Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Money List Winner

The relief of finding a lost ball.

Played a medal today and after nine I was two over. Played the back nine and I was hitting it gorgeous. It just flowed, PP was having a good round as well. Stood on the par five 18th and they have now moved the white tees back another 50 yd, back to where they should be. Moved coz of storm damage a few months ago. Anyway I hit my best drive of the day, the penetrating flight was a thing of beauty. That was until it hit the tallest tree on the Lhs. I had pulled it slightly and at that moment in time Adele would of been proud of me. PP hit his down the middle and that is where I put my provisional.
    We spent five mins looking for it and found four balls but not mine. I was spitting feathers. I said to PP am just gonna have a look down the Lhs past the tree. I was just turning back having walked 50 yd and given up the ghost and I saw summat winking at me. I walked up and it was the most beautiful thing on gods earth at that moment in time. I let out the biggest girlie squeal I have ever done. Which was an achievement coz I had done the same thing 15 mins earlier when I parred the 16th for the first time ever in a comp.
    Anyway a smashed hybrid, 8 iron, and two putts later and am walking off with a par and 72 after hcap. PP shot a 73 with a seven on the last. Was winning my div and second overall and fingers crossed a hcap cut. But finding that ball was just massive.

Any other lost ball stories.

Re: The relief of finding a lost ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Played a medal today and after nine I was two over. Played the back nine and I was hitting it gorgeous. It just flowed, PP was having a good round as well. Stood on the par five 18th and they have now moved the white tees back another 50 yd, back to where they should be. Moved coz of storm damage a few months ago. Anyway I hit my best drive of the day, the penetrating flight was a thing of beauty. That was until it hit the tallest tree on the Lhs. I had pulled it slightly and at that moment in time Adele would of been proud of me. PP hit his down the middle and that is where I put my provisional.
    We spent five mins looking for it and found four balls but not mine. I was spitting feathers. I said to PP am just gonna have a look down the Lhs past the tree. I was just turning back having walked 50 yd and given up the ghost and I saw summat winking at me. I walked up and it was the most beautiful thing on gods earth at that moment in time. I let out the biggest girlie squeal I have ever done. Which was an achievement coz I had done the same thing 15 mins earlier when I parred the 16th for the first time ever in a comp.
    Anyway a smashed hybrid, 8 iron, and two putts later and am walking off with a par and 72 after hcap. PP shot a 73 with a seven on the last. Was winning my div and second overall and fingers crossed a hcap cut. But finding that ball was just massive.

Any other lost ball stories.
    you cheated then......

Well done on the good round.

I purposely try not to think too much about it when i'm looking for a ball. My thoughts are always, if i am meant to find it, i will find it. that way i don't get too pi55ed off if i don't.

But there is nothing worse than hitting a perfectly good drive, straight down the middle and not being able to find it. That's happened to me a few times.
    • Gog Magog Golf Club Member
    • Woodford Golf Club Member
    • TaylorMade M1 Driver, 9º stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 3 Wood, 14º stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 5 Wood, 19º stiff
    • Mizuno MP59 4-PW, Project X 6.0
    • Vokey SM5 wedges (52º, 55º, 60º)
    • TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
    • Titleist Pro V1 ball

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    you cheated then......
    Probably not the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Probably not the first.
    that's ok then.

You need to DQ yourself A.S.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    you cheated then......
    How? Do you mean because he looked for longer than 5 minutes?
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Slazenger Firesteel 3 & 5 woods (from original starter set )
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Srixon AD333 balls
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    How? Do you mean because he looked for longer than 5 minutes?

Exactly.

Challenge Tour Pro

so your best drive of the day was pulled and hit a tree?

Then you spent over five minutes looking for the ball? I thought the ruling was five minutes? Am I wrong? if you spent longer than that, then its ball lost isn't it?
    2017 Handicap. Jan - 25.1. April - 19.8. May - 20.0. July - 19.7. “Golf is about how well you accept, respond to, and score with your misses much more than it is a game of your perfect shots.” Dr Bob Rotella “Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.” Sam Snead"I know where I am and I know which way I am going. Only winning will satisfy me. You don't think it is possible? It is very possible!" Seve

Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar

which begs the question, did he time himself on a stopwatch, or did he guess the 5 minutes in which case there could be a significant margin for error
    if on a watch , then strictly the ball is out of play, but if he was guessing the lapsed time, then as long as it is not obviously longer then let it ride

just my opinion
    Driver Callaway Big Bertha 9 Degree, A-Flex
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    Hybrid Callaway XR 22 Degree A-Flex
    wilson staff FG Tour v4 utility iron Reg
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Callaway Mack Daddy2 52, 58 degree A-Flex
    Putter Ping Scottsdale Grayhawk 34 inch with Fatso 50 Grip
    Handicap 19.5 Whipsnade Park GC
    2017 Imurg Challenge : Me 8 : 11 Him