Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: TDF

Re: TDF

strange attack from Froome near the top of the climb with Landa so far ahead, Aru and Bardet both gone with him, not sure why Sky are the ones attacking really, let Aru do the work
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

I'm pleased you guys are posting, it is helping me understand what is happening. I am following the race on the BBC website, quiet day at work, and CF seems to be holding up. Hopefully he can be strong until the end.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Cobra Baffler 5w, Nike Covert Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I'm pleased you guys are posting, it is helping me understand what is happening. I am following the race on the BBC website, quiet day at work, and CF seems to be holding up. Hopefully he can be strong until the end.
    he certainly looks strong (as do Bardet and Aru) im just struggling to understand his tactics unless it s a case of attack to stop them attacking as his legs arent that great again
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch

so bar Landas gains nothing much changed, still struggle to understand why Sky shouldered most of the burden and didnt force Aru to be the one defending the yellow jersey more
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch

Was that a good day from Froome though? It showed his legs are okay still and perhaps he needed to show that to himself and the others.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Cobra Baffler 5w, Nike Covert Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Was that a good day from Froome though? It showed his legs are okay still and perhaps he needed to show that to himself and the others.
    yeah good day result wise, 2 big mountain stages left next week and then the time trial, the rest of the stages almost certain to be neutral. Boils down to if he can not lose much time on those 2 days he should be good enough on the TT to get back into yellow and win the tour. be interesting to see if Landa were to attack again on the next day in the mountains
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch

Well Quintana surprised me today as he had a good day on the bike.

i actually think Landa is stronger than Froome but no way will Sky let him take over half way through a Grand Tour.

Would like to see Dan Martin attack the field as he is looking like the only one who can have a go at Aru and Froome.
    For anyone wanting for more info on the Sunningdale mega meet 2017 please e mail Trump2016@hotmail.com

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    Well Quintana surprised me today as he had a good day on the bike.

i actually think Landa is stronger than Froome but no way will Sky let him take over half way through a Grand Tour.

Would like to see Dan Martin attack the field as he is looking like the only one who can have a go at Aru and Froome.
    Trouble is he was nearly a minute behind Froome in the short TT at the start. Also Aru had about 15 seconds on him in the TT. So will probably be more behind on the final one as it is a bit longer (all things being equal) so that is a lot of time he needs to be ahead of Froome and possibly Aru to be confident of winning it. So Sky probably see Froome as the sensible one to back unless its clear he is shot. I suppose at least they are giving themselves the options now.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by fundy View Post
    so bar Landas gains nothing much changed, still struggle to understand why Sky shouldered most of the burden and didnt force Aru to be the one defending the yellow jersey more
    As you said earlier, possibly were scared that Froome may not be able to respond if Aru went, but keeping the pace reltively high may lessen the chances of Aru going on one, especially after the stage the day before?

Tour Rookie

Froome back in yellow jersey
    Poor finish for Aru.