Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TDF

Re: TDF

He is only 6 seconds behind, that is not a crisis. The key is whether it was just a bad day, or session, or whether it took a lot out of his legs. (I'm following it now on the BBC website so bear with me). When is the next big hill? Is that tomorrow or do they give them an easier ride to let them have some recovery?

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    He is only 6 seconds behind, that is not a crisis. The key is whether it was just a bad day, or session, or whether it took a lot out of his legs. (I'm following it now on the BBC website so bear with me). When is the next big hill? Is that tomorrow or do they give them an easier ride to let them have some recovery?
    Tomorrow has 3 category 1 climbs (relatively nasty ones) but it is not a mountain finish and it is the shortest stage in the tour, excluding the time trials. Doubt much will change in the GC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Tomorrow has 3 category 1 climbs (relatively nasty ones) but it is not a mountain finish and it is the shortest stage in the tour, excluding the time trials. Doubt much will change in the GC.
    hmm im not so sure, i think tomorrow could be the critical day, i think they will attack from the first hill with it being a much shorter stage especially after today, strike while the iron is hot and all that. Feels very much like the stage late in the Vuelta
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by fundy View Post
    hmm im not so sure, i think tomorrow could be the critical day, i think they will attack from the first hill with it being a much shorter stage especially after today, strike while the iron is hot and all that. Feels very much like the stage late in the Vuelta
    Perhaps, not sure if Sky will have enough left though as they did put in a hell of a lot of work yesterday up the final climb for no reward. But at least it has made the tour exciting again and it is not another stage where there is a doomed breakaway and Kittel wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Perhaps, not sure if Sky will have enough left though as they did put in a hell of a lot of work yesterday up the final climb for no reward. But at least it has made the tour exciting again and it is not another stage where there is a doomed breakaway and Kittel wins.
    thats my point, wont be sky attacking, it will be all the other main GC contenders and teams, esp Aru Bardet and Martin
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch

I was thinking exactly the same. They've seen he's vulnerable now and will want to attack him as much as possible. Should only really be 3 more stages to attack him after today (Sun, Wed, could be the most important stage of this years tour & Thurs) as most of the other GC riders know he's got the ability to attack them back on the Saturday time trial.
    Hit a little white ball round a field into a small hole. Repeat.

Current Handicap: 12 2016 Target: Lower than 12

nope, 2 main big hill stages he hasnt had the legs and despite having his team with him hasnt been able to go with Aru at the finish
    I can see Aru attacking him again today and trying to take more time from him, Aru is looking very strong and no one else is even close to the pair of them, Quintana is very disappointing this year.
    For anyone wanting for more info on the Sunningdale mega meet 2017 please e mail Trump2016@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    I can see Aru attacking him again today and trying to take more time from him, Aru is looking very strong and no one else is even close to the pair of them, Quintana is very disappointing this year.
    Bardet was very impressive yesterday, Martin has been very consistent apart from losing time when he brought down in the "Porte" crash and even Uran looked good at times, but agree Aru looks the strongest overall. Be interesting to see how Froome reacts today
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch

Bardet was very impressive yesterday, Martin has been very consistent apart from losing time when he brought down in the "Porte" crash and even Uran looked good at times, but agree Aru looks the strongest overall. Be interesting to see how Froome reacts today
    You could argue Bardet is stronger than both of them after yesterdays stage.

Bardet could easily put time into both again today as his descending is at a different level.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

the funs started on the first climb, Froomes teammate Landa up the road attacking with Contador and almost all the main GC riders are going to be doing it on their own rather than relying too much on teammates today

be great to see Contador roll back the clock, short stage with some sharp climbs may suit him best these days
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch