Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Portstewart this week

Quote Originally Posted by brendy View Post
    Seems Birkdale is only 170 yards or so longer too so unless it is tricked up or the weather is much harsher, it could be the same in theory.
    Playing at 70 for the open though so thats 8 off already, not that we should be bothered as long as the shots are interesting.

Birkdale also has far more severe fairway bunkering as opposed to barely any at Portstewart. Think the SSS from normal whites at Birkdale is 75 as opposed to 73 and those are 350 short of the back set. Tin hat firmly on but I doubt anyone will take the piss at The Open.
    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

Quote Originally Posted by stevek1969 View Post
    Ballyliffin next year another fantastic course ,I'm sure Smange's inbox will be full of guys wanting an invite before it
    Brilliant news for the club and the whole area in general Steve.

Already a good bit of work done in preparation for it, with 3 new tees built to add a bit more more length and looking forward to see what else they do to prepare the course for the top pros.

As you know Steve it's a truly fantastic golf course and I can't wait to see how the pros do round it.

You know your welcome anytime mate.

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by smange View Post
    Brilliant news for the club and the whole area in general Steve.

Already a good bit of work done in preparation for it, with 3 new tees built to add a bit more more length and looking forward to see what else they do to prepare the course for the top pros.

As you know Steve it's a truly fantastic golf course and I can't wait to see how the pros do round it.

You know your welcome anytime mate.
    Looking at far more wind this week so I don't think the scoring will approach Portstewart levels

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bamford View Post
    Looking at far more wind this week so I don't think the scoring will approach Portstewart levels
    Dundonald is an extremely fair test of golf, all the trouble is there for you to see. Keep the ball in position and there will be scores out there. The wind will be the big defence depending on how much it kicks up but the greens may frustrate a few, they are very very subtle. Can be hard to read.

Looking forward to seeing how these top guys perform.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    Dundonald is an extremely fair test of golf, all the trouble is there for you to see. Keep the ball in position and there will be scores out there. The wind will be the big defence depending on how much it kicks up but the greens may frustrate a few, they are very very subtle. Can be hard to read.

Looking forward to seeing how these top guys perform.
    The top guys will destroy it if the wind as is currently. I'd expect a 64 or better on a calm day at Dundonald so blow wind, blow.

Really like Dundonald, it's very fair and very rewarding of good shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    The top guys will destroy it if the wind as is currently. I'd expect a 64 or better on a calm day at Dundonald so blow wind, blow.

I would reckon they will take the course apart unless its blowing a Gail. Most links courses need wind as protection unless you have it set up with narrow fairways and rock hard greens
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Q-School Graduate

Totally agree, I predicted -24 last week. Only Saturday looks to have a bit of rain in the mix and slightly more wind on Sunday. Hit fairways and yes Dundonald will get taken apart. However the greens are very subtle which can frustrate.

Looking forward to going down tomorrow.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Ryder Cup Winner

Totally agree, I predicted -24 last week. Only Saturday looks to have a bit of rain in the mix and slightly more wind on Sunday. Hit fairways and yes Dundonald will get taken apart. However the greens are very subtle which can frustrate.

Looking forward to going down tomorrow.
    Enjoying your membership?

Q-School Graduate

Enjoying your membership?
    Absolutely.

Brilliant place to at golf. Staff are absolutely fantastic too. Best move ever, should have done this years ago.

Ryder Cup Winner

Absolutely.

Brilliant place to at golf. Staff are absolutely fantastic too. Best move ever, should have done this years ago.