Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41
  1. #31
    Tour Rookie Hosel Fade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Surrey/Berks
    Posts
    1,352

    Re: Portstewart this week

    Quote Originally Posted by brendy View Post
    Seems Birkdale is only 170 yards or so longer too so unless it is tricked up or the weather is much harsher, it could be the same in theory.
    Playing at 70 for the open though so thats 8 off already, not that we should be bothered as long as the shots are interesting.

    Birkdale also has far more severe fairway bunkering as opposed to barely any at Portstewart. Think the SSS from normal whites at Birkdale is 75 as opposed to 73 and those are 350 short of the back set. Tin hat firmly on but I doubt anyone will take the piss at The Open.
    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

  2. #32
    Journeyman Pro smange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    2,135

    Re: Portstewart this week

    Quote Originally Posted by stevek1969 View Post
    Ballyliffin next year another fantastic course ,I'm sure Smange's inbox will be full of guys wanting an invite before it
    Brilliant news for the club and the whole area in general Steve.

    Already a good bit of work done in preparation for it, with 3 new tees built to add a bit more more length and looking forward to see what else they do to prepare the course for the top pros.

    As you know Steve it's a truly fantastic golf course and I can't wait to see how the pros do round it.

    You know your welcome anytime mate.

  3. #33
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    268

    Re: Portstewart this week

    Quote Originally Posted by smange View Post
    Brilliant news for the club and the whole area in general Steve.

    Already a good bit of work done in preparation for it, with 3 new tees built to add a bit more more length and looking forward to see what else they do to prepare the course for the top pros.

    As you know Steve it's a truly fantastic golf course and I can't wait to see how the pros do round it.

    You know your welcome anytime mate.
    Looking at far more wind this week so I don't think the scoring will approach Portstewart levels

  4. #34
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,356

    Re: Portstewart this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bamford View Post
    Looking at far more wind this week so I don't think the scoring will approach Portstewart levels
    Dundonald is an extremely fair test of golf, all the trouble is there for you to see. Keep the ball in position and there will be scores out there. The wind will be the big defence depending on how much it kicks up but the greens may frustrate a few, they are very very subtle. Can be hard to read.

    Looking forward to seeing how these top guys perform.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

  5. #35
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    11,845

    Re: Portstewart this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    Dundonald is an extremely fair test of golf, all the trouble is there for you to see. Keep the ball in position and there will be scores out there. The wind will be the big defence depending on how much it kicks up but the greens may frustrate a few, they are very very subtle. Can be hard to read.

    Looking forward to seeing how these top guys perform.
    The top guys will destroy it if the wind as is currently. I'd expect a 64 or better on a calm day at Dundonald so blow wind, blow.

    Really like Dundonald, it's very fair and very rewarding of good shots.

  6. #36
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    14,286

    Re: Portstewart this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    The top guys will destroy it if the wind as is currently. I'd expect a 64 or better on a calm day at Dundonald so blow wind, blow.

    Really like Dundonald, it's very fair and very rewarding of good shots.
    I would reckon they will take the course apart unless its blowing a Gail. Most links courses need wind as protection unless you have it set up with narrow fairways and rock hard greens
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

    The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

  7. #37
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,356

    Re: Portstewart this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    The top guys will destroy it if the wind as is currently. I'd expect a 64 or better on a calm day at Dundonald so blow wind, blow.

    Really like Dundonald, it's very fair and very rewarding of good shots.
    Totally agree, I predicted -24 last week. Only Saturday looks to have a bit of rain in the mix and slightly more wind on Sunday. Hit fairways and yes Dundonald will get taken apart. However the greens are very subtle which can frustrate.

    Looking forward to going down tomorrow.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

  8. #38
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    11,845

    Re: Portstewart this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    Totally agree, I predicted -24 last week. Only Saturday looks to have a bit of rain in the mix and slightly more wind on Sunday. Hit fairways and yes Dundonald will get taken apart. However the greens are very subtle which can frustrate.

    Looking forward to going down tomorrow.
    Enjoying your membership?

  9. #39
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,356

    Re: Portstewart this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Enjoying your membership?
    Absolutely.

    Brilliant place to at golf. Staff are absolutely fantastic too. Best move ever, should have done this years ago.

  10. #40
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    11,845

    Re: Portstewart this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    Absolutely.

    Brilliant place to at golf. Staff are absolutely fantastic too. Best move ever, should have done this years ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Sunday Trading: Deals On Under Armour, Training Aids, Accessories And More!

Check out these great deals we've found this week...

April 22, 2018

WATCH: Tiger Woods Clinic

The 14-time major winner gave a clinic at his new course and he was on form!

April 20, 2018

Charley Hull’s Unexpected Club Change For LA Open

England's Charley Hull struggled to adapt to her new equipment in the LA Open after British Airways lost her clubs.

April 20, 2018

How Golf Has Changed Since Arsene Wenger Took Over At Arsenal

Arsene Wenger announced that he will be leaving Arsenal after 22 years. Here's what golf looked like when he took over in October 1996...

April 20, 2018

Irish Stars to play in Adare Manor curtain-raiser

As part of a stunning new design at the Limerick-based course, Adare Manor is hosting a charity event to celebrate its opening.

April 20, 2018