Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tour Rookie

Re: Portstewart this week

Murray just telling us about enormous importance of Im's tee shot on 18. Poor lad hooks it left into pot bunker and issues v. Gentle expletive.

Cue Roe : 'no need for the language'. Au contraire mon frere, there was every need for a whole volley followed by the breaking of big dog over the knee...

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I know. He said the ball was replaced in a different spot, but there was no penalty? Not that it makes a difference to the result, but still.
    Difficult to quantify that, everytime you move your marker a putterhead you are not putting it back in the same place, bound to be off by an inch or so even if you take a tree or something as a line. Very different to the Lexi one.
    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

Quote Originally Posted by Hosel Fade View Post
    Difficult to quantify that, everytime you move your marker a putterhead you are not putting it back in the same place, bound to be off by an inch or so even if you take a tree or something as a line. Very different to the Lexi one.
    The problem wasn't the moving the marker and replacing it ...it was marking to the side and then replacing in front....
    Epic 10°
    Fusion 3w 15°
    Big Bertha 5w 19°
    Big Bertha 4h 22°
    CF 16 5-PW
    Apex GW
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    The problem wasn't the moving the marker and replacing it ...it was marking to the side and then replacing in front....
    But you are assuming that was done at exactly 90 degrees and then placed back exactly in front, which was explained wasn't the case. It was described as being the difference between 11 o'clock & 10 o'clock on a clock face and with the extra contributing factor of the putter length being used, the margin of error could neither be deliberate or exact.

I think it was a common sense decision and a correct call.

No association to the Lexy situation which was deliberate imo and conscious.

If it was that close I'm surprised that officials saw it and 4 viewers emailed in....
    Surely if he and the ref agree that he's replaced at 11 but marked at 10 then he's nearer the hole....
    Intentional or not, he's in the wrong place...
    It just muddies the water, leaves it open for things like this to happen on a weekend morning....
    Epic 10°
    Fusion 3w 15°
    Big Bertha 5w 19°
    Big Bertha 4h 22°
    CF 16 5-PW
    Apex GW
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Quote Originally Posted by Hosel Fade View Post
    Par 72 of barely 7000 yards and wet will do that especially with very little wind, tour players are just that good. Just have to see the latest Crossfield course videos to see what it takes to keep tour scoring at -10ish
    Seems Birkdale is only 170 yards or so longer too so unless it is tricked up or the weather is much harsher, it could be the same in theory.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    If it was that close I'm surprised that officials saw it and 4 viewers emailed in....
    Surely if he and the ref agree that he's replaced at 11 but marked at 10 then he's nearer the hole....
    Intentional or not, he's in the wrong place...
    It just muddies the water, leaves it open for things like this to happen on a weekend morning....
    Who said which way around the clock face it was? He marked slightly at the side because of the other marker, then moved it further away the width of his putter, after repeating the putter movement he then replaced the ball again slightly to the side, with no marker still on the ground from the other player it's a marginal guess, the putter length not being a slide rule task means there will be a slight variable anyway, we're possibly talking only about a millimetre.

It's a non story imo.

Q-School Graduate

Portstewart is a beautiful course, front 9 is tremendous, back 9 is better than average. Beautiful place to play golf.

I predict similar scoring at Dundonald next week. Love where they have put the Sky studio.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Ballyliffin next year another fantastic course ,I'm sure Smange's inbox will be full of guys wanting an invite before it
    www.scotscraiggolfclub.com

Hcp :- Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by stevek1969 View Post
    Ballyliffin next year another fantastic course ,I'm sure Smange's inbox will be full of guys wanting an invite before it
    I've already spoken for all his allocated visitor sign ons.