Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest Trilby Tour Offer.....

Just received an email with a "last chance" invite to play in the Trilby Tour event being held at Gaudet Luce Golf Club in Worcestershire for just £285.00.
    Having never heard of the place, I thought I'd Google it.
    I can book a game up including a nice juicy burger in the clubhouse for £20.00 per person.
    That'll be a "No" from me then.
    Last edited by Smiffy; 04-Jul-2017 at 10:57.
    Cooden Beach Centenary Betterball Champion 2012 with Richart Handicap 13.0 Member http://www.coodenbeachgc.com/ Nike Covert 2.0 VRS Driver, 3 & 5 woods.TaylorMade RSi1 4-LWYes Tracy Putter. THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE KNOB.

Journeyman Pro

Re: Latest Trilby Tour Offer.....

This is obviously well trod ground, however, I'm not anti-Trilby Tour. I like the concept and if it were played at a prestigious course that I would actually like to play, I'd probably do it.
    Handicap: 12

From most of the posts about the Trilby tour on here I would say that it's not something that I would bother with. Paying that sort of money to play in an event beset by bandits on an average track is just silly.
    spray it about a bit and can't putt 🇿🇦

I played in it once and the concept is great but the whole thing is spoiled by banditry, huge egos and excessive cost to play courses not even good enough to be average. And don't get me started on that total eejit that does the narration for the bloopers on Sky!!

Challenge Tour Pro Radbourne2010's Avatar

I played a local qualifying event at Hanbury Manor for £50 back in 2012. Great offer & top three got an entry into one of the main events for free. I think TT has a place in the greater scheme of golf events in UK. It offers a chance for people who may not enter other events due to stigma about handicap, dress, etiquette, etc. Pays your money & takes your choice...

I'm not totally against it in principle.... I played in it once at Bearwood Lakes. Cost me £250.00 I think, and there were some good courses to choose from like The Oxfordshire etc. Didn't seem too bad at the time. But to pay £285.00 to take part on a course I can get on for £20.00 INCLUDING food, (albeit a burger), is a pee take.
    Cooden Beach Centenary Betterball Champion 2012 with Richart Handicap 13.0 Member http://www.coodenbeachgc.com/ Nike Covert 2.0 VRS Driver, 3 & 5 woods.TaylorMade RSi1 4-LWYes Tracy Putter. THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE KNOB.

Club Champion

If they were to get a course that was anywhere near half decent then the price would probably be about 3 x as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    I'm not totally against it in principle.... I played in it once at Bearwood Lakes. Cost me £250.00 I think, and there were some good courses to choose from like The Oxfordshire etc. Didn't seem too bad at the time. But to pay £285.00 to take part on a course I can get on for £20.00 INCLUDING food, (albeit a burger), is a pee take.
    That's a shame Rob your a prime candidate for rogues gallery
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    Don't you get a bag, golf attire to wear and a few other bits & bobs also?
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

Hcp: 16.5

I thought you got a hat but you can't wear it indoors.
    Ping SF Tech Driver 10.5 deg
    Ping i 3 Wood 14.5 deg
    Ping i Hybrid 19 deg
    Ping i Irons (4-PW)
    Ping Glide Wedge 50 deg
    Ping Glide Wedge 54 deg
    Ping Glide Wedge 60 deg
    Ping Scottsdale Anser2 Putter
    Balls: ProV1X (or Srixon AD333 over water).
    Handicap 8.1