Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Hampshire
    Posts
    130

    Good golf resort for a non-golfer?

    It's my 65th next June and my wife would like us to go somewhere for a week or so where I could play a few rounds of golf but she (as a non golfer) would still have plenty of things to do (spa, pool, beach, town etc). Many of the resorts I've looked at are a bit remote from other activities

    I initially thought of the Welk resort in Escondido, California; as I have stayed there a couple of times before I took up golf, but it's a bit far to go, so would like to find something similar in mainland Europe or the Canary Islands. Any recommendations?

  2. #2
    Tour Rookie HankMarvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Good golf resort for a non-golfer?

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck View Post
    It's my 65th next June and my wife would like us to go somewhere for a week or so where I could play a few rounds of golf but she (as a non golfer) would still have plenty of things to do (spa, pool, beach, town etc). Many of the resorts I've looked at are a bit remote from other activities

    I initially thought of the Welk resort in Escondido, California; as I have stayed there a couple of times before I took up golf, but it's a bit far to go, so would like to find something similar in mainland Europe or the Canary Islands. Any recommendations?
    Butlins, I am sure they still have the crazy golf
    Mizuno MP 18's muscleback TM M4 DriverTM M2 3 Wood Glenearn Golf Club

  3. #3
    Major Champion Foxholer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wasting away again in Margaritaville
    Posts
    18,251

    Re: Good golf resort for a non-golfer?

    K Club!

    Plenty of non-golf activities or simply to relax - or a trip to Dublin! My non-golfing wife loved it!

    And if there's racing at The Curragh.....
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    MacGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

    Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

  4. #4
    Tour Winner Maninblack4612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    South Shields
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Good golf resort for a non-golfer?

    Aphrodite Hills in Cyprus. My wife loved the spa & restaurants & the course is spectacular. Built on two hills with a ravine between them. You have to negotiate around 18 hairpin bends in the buggy to get from the 4th green to 5th tee.
    Taylormade M1 9˝°, Matrix Black Tie 6M3 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22°
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 10 @ SSGC.co.uk (9.5, whole season to get back to single figures)

  5. #5
    Money List Winner williamalex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    uddingston
    Posts
    7,639

    Re: Good golf resort for a non-golfer?

    Check out the Ritz Carlton Abama 5 star hotel in Tenerife, it has everything your looking for including its own excellent golf course, it's expensive but looks absolutely stunning.
    I'm trying to talk the wife into us going later in the year , fingers crossed.
    Last edited by williamalex1; 02-Jul-2017 at 20:53.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

  6. #6
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Hampshire
    Posts
    130

    Re: Good golf resort for a non-golfer?

    Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    Check out the Ritz Carlton Abama 5 star hotel in Tenerife, it has everything your looking for including its own excellent golf course, it's expensive but looks absolutely stunning.
    I'm trying to talk the wife into us going later in the year , fingers crossed.
    Looks very nice, it's on our short list.

  7. #7
    Tour Rookie Hosel Fade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Surrey/Berks
    Posts
    1,352

    Re: Good golf resort for a non-golfer?

    One of the Cascais/Estoril ones paired with a couple of days in Lisbon? Not sure re hotels/spas as I stayed in an apartment but there is plenty of things to do outside of the hotel.
    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

  8. #8
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Hampshire
    Posts
    130

    Re: Good golf resort for a non-golfer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maninblack4612 View Post
    Aphrodite Hills in Cyprus. My wife loved the spa & restaurants & the course is spectacular. Built on two hills with a ravine between them. You have to negotiate around 18 hairpin bends in the buggy to get from the 4th green to 5th tee.
    I like the look of that a lot, only concern is that it might be a tad too warm by that time.

  9. #9
    Ryder Cup Winner drive4show's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poole, Dorset
    Posts
    10,968

    Re: Good golf resort for a non-golfer?


  10. #10
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    351

    Re: Good golf resort for a non-golfer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maninblack4612 View Post
    Aphrodite Hills in Cyprus. My wife loved the spa & restaurants & the course is spectacular. Built on two hills with a ravine between them. You have to negotiate around 18 hairpin bends in the buggy to get from the 4th green to 5th tee.
    Yeah played this course a few times and the whole resort is great however it is hot in the summer, I went in August but the buggies had ice buckets and cold water on tap and the course was quiet later on due to the heat. Great for the no golfer though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

How Golf Has Changed Since Arsene Wenger Took Over At Arsenal

Arsene Wenger announced that he will be leaving Arsenal after 22 years. Here's what golf looked like when he took over in October 1996...

April 20, 2018

Irish Stars to play in Adare Manor curtain-raiser

As part of a stunning new design at the Limerick-based course, Adare Manor is hosting a charity event to celebrate its opening.

April 20, 2018

17 Ways To Tell You’re Obsessed With Golf

The tell-tale signs that you are a true golf fanatic

April 19, 2018

When Is Tiger Woods Next Playing?

The 14-time major champion has looked close to his best so far in 2018. But when is Tiger Woods next playing?

April 18, 2018

World Number One Amateur Joaquin Niemann Turns Pro

The 19-year-old Chilean has turned professional and will make his pro debut in Texas this week

April 18, 2018