Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Re: Eng v S.A. Test Series

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Good selection, I thought TJR would get the nod. Bit of a kick in the stones for Rashid tho. Is his test career over???
    Dont quite agree that it was good selection, Joe root could of rolled out the figures that dawson did. Rashid has to feel hard done too more than any other spinner.
    In The Bag & Club:
    • Driver - Titleist 913D2 9.5 - Diamana 62 S+ Blue
    • Fairway Wood - Cobra King F7 15.5 Draw Bias - Fujikura Pro 65S
    • Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 19 - Diamana S+ 70 Silver
    • Irons - Titleist AP2 716 4 - PW - Dynamic Gold XP 115 S300 - Std Length, 1 Upright
    • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 50, 54 & 58 all V-MG
    • Putter - Ping Cadence TR Anser 2
    • Balls - Vice Pro+
    • HCP 2017 - 12.4 > 12.0 > 11.4 > 11.6
    • Sandbach Golf Club
    • www.sandbachgolfclub.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jates12 View Post
    Dont quite agree that it was good selection, Joe root could of rolled out the figures that dawson did. Rashid has to feel hard done too more than any other spinner.
    What I meant was that it was a good selection to drop the seamer and play the 2nd spinner they selected. I agree that 2nd spinner should have been Rashid.
    H/cap 6.7,

Very rare for England to play 2 spinners in a home test. Good to see. Hopefully a sign that Root will be more adventurous than Cook as a captain.

The worry with Rashid is about control and runs per over. I'm not saying that is correct but that is the line being given on TMS.

Not test related but did anyone else see the Notts game on Friday where Fletcher was whacked on the head. Horrible moment, a real sickener. When the physio took his hands away from his head there was a collective intake and hands to mouth from the players on the pitch. You knew it was unpleasant when there were no replays. The good news is he seems to be okay although they will keep monitoring him.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Friend of mine in our swindle is a MCC member and was there Friday. The morning was excellent he said, but the afternoon and evening sessions were very boring. What he did say about Dawson was that he was bowling too fast so no chance for the bowl to grab and turn. He hoped not playing Rashid would come back to bite us.
    Forever trying.

i wonder if questions will be asked about the pitch did England ask for a dry pitch that would break up i wonder?

From my recollection Lords has been a bit of a Road recently that has got better as the game went on and tons of runs scored.

A good move if they did SA seam attack is pretty formidable, and their spinners not all that. But then again that could have backfired.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    i wonder if questions will be asked about the pitch did England ask for a dry pitch that would break up i wonder?

From my recollection Lords has been a bit of a Road recently that has got better as the game went on and tons of runs scored.

A good move if they did SA seam attack is pretty formidable, and their spinners not all that. But then again that could have backfired.
    more a case of it being very late for the first lords test, the weather having been hotter and drier than normal and them having had a lot of cricket there recently

give me that pitch rather than the normal lords borefest that last 10 days and ensures they get 5 days of revenue despite it being very boring cricket to watch
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

A home team can have the pitch any way they like, that is their prerogative. Turning wickets in India and Bangladesh by any chance?

The wicket was fine, a good test wicket. Had 20 wickets fallen on day 1 then you have an issue but a test wicket is supposed to break down over time. If not you get a bore fest. as fundy mentions.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Thought it was a good cricket wicket. Runs if the batsmen applied themselves and turn for the spinners. I think it might have been greener if we were playing India
    H/cap 6.7,

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Thought it was a good cricket wicket. Runs if the batsmen applied themselves and turn for the spinners. I think it might have been greener if we were playing India
    This

saffers batting looking far stronger with de kock up at 4 (as some of us wanted last test lol), he really is a top class player, good to see Amla back in the runs too
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7