Assistant Pro

Play more golf membership

Hi all

i know I have asked about before so sorry

But is anyone a member of this scheme? If so, would you recommend it?

Assistant Pro

Re: Play more golf membership

Quote Originally Posted by MrC View Post
    Hi all

i know I have asked about before so sorry

But is anyone a member of this scheme? If so, would you recommend it?
    I guess that's a no then

A few people, me included, looked at it and then either did or didn't follow through. I didn't but for reasons not linked to the scheme. It looks a good deal if the matrix suits you. That is the key to it. No catches as far as I could work out.

What course are you looking at?

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    A few people, me included, looked at it and then either did or didn't follow through. I didn't but for reasons not linked to the scheme. It looks a good deal if the matrix suits you. That is the key to it. No catches as far as I could work out.

What course are you looking at?
    Maylands in Essex. Matrix looks ok. 8 points for a peak weekend round, drops to 6 points after 11am I think and as low as 2 or 3 points for a midweek round.

They nearly always have an offer giving out extra points so don't join without that. You also get points via referral schemes so try to make use of that as well.

Your matrix sound very similar to the one I would have had. Good numbers unless you are looking to play a lot of comps, usually in the weekend am slot which eats points.

Medal Winner

I'm on it, works for me as I'm after a handicap and choice on playing venue. Happy to play 10 club medals and other medals events elsewhere to keep it fresh 👍 it has its plusses and negatives like most schemes !!

8 pts per medal = 24 + entry so no cheap but could you play on a private course at same rate at peak times?

I really really nearly joined on one. Went for the meeting with the club owner, and when it came down to it, it seemed too much faffing around. ie every time you want to play you have to book thru pmg and not the club, Inc comps. Just felt a ball ache it you fancied a quick 9

I decided to join on a full membership which come Wednesday, will be well on the way
    H'cap 15

Assistant Pro

thanks, similar to my situation. Never been a member before of a GC so seems like a nice compromise to play in a few medals, get a handicap and see what happens

Assistant Pro

thanks - they text an offer every now and again so will make sure I get something