Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Tour Rookie Toad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

    Not much on offer in Perth but can host you at either of my clubs if the dates match up.

  2. #22
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

    Depending on dates I'd be happy to host something at my place ☺
    Cobra King LTD Pro Driver
    Cobra King LTD 4 Wood
    Mizuno MP-H5 2 Iron
    Mizuno MP-4 Irons (4-PW)
    Cobra King Versatile Wedges (52,58)
    Scotty Cameron Newport Beach 1.5 Putter

    Handicap : 7.7

    http://www.broomieknowe.com

  3. #23
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    13,775

    Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

    What has become popular in recent years is multi-day competitions, sometimes taking in some great courses (or open qualifier courses, with the final being at a prestigious or an open course venue).

    Check this out, for a list of them, although note that on some, say only 64 of the top 120 get to play at the top course, the other 56 may play a lesser course. Any help in picking, we'll all help:-

    http://www.golfempire.co.uk/features...mpetitions.htm

    Going on the quality of the courses, and the dates you have mentioned, I'd recommend the Southport classic, Wirral Classic and the Ayrshire kinks cup as very good looking ones. Make sure they still have spaces, also.
    Last edited by Liverbirdie; 29-Jun-2017 at 22:43.

  4. #24
    Tour Winner Wayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    2,765

    Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

    Get it done if I had some spare time then I would do it
    In The Bag:

    Titleist 917 d3 8.5 degree
    Titleist T mb 2 iron
    Vega VC01 3-6 iron VM01 7-PW Shimada Tour X shafts
    Vega rafw 01 - 52 57 60
    Odyssey o works red 7

    Club: Seaham golf club
    Twitter: cwayman90

  5. #25
    Journeyman Pro mcbroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The wettest village in Scotland
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    the Ayrshire kinks cup
    Oh aye...? Might be interested in that one
    Some clubs
    Some baws
    Hunners of broken tees
    and a Snickers that was best before Oct 2011

    www.wlgc.co.uk


    7.1

  6. #26
    Assistant Pro makaveli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    162

    Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Farneyman View Post
    Don't forget about the West Coast if its within distance

    I would love to go there as well, I also have a friend in Ayr that I can meet! Do you play there?

  7. #27
    Assistant Pro makaveli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    162

    Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by louise_a View Post
    I did that last year, when I was up playing in the Strathtyrum, I was there at 2.30am. It paid off, as I got a teetime at around 12

    if you do queue, once they open up at about 6.30am, they will give you a tee time and then you can go away until that time.
    Thsi is exactly what I would like to do! this is valid every day but Sunday right?

  8. #28
    Assistant Pro makaveli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    162

    Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    What has become popular in recent years is multi-day competitions, sometimes taking in some great courses (or open qualifier courses, with the final being at a prestigious or an open course venue).

    Check this out, for a list of them, although note that on some, say only 64 of the top 120 get to play at the top course, the other 56 may play a lesser course. Any help in picking, we'll all help:-

    http://www.golfempire.co.uk/features...mpetitions.htm

    Going on the quality of the courses, and the dates you have mentioned, I'd recommend the Southport classic, Wirral Classic and the Ayrshire kinks cup as very good looking ones. Make sure they still have spaces, also.
    Great suggestion, thanks!!

  9. #29
    Tour Winner Farneyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Scotland via Ireland
    Posts
    3,734

    Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli View Post
    I would love to go there as well, I also have a friend in Ayr that I can meet! Do you play there?
    Yeah. Prestwick St. Nicholas
    https://www.prestwickstnicholas.com/

    I'm off work now until 16th Aug so of it's after that it would need to be a weekend or early evening. Keep me posted of the dates once you decide and take it from there.

  10. #30
    Assistant Pro makaveli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    162

    Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Farneyman View Post
    Yeah. Prestwick St. Nicholas
    https://www.prestwickstnicholas.com/

    I'm off work now until 16th Aug so of it's after that it would need to be a weekend or early evening. Keep me posted of the dates once you decide and take it from there.
    Perfect thank you!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Luiten beats Wood to win Oman Open as Southgate fades

Joost Luiten of the Netherlands won the inaugural NBO Oman Open by two shots from England’s Chris Wood. It was Luiten’s sixth European Tour title.

February 18, 2018

16 Of The Coolest Back Garden Golf Setups

Want to be able to hone your game in the comfort of your own back garden? Here are some incredible back garden golf setups...

February 16, 2018

Current Tour Player Caddie Partnerships

Who do the world's best currently have on their bags?

February 16, 2018

Tiger Woods What’s In The Bag?

The 14-time major winner makes his second start of 2018 this week at Riviera, take a look at the equipment he's using

February 16, 2018

10 Tour Pro Ball Striking Tips

Need help with your ball striking? Check out these superb tips from 10 of the world's best players

February 15, 2018