Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

Hello guys, I may have a week off between August and September, I have asked my usual friends to join but they are all at work, so I was thinking going alone and playing with random people of even organizing games with some of you guys from the forum.

What do you think, would that be worth it? logistically and economically speaking it would me more expensive than sharing fixed expenses (car, hotel...) but maybe it would end up being a great trip!

Thanks for the answers
    iMak

Re: Solo trip to Scotland, info and opinions

Go for it! I'm sure the Scottish lads will look after you

Journeyman Pro

Do it!

I dream of such a trip.
    Handicap: 12

Thanks for the support guys!!

Absolutely. I haven't gone to Scotland yet (well, not to play golf, anyway, I travelled there a few times in the past), but did trips like this to England twice and it was a lot of fun both times. I played a few courses on my own (which I don't mind, I kind of like playing on my own), but also hooked up with some forum members and of course also just random people I met on the course and it was always a fantastic experience.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Depending on when you're here, and where you want to go, I'm sure we could rustle up a few games for you, maybe even a wee forum meet...?
    Some clubs
    Some baws
    Hunners of broken tees
    and a Snickers that was best before Oct 2011

www.wlgc.co.uk

Some of you guys are members in some courses around Edi? I was thinking about playing links but I can consider some parkland gems even though in Italy we have basically only parklands. I have already played some usual suspects (Carnoustie, Dornoch, Kingsbarns, Castle Stuart, Lundin, Leven, Dunbar), but I am missing a lot of others! Also PM if you like

I was also thinking about going on the Old Course at 3am to try to get a spot, even if I don't get one I think the stories from the people you meet during the night on the 1st tee hoping for a tee time are priceless!

Depending on dates could possibly host you at mine.
    www.scotscraiggolfclub.com

Hcp :- Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by mcbroon View Post
    Depending on when you're here, and where you want to go, I'm sure we could rustle up a few games for you, maybe even a wee forum meet...?
    Dave - A day oot at West Linton sounds just the job...

iMac - When you know your dates, I'm sure we can sort some games out.

Ian
    North Berwick Golf Club - Handicap 10.6

Each of my trips to Scotland have been solo ones - just plan your routes, hotels, courses intended etc. Just be prepared to tee off early to get ahead of any roll-ups, contact the clubs beforehand etc. And definitely do a 4am at the Old Course. I've got some friends all over the world I met doing that and wound up playing with.

The best trip I did included five rounds at St.Andrews, Carnoustie Burnside, Machrahanish, Mach Dunes, Turnberry Kintyre and Southerness. 10 rounds in 5 days - entire cost including hotels, green fees, food and fuel was under £1,000.