Q-School Graduate

Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury

Anybody played here recently? What's it like and what facilities are on site? Got a round there tomorrow...

Re: Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury

I'm a new member at Puckrup, so I'm a bit biased.

It's a gently rolling parkland course. There's a decent variety of holes. For example, the 2nd is a short par 3 (150 off the whites with some well placed trees protecting the green), and then the 3rd is a 486 par 4 (and doesn't have a huge elevation change to help). The 5th is a good par 5 with lots of water for the drive, and then more at the green. And then the course finishes with a 200 yard par 3 with bunkers front, left and right, and OOB behind (mega chuffed with myself on Sunday - hit a perfect 7 wood).

The course doesn't have a driving range. There is a short game area and a putting green, and a couple of nets for warming up your full swing.

I think the course is in decent nick at the moment. Some of the bunkers are still a bit dodgy. There's an ongoing improvement program in progress but not all the bunkers have been refurb'ed yet.

As far as drinks and things go, Puckrup is a Hilton Hotel, so don't expect a cheap beer afterwards.
    Club - Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury

Handicap - 26.0

I haven't played the course but I have stayed in the hotel and it's OK. Not the best Hilton in the world but middle-of-the-road. There is a separate bar for the golfers though and I didn't have a drink in there. There is a gym with a small pool and the running machines overlook the 18th green so at least you can have a laugh at bad putting while you're running.

Only played there once and over 25 years ago.

Bought a new pack of three balls in the pro shop. From the first tee sliced the first into the car park, hooked the second into a pond hit the third straight but too far as it was a dogleg to the left, and lost that one too! Half way up the first and three new shineys all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by GG26 View Post

Bought a new pack of three balls in the pro shop. From the first tee sliced the first into the car park, hooked the second into a pond hit the third straight but too far as it was a dogleg to the left, and lost that one too! Half way up the first and three new shineys all gone.
    I promise that won't happen if you played it again now. That hole is now the 17th
    Club - Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury

Handicap - 26.0

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by GG26 View Post

I hope I end up better off than this tomorrow!
    In the bag:

Nike VRS Covert Driver
    Nike Vapor 3 Wood
    Nike Vapor Hybrid #4
    Nike VRS Irons 5-AW
    Nike SV Tour Wedges: 56˙
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #1
    Srixon AD333 Balls