Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant Pro

Competition Prize split.

Just wondering how everyone else's club do this? found out the exact split for ours today. So the club skim 30% of all money straight away. Then the remaining 70% is split 50%, 30% 20% between the top 3 places. But only up to a maximum of 50 for first place. We have been told that this is the maximum we can earn as an amateur but not sure of the veracity of that statement. everything else goes to the club. I think that money put back into the club is used for the end of year presentation evening and for the engraving on the board comps and to provide team uniforms for the various club teams. Is this a normal way of doing things? The 50 limit seems a bit rubbish if there are a lot of entrants into a competition but like I said not sure if this is a standard thing at golf clubs?

Cheers

Re: Competition Prize split.

Our is just 25/15/10 for each of the 3 divisions in the medal

Other comps we do as one comp not divisions, usually pay out as above or 20/10 to each in pairs comps

Everything else goes into the pot to pay for handicapping software, updating boards, trophies and engraving for presentation evening.

Not about the money is it?
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Assistant Pro

nah it's not about the money, I think I was more intrigued by the 50 limit as an amateur as we've had some big competitions where there would have been a lot of prize money in the pot and it was limited to 50. Not talking about board comps here just your run of the mill monthly SF comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Senseicads View Post
    nah it's not about the money, I think I was more intrigued by the 50 limit as an amateur as we've had some big competitions where there would have been a lot of prize money in the pot and it was limited to 50. Not talking about board comps here just your run of the mill monthly SF comps.
    yeah the fifty quid limit is definitely not true, can win upto 500 as an amateur

http://www.randa.org/Amateur-Status/...2-Prize-Limits
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

60% of Comp takings go on prizes, 40% to Captain for end of season prize giving, team matches etc.
    Bigger the field, the bigger the prize, I believe 50.00 limit is for cash prizes only for amatuers, we don't get cash, only vouchers.

All our prize funds are paid out in vouchers to be used in the shop

That way you don't have to worry about prize limits

Assistant Pro

Yeah we only get vouchers in the pro shop too.

i'd be interested to find out what the split is.

I won an open a couple of years ago that had over 250 entrants all paying 20 an i only got 90 for winning my mate got 3rd and got 30
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    i'd be interested to find out what the split is.

I won an open a couple of years ago that had over 250 entrants all paying 20 an i only got 90 for winning my mate got 3rd and got 30
    I won an open last year that had 260 entrants all paying 3 and 2 into the 2's pot. Only got 45. So that's 750 with 45 to the winner, pretty sure 2nd was 30 and 3rd was 20. So where is all the other money going?!
    H/C: 14.8 Carnalea Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Kuro Kage Stiff . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Assistant Pro

Not sure how it works in foreign countries like Scotland and N. Ireland etc but in England most opens have the prizes advertised up front ie. Voucher for 250 to the winner etc.

These stories above about opens costing 3 etc (where the hell are they?!?!?) and keeping the money sound a bit wrong IMHO