Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

#questfortheopen

Well, it's open qualifying day again...

This year both Rick Shiels and Peter Finch are playing, they haven't pushed this as much as last year and after Rick result (82 I think ) then maybe the added pressure didn't help.

Be interested to see if the other YouTube celebs did this as well, what would they score ?

Good luck to both ..

Re: #questfortheopen

Be amazed if either of them get through. Their last practice round at West Lancs under no pressure and they couldn't break par. More of a marketing ploy for their Youtube channels than a serious golfing pursuit.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 5-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

I see that some of the other youtubers are, Andy Carter is and Matt Fryer too. Out of the lot of them I think that only Andy might have a chance, he always seem to play quite well.

I see on twitter that a few people have put some bets on Rick and Peter, with someone putting a £20 on each of them to win the qualifying. Waste of money IMO.
    In the Bag:

Titleist 910 D3 9.5 degree Grafalloy blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana 'ilima 71 shaft
    Callaway X Hot pro hybrid 16 degree
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125
    Nike VR S400 56/10
    Odyssey versa #7 BWB

Handicap - 19.5

http://www.mintogolf.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan615 View Post
    Well, it's open qualifying day again...

This year both Rick Shiels and Peter Finch are playing, they haven't pushed this as much as last year and after Rick result (82 I think ) then maybe the added pressure didn't help.

Be interested to see if the other YouTube celebs did this as well, what would they score ?

Good luck to both ..
    i think it's just qualifying for qualifying today.

Money List Winner

There's no hiding at west lancs and it'll be tough out there today, there's a bit of wind where I am and I'm 15mins away, it'll be a lot stronger up the coast.

I'll be keeping an eye on the scores as our pro, assistant and two others are playing in it today.

Last year Rick had a spectator who was following updating Rick's Twitter feed with how he was playing. I hope he does the same this time!
    Follow me on Twitter: @dufferman

Andy did very well there last year, he had the clubhouse lead for quite some time and ended up second, if I remember correctly. He proceeded to final qualifying (and didn't do too welll in that). So he knows the course well and it seems to suit his game.

I think Pete and Rick both have a chance if they can keep calm. Matt Fryer isn't playing (even though he is probably the best player of the lot, when it comes to competitions), he is caddying for Rick.

I had hoped there would be a live leaderboard online (ther was one last year), but it does not seem to be the case, so we can only hope for tweets and updates from the fans who are there.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

He will probably NR after 5 holes, stating it was to much bother for him to complete fully.

Quote Originally Posted by tugglesf239 View Post
    He will probably NR after 5 holes, stating it was to much bother for him to complete fully.
    Which one of them are you talking about? I've been following Rick, Pete and Andy for quite some time now and have met all three of them personally. And I've never seen anyone of them draw out of a comp because they did badly. They always battled it through. I think Andy pulled out once because he had hit a tree root and hurt his wrist.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Okay, looks like there is some form of live leaderboard after all (no idea how "live" it is going to be, though ... probably updated after 9 holes, or only as they come in I guess)

http://www.theopen.com/Qualification...tLancashire#!/