Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Pack

Welcome Pack

I know there was a thread on here a few months ago about welcome packs for new members but I can't find it. Anyway, when I joined my new club the introduction and information given was non existent so now that I have joined the men's committee I want to try and introduce a basic welcome and information sheet. Plenty on here are at clubs that do this so I would like your help please. The things that spring to mind are as follows:

Noticeboard location
    Club Website
    How to book tee times
    How to book a competition time
    How to enter on the day
    How Did I Do
    How to find upcoming competitions
    Friendly matches inc sweeps etc
    Details on the practice area
    How to buy range balls
    Bar hours
    Catering hours
    Key club officials

Anything I have missed that springs to mind? We no longer have a pro shop so we can not give a pitch repairer, ball marker etc that I know some clubs give out.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Re: Welcome Pack

If you have code locks (like on toilets, changing rooms, caddie room etc.) you should include the codes for that. Also emergency telephone numbers (club office, pro shop, bar). Information on dress code, local rules and etiquette (like where to put the bloody bunker rake and where not to change your shoes) if those exist. Do you have a local pro? In that case information about that, including contact details, would also be good.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Oh, and maybe you can give out a small rule book? They can be ordered via randa to hand out/lay out at your club, I don't know how much they charge for those, though.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Bag tag with your name
    Club diary with all competitions
    Details of any reciprocal arrangements and how to use them
    Details of how to obtain a handicap (for new members)
    Which members to avoid playing with at all costs
    Ping G25, Mizuno MP60 - 2 iron, Mizuno MX-23 3-PW, Mizuno TP 9 SW, Odyssey No.7
    H'Cap 2015 - 9.2, 9.0, 8.7
    Member: www.pyecombegolfclub.com
    Formerly: snaphookwedge

Q-School Graduate

We have both a Club Rules and Regulations book and a Rules /Handbook for the Course, Comps, Range Times, Local Rules and similar so our welcome pack just has to point out where to find them.

All key club officials have there photos on the notice board (still amazing that some members cannot recognize or name the Current Captain some years).

All our noticeboards are really obvious but there is a very large percentage of the members who do not read them, including the Board specially used for Temporary Local Rules.

Assistant Pro

Information on how to book their mates or visitors up for a round to show off the new course they have joined.
    Handicap 2017: 24.0 > 17.4

Lockers/Changing rooms if you have them. What time they close, how to get a locker key (costs etc.)
    H/C: 14.8 Carnalea Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Kuro Kage Stiff . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

When I joined my club pretty much everything in the OP was covered at my interview ( yes THAT interview that people seem to have an issue with but which clearly had it's uses!)

Do you have an interview process at your club LT?

When I joined my club I just went down there and met the club secretary, he told me all of that information face to face. Showed me around the place, told me what sort of competitions they have on, told me about their website where the fixtures are, and Howdidido as well. He pretty much covered everything in half an hour.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

Quote Originally Posted by jim8flog View Post
    We have both a Club Rules and Regulations book and a Rules /Handbook for the Course, Comps, Range Times, Local Rules and similar so our welcome pack just has to point out where to find them. .......
    Not being picky (well maybe a bit) but the phrases 'Welcome Pack' and 'Club Rules & Regulations' seem to be a little conflicting

i.e getting a sheet of rules & regs when you first join might not be the most welcoming experience

(I don't doubt having the club regs is important, just highlighting that it might not be the best way to issue them)