Head Pro

Hayfever! Any remedies?

Hi All,

I suffer terrible hayfever! I do the lot, tablets, eye drops, nose spray etc

But this weekend on the golf course was just unbearable! On Sunday I had to walk off after 7 holes! I couldnt concentrate, felt fatigued and couldn't stop sneezing!

Any body got any other remedies I can try?
    2017 Handicap monthly progress - Apr 8.9 May 9.5 June 7.3 July 7.0 Aug 6.1 Sept 6.7

Re: Hayfever! Any remedies?

Quote Originally Posted by lukeysafc100 View Post
    Hi All,

I suffer terrible hayfever! I do the lot, tablets, eye drops, nose spray etc

But this weekend on the golf course was just unbearable! On Sunday I had to walk off after 7 holes! I couldnt concentrate, felt fatigued and couldn't stop sneezing!

Any body got any other remedies I can try?

Get prescribed stronger stuff from your GP, I have had a course of desensitising injections for it a few years ago and also have since then been using Fexofenadine rather than what goes in the over the counter stuff.

Wear sunglasses as well, helps stop it getting in the eyes
    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

I'm the same, get it terribly bad. This weekend has been the worst of the year with pollen levels being set at very high and its to continue.

I've been using one of the tablets this year which has been working OK but this weekend it has had no affect what so ever. Going to have to look into something stronger as it literally shut me down this weekend and has me looking like ive been stung in the face by a number of bees
    H/C: 14.8 Carnalea Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Kuro Kage Stiff . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Head Pro

I've read into the injections - meant to work well. I've a GP appointment this week so i'll have a chat.

its awful - because there's nothing you can do - all my sports are on grass as well. Makes you feel really fatigued as well. Awful!

Being 27 now I can resist the eye rubbing to degree and sun glasses are now a constant thing in the summer months.

Coffey - I know how you feel - its awful because you can enjoy the nice weather - instead lock yourself in a darken room like a vampire.
    2017 Handicap monthly progress - Apr 8.9 May 9.5 June 7.3 July 7.0 Aug 6.1 Sept 6.7

Another thing to consider is to shower at night rather than or in addition to the morning and wash your pillowcases every couple of days.
    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

Head Pro

There's a steroid jab called Kenalog that works like a miracle
    But some GP's are hesitant to prescribe it, or at least used to be

When I get to a asthmatic state I go for that.
    Hayfever is like double Bogeys and missed 2 footers - the Devils work.
    Vardon: "Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty."