Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Another incident in London

    I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately I've never been in that position and I hope I never will be. [Edit : I see you've edited your post]

    However, if I were, I'm sure I'd have extremely dark thoughts about anyone responsible. I am equally certain I would not transpose those dark thoughts on to all other people of the same race / religion, as I am sure you did not and would not either.

    I wouldn't share your sense of understanding for someone attacking an unrelated group of innocent people, I could understand their anger and grief, but not attacking completely innocent people.

    In any case, this is going down a worm hole of irrelevance.

    The facts are simple; someone has attacked a group of innocent people with the intention of causing death, injury, distress and fear.

    Let's not get embroiled in a debate about what it is or is not.
    Last edited by Canary_Yellow; 19-Jun-2017 at 06:57.

  2. #22
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,805

    Re: Another incident in London

    Are we going to only let the people who did this and their fellow citizens have temporary passports and deport them and their families back to where they came from if they commit any crimes?

  3. #23
    Grand Slam Winner Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    20,317

    Re: Another incident in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Are we going to only let the people who did this and their fellow citizens have temporary passports and deport them and their families back to where they came from if they commit any crimes?
    You really are a tosspot at times, aren't you!

  4. #24
    Ryder Cup Winner pauldj42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seaham
    Posts
    13,626

    Re: Another incident in London

    Thoughts and prayers to the one that's died, the injured and their families, RIP.

  5. #25
    Money List Winner Papas1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,097

    Re: Another incident in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary_Yellow View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately I've never been in that position and I hope I never will be. [Edit : I see you've edited your post]

    However, if I were, I'm sure I'd have extremely dark thoughts about anyone responsible. I am equally certain I would not transpose those dark thoughts on to all other people of the same race / religion, as I am sure you did not and would not either.

    I wouldn't share your sense of understanding for someone attacking an unrelated group of innocent people, I could understand their anger and grief, but not attacking completely innocent people.

    In any case, this is going down a worm hole of irrelevance.

    The facts are simple; someone has attacked a group of innocent people with the intention of causing death, injury, distress and fear.

    Let's not get embroiled in a debate about what it is or is not.
    Yeah I edited it as didn't wanna go off track.

    I fully agree that whatever has happened to the people previously it doesn't give them free pass to attack innocent people.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39,143

    Re: Another incident in London

    The difference between how it's reported and how people react just says it all

    Daily Mail on Twitter - headline , white clean shaven man ploughs into pedestrians- no mention of terrorism yet when it happen last week the headlines were straight for terrorism

    The EDL Guy - Robinson ? Only an hour ago announcing that the Finsbury Park Mosque created Jihadist Terrorists.

    The reaction between the two incidents from some areas is clearly different

    It's an attack on British People against British Values yet some will seen it differently

  7. #27
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,703

    Re: Another incident in London

    I fear we may be in for a summer of discontent😟

  8. #28
    Journeyman Pro Bunkermagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: Another incident in London

    Feel very sorry for those injured or killed, however I am surprised it's taken this long for a lunatic to copy cat the extremists.

    I despair at how certain groups are depicted in the media or those with a political or auterior motive, but sadly I doubt things will ever improve.
    Forever trying.

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39,143

    Re: Another incident in London

    There appears to be a different reaction to this incident - I haven't seen any demands of deportation or death penalty etc aimed towards the terrorist in this case ? The Daily Mail media appear to also be treating him differently as well

  10. #30
    Money List Winner Papas1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,097

    Re: Another incident in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    There appears to be a different reaction to this incident - I haven't seen any demands of deportation or death penalty etc aimed towards the terrorist in this case ? The Daily Mail media appear to also be treating him differently as well
    Happens on from both sides though.

    Saw the same arguement on Facebook over a Diane Abott collections of tweets. Apparently during the first London and Manchester attacks she simply commented on horrific incidents.

    then after Finsbury it was TERRORISTS ###

    newspapers and politicians will always discuss and describe events how best suits them. Not the public.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Sunday Trading: Huge Savings On Golf Shoes!

In the market for a new pair of golf shoes? You're in the right place!

June 24, 2018

54 Common Golf Questions You Asked Google… Answered

Here we take a look at some of the most common golf questions asked on Google using their auto-correct system

June 22, 2018

Greg Norman Poses Nude For ESPN Body Issue

The Great White Shark has got his kit off for ESPN's Body Issue

June 22, 2018

What Tour Players Splash Their Cash On

With millions in the bank, what do pro golfers spend their money on?

June 21, 2018

Play in the BMW Golf Cup International at Woburn

Golf Monthly readers are being offered the exclusive opportunity to play in the Regional Final for the BMW Golf Cup International over the superb Marquess Course at Woburn with a chance to go on and compete in the National and World Finals in St Andrews and Mexico.

June 21, 2018