Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tour Rookie

Re: Another incident in London

I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately I've never been in that position and I hope I never will be. [Edit : I see you've edited your post]

However, if I were, I'm sure I'd have extremely dark thoughts about anyone responsible. I am equally certain I would not transpose those dark thoughts on to all other people of the same race / religion, as I am sure you did not and would not either.

I wouldn't share your sense of understanding for someone attacking an unrelated group of innocent people, I could understand their anger and grief, but not attacking completely innocent people.

In any case, this is going down a worm hole of irrelevance.

The facts are simple; someone has attacked a group of innocent people with the intention of causing death, injury, distress and fear.

Let's not get embroiled in a debate about what it is or is not.
    Last edited by Canary_Yellow; 19-Jun-2017 at 06:57.

Money List Winner

Are we going to only let the people who did this and their fellow citizens have temporary passports and deport them and their families back to where they came from if they commit any crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Are we going to only let the people who did this and their fellow citizens have temporary passports and deport them and their families back to where they came from if they commit any crimes?
    You really are a tosspot at times, aren't you!

Thoughts and prayers to the one that's died, the injured and their families, RIP.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Canary_Yellow View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately I've never been in that position and I hope I never will be. [Edit : I see you've edited your post]

However, if I were, I'm sure I'd have extremely dark thoughts about anyone responsible. I am equally certain I would not transpose those dark thoughts on to all other people of the same race / religion, as I am sure you did not and would not either.

I wouldn't share your sense of understanding for someone attacking an unrelated group of innocent people, I could understand their anger and grief, but not attacking completely innocent people.

In any case, this is going down a worm hole of irrelevance.

The facts are simple; someone has attacked a group of innocent people with the intention of causing death, injury, distress and fear.

Let's not get embroiled in a debate about what it is or is not.
    Yeah I edited it as didn't wanna go off track.

I fully agree that whatever has happened to the people previously it doesn't give them free pass to attack innocent people.
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

The difference between how it's reported and how people react just says it all

Daily Mail on Twitter - headline , white clean shaven man ploughs into pedestrians- no mention of terrorism yet when it happen last week the headlines were straight for terrorism

The EDL Guy - Robinson ? Only an hour ago announcing that the Finsbury Park Mosque created Jihadist Terrorists.

The reaction between the two incidents from some areas is clearly different

It's an attack on British People against British Values yet some will seen it differently

Money List Winner

I fear we may be in for a summer of discontent😟

Feel very sorry for those injured or killed, however I am surprised it's taken this long for a lunatic to copy cat the extremists.

I despair at how certain groups are depicted in the media or those with a political or auterior motive, but sadly I doubt things will ever improve.
    Forever trying.

There appears to be a different reaction to this incident - I haven't seen any demands of deportation or death penalty etc aimed towards the terrorist in this case ? The Daily Mail media appear to also be treating him differently as well

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    There appears to be a different reaction to this incident - I haven't seen any demands of deportation or death penalty etc aimed towards the terrorist in this case ? The Daily Mail media appear to also be treating him differently as well
    Happens on from both sides though.

Saw the same arguement on Facebook over a Diane Abott collections of tweets. Apparently during the first London and Manchester attacks she simply commented on horrific incidents.

then after Finsbury it was TERRORISTS ###

newspapers and politicians will always discuss and describe events how best suits them. Not the public.
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0