Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Another incident in London

A van ploughed into people leaving a mosque apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...e=news_central
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 19-Jun-2017 at 00:42.

Re: Another incident in London

Just seen it on CNN, an anti Muslim attack by the sounds of it.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Just seen it on CNN, an anti Muslim attack by the sounds of it.
    Currently being investigated by anti terror units apparently.

Not sure what they'll find. Doubt he's part of a cell. Likely a disgruntled idiot who has deiced to take revenge for recent events.
    Last edited by Papas1982; 19-Jun-2017 at 04:40.
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Reverse copycat, obviously needs to be treated as a terrorist incident as allegedly 3 'white' men driving a van ploughed into worshippers as they left prayers at a mosque in Finsbury Park.

Crowds being interviewed immediately after calling for it to described as an act of extreme Islamaphobia and not to have it watered down to a drink driver or someone on meds etc.

1 man caught who was held until police arrived and was lucky not to be beaten badly whilst being held which some were baying for blood apparently but 2 of the other men ran off and escaped.

1 announced dead currently but up to 8 seriously injured also.

I'm actually not surprised by this tbh and I'm surprised it hadn't happened earlier, I'm sure lots of isolated attacks do happen but we've got as many white nutters as there are Muslim extremists so this has been on the cards for a while unfortunately and will only feed the young on the fence Muslim men to join and follow extremist views more.

The Muslim Council of Britain and police need to calm the communities down or I can see mass unrest breaking out with gangs and rallies turning into riots.

All these murderers have done here is feed the problem more with this act but if we try to water it down away from a terror act it will only create greater divide and more unrest.

Last edited by Fish; 19-Jun-2017 at 04:54.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Reverse copycat, obviously needs to be treated as a terrorist incident as allegedly 3 'white' men driving a van ploughed into worshippers as they left prayers at a mosque in Finsbury Park.

Crowds being interviewed immediately after calling for it to described as an act of extreme Islamaphobia and not to have it watered down to a drink driver or someone on meds etc.

1 man caught who was held until police arrived and was lucky not to be beaten badly whilst being held which some were baying for blood apparently but 2 of the other men ran off and escaped.

1 announced dead currently but up to 8 seriously injured also.

I'm actually not surprised by this tbh and I'm surprised it hadn't happened earlier, I'm sure lots of isolated attacks do happen but we've got as many white nutters as there are Muslim extremists so this has been on the cards for a while unfortunately and will only feed the young on the fence Muslim men to join and follow extremist views more.

The Muslim Council of Britain and police need to calm the communities down or I can see mass unrest breaking out with gangs and rallies turning into riots.

All these murderers have done here is feed the problem more with this act but if we try to water it down away from a terror act it will only create greater divide and more unrest.
    Do we really have as many organised white nutters as terrorist cells?

There is no excuse for what these men have done. But I've not heard of such an attack (on muslims using vehicle) before so it looks like simple copycat/revenge. Not some group of Islamophobs who have organised it and have a specific hate campaign.

I fear it's a cycle that won't end. If there is another attack due to this one then i'm sure more incidents of revenge will occur and so on and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    Do we really have as many organised white nutters as terrorist cells?

There is no excuse for what these men have done. But I've not heard of such an attack (on muslims using vehicle) before so it looks like simple copycat/revenge. Not some group of Islamophobs who have organised it and have a specific hate campaign.

I fear it's a cycle that won't end. If there is another attack due to this one then i'm sure more incidents of revenge will occur and so on and so on.

it's obviously targeted at the people leaving a mosque and is a reaction to the recent incidents in the country so their not part of a cell as such or have done it in the name of any religion or faith, it's an act of retaliation murder but not sure the Muslim community will accept that view

Money List Winner

it's obviously targeted at the people leaving a mosque and is a reaction to the recent incidents in the country so their not part of a cell as such or have done it in the name of any religion or faith, it's an act of retaliation murder but not sure the Muslim community will accept that view
    I agree. It's racially motivated murder. Not sure that's necessarily terrorism. But will be tagged as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    I agree. It's racially motivated murder. Not sure that's necessarily terrorism. But will be tagged as such.
    The word terrorism is simply to cause terror, which it did, but that is usually coupled with it being done in the name of something, this won't be and is simply a deliberate act of murder in retaliation of recent events but its being called an act of terrorism to appease the Muslim community, is that a correct call, I'm not sure, yes call it islamaphobia but not terrorism for me.

Money List Winner

The word terrorism is simply to cause terror, which it did, but that is usually coupled with it being done in the name of something, this won't be and is simply a deliberate act of murder in retaliation of recent events but its being called an act of terrorism to appease the Muslim community, is that a correct call, I'm not sure, yes call it islamaphobia but not terrorism for me.
    I agree. I guess they can call it suspected terrorism whilst they investigate the culprit. But if nothing is found to have him shown as a fanatic. Then he should be refereed to as a murder, because as you've pointed out. His intent was murder, no other hidden agenda.

Head Pro

It's terrorism pure and simple. Only intention was not to murder, but, to kill as many Muslims as possible and have no doubt that his/their intention was to terrorise not just the people he killed/injured but any and all muslims both on that day and in days to come. I have no doubt that if I were a Muslim I would be scared/frightened when attending my place of worship. His motives and intention is a lot closer to those of other terrorists than we care to believe. White supremacy statements where shouted.

Terrorism should never be narrowly interpreted. If it terrorises a section of our community then that's what it is.