Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tour Winner

Re: Paul Casey, is he too negative?

In my experience he's articulate polite and was happy to give time to others.

But that would seem to not fit with the narrative of some on here.

FWIW I had a similar experience a couple of times with Nick Faldo but again that wouldn't fit with the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMickie View Post
    In my experience he's articulate polite and was happy to give time to others.

But that would seem to not fit with the narrative of some on here.

FWIW I had a similar experience a couple of times with Nick Faldo but again that wouldn't fit with the haters.
    We tend to make snap decisions on well known people based on a brief encounter. I think Robert Rock is great because at one tournament he smiled at me and asked how my day was going. Every other golfer had blanked the spectators all day but he showed a human side. He could be horrible, don't think so from what I have heard, but from my 5 second encounter I follow his results. Irrational. Equally a negative encounter or perceived slight has the opposite effect.

Casey often seems to get a bad press but it is good to hear some positives on here as well.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Quote Originally Posted by corrupthalo View Post
    Would have him in the Ryder Cup team in a heartbeat
    And there is the case in point. His choices meant that he wasn't (and isn't) eligible to play.
    • Gog Magog Golf Club Member
    • Woodford Golf Club Member
    • TaylorMade M1 Driver, 9 stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 3 Wood, 14 stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 5 Wood, 19 stiff
    • Mizuno MP59 4-PW, Project X 6.0
    • Vokey SM5 wedges (52, 55, 60)
    • TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
    • Titleist Pro V1 ball

I like Casey but he does seem to slip away when in contention to many times, would not surprise me if he won a major at some point.

Dont get some of the harsh words that some on hear post that have never met the guy.

Assistant Pro

Mr Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Yant View Post
    An arrogant, unfriendly, self obsessed person. Nothing to like other than how he plays golf.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Absolutely agree, total knob!
    Followed him and Darren Clark in a pro-am several years ago. Overheard a comment he made to Clark re amateurs... he's off my Christmas list, not that he's bothered about plebs.
    Give it big humpties

I love this, Casey's in the last 30 in the Fed Ex cup playing with the best in the world. I would love to be Mr Thursday, an arrogant knob playing at that level. Move along.
    Practice, you only get out what you put in, but I'm having second thoughts. In my bag this week Callaway driver, 3 and 5 wood. Titleist 909 21 degree utility, Titleist 909 19 degree utility with TM Vsteel 5 wood shaft, Srixon Z 745/945 irons Nippon shafts, Vokey 200 series wedges 50 and 58. Odyssey works cruiser putter, Prov1x, HC 5.
    www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
    www.dunbar-golfclub.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    We tend to make snap decisions on well known people based on a brief encounter. I think Robert Rock is great because at one tournament he smiled at me and asked how my day was going. Every other golfer had blanked the spectators all day but he showed a human side. He could be horrible, don't think so from what I have heard, but from my 5 second encounter I follow his results. Irrational. Equally a negative encounter or perceived slight has the opposite effect.

Casey often seems to get a bad press but it is good to hear some positives on here as well.
    Met him a few times and he has always come across as a pretty decent bloke. Granted, they've only been fleeting encounters.

As for the snap decisions bit, did see Patrick Reed on practise day at The Open this year. What a change in perception I have of him. From what I'd heard and read I had the impression he was a brash and abrasive typical yank. In reality he was nice, down to earth and was brilliant with my baby daughter. Signed a few things for us, stopped and chatted for about a minute (doesn't sound long but seemed like much longer as it was in between holes). Then when he passed us on the next hole he stopped in the fairway, saw who it was and waved at us shouting my daughters name. Simple touch that made her laugh and made me a new Patrick Reed fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yant View Post
    And there is the case in point. His choices meant that he wasn't (and isn't) eligible to play.

Think that there's still a bit of resentment that he wasn't picked for 2010 even though he was 9th in the word at the time. I can kind of see it his way though, for some the Ryder Cup is not the be all and end all of golf and there are other things he may want to focus on instead.
    Hit a little white ball round a field into a small hole. Repeat.

Current Handicap: 12 2016 Target: Lower than 12

Is he too negative?
    Possibly, not sure

He is smug though
    Defintely smug

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo21 View Post
    I love this, Casey's in the last 30 in the Fed Ex cup playing with the best in the world. I would love to be Mr Thursday, an arrogant knob playing at that level. Move along.
    ... The moderator formally known as Gareth

Callaway Woods. Some Cleveland Forged Bits and Bobs and a Lovely Edel Putter.

Tastefully wrapped in Iliac and Scott Readman Concepts Headcovers

2016 Handicap - 13.6>13.1>13.1>11.8> Clause 23 adjustment > 10.8 >10.9>10.9>11.0