Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63
  1. #1
    Money List Winner Papas1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,921

    Sunningdale Curry

    As we get a little closer.

    Thought i'd gauge how any people may be coming down early and fancy a curry the evening beforehand.

    Usually our good friend Robin is on top of this, but as he may not be attending (boo/cheer accordingly ).

    I thought i'd get the ball rolling.

    Will have a little look for a venue if there is interested.

    So anyone travelling down or living local. Just put your name and where you'll be on the wednesday and ill find somewhere suitable.

    Papas1982 Bagshot
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop 20in the pot.

  2. #2
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    13,934

    Re: Sunningdale Curry

    Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    As we get a little closer.

    Thought i'd gauge how any people may be coming down early and fancy a curry the evening beforehand.

    Usually our good friend Robin is on top of this, but as he may not be attending (boo/cheer accordingly ).

    I thought i'd get the ball rolling.

    Will have a little look for a venue if there is interested.

    So anyone travelling down or living local. Just put your name and where you'll be on the wednesday and ill find somewhere suitable.

    Papas1982 Bagshot
    Me and the missus were gonna go home and have some tea (dinner to you) before leaving about 6.30 to get there for about 10.

    However, if it also suits who I'm coming down with may leave earlier and jump on this. We're staying in Woking though.

    Good lad for sticking your head above the parapet.

  3. #3
    Money List Winner Papas1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,921

    Re: Sunningdale Curry

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Me and the missus were gonna go home and have some tea (dinner to you) before leaving about 6.30 to get there for about 10.

    However, if it also suits who I'm coming down with may leave earlier and jump on this. We're staying in Woking though.

    Good lad for sticking your head above the parapet.
    Funnily enough thats used by my old dear.

    Brekkie, lunch, tea and supper.

    Bagshot only 15mins away. I imagine woking will be the likely venue. Then i'll either drive or more likely, grab a cab back after.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop 20in the pot.

  4. #4
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastleigh, Hampshire
    Posts
    1,368

    Re: Sunningdale Curry

    Papas1982 - Bagshot
    Paperboy - Woking
    2017 year of the nomad.
    2012 - 16 Handicap 16.7, 15.0, 12.7, 12.6, 12.7
    Mizuno Woods, Hybrid & Irons
    Cleveland 588 RTX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58*
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 5 Putter
    http://www.royalwinchestergolfclub.com[/SIZE]

  5. #5
    Tour Winner Lincoln Quaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Woodhall Spa
    Posts
    4,491

    Re: Sunningdale Curry

    Around 8 of us will be in Woking.

    No idea on times yet but will sort in the next few days.
    10 hcp and rising.

  6. #6
    Challenge Tour Pro TheDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    693

    Re: Sunningdale Curry

    Woking has a very large Asian community so lots of good curry houses! If you're looking for a central one I'd recommend Jaipur. Will confirm nearer the time whether I can make it.

  7. #7
    Money List Winner Papas1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,921

    Re: Sunningdale Curry

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDiablo View Post
    Woking has a very large Asian community so lots of good curry houses! If you're looking for a central one I'd recommend Jaipur. Will confirm nearer the time whether I can make it.
    Personal recomendations always best!

    happily that was the place getting good reviews when I had a little look online. So will contact em nearer time if we get numbers.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop 20in the pot.

  8. #8
    Tour Winner Lincoln Quaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Woodhall Spa
    Posts
    4,491

    Re: Sunningdale Curry

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDiablo View Post
    Woking has a very large Asian community so lots of good curry houses! If you're looking for a central one I'd recommend Jaipur. Will confirm nearer the time whether I can make it.
    I am sure that's the one we went to when we had the H4H at West Hill a couple of years ago.

    I personally thought it was average.
    10 hcp and rising.

  9. #9
    Money List Winner Papas1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,921

    Re: Sunningdale Curry

    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    I am sure that's the one we went to when we had the H4H at West Hill a couple of years ago.

    I personally thought it was average.
    Oh dear. I fear I may have to go for a visit and try a few lol
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop 20in the pot.

  10. #10
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    19,979

    Re: Sunningdale Curry

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDiablo View Post
    Woking has a very large Asian community so lots of good curry houses! If you're looking for a central one I'd recommend Jaipur. Will confirm nearer the time whether I can make it.
    I think that's where we went for the H4H's curry I arranged, and it wasn't all that TBH.

    I'll look back at my emails and confirm.

    Edit: Yes it was the Jaipur. I remember booking it as it was right next door to the witherspoons, which they came in a couple of times and chased us

    Out of all the curry nights I've arranged for H4H's and been to on smaller meets, this was the least impressive so personally I'd look to another, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Fish; 19-Jun-2017 at 15:45.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

WATCH: Jimenez Hits Shocking Putt, Olazabal Laughs

You've got to laugh...

April 23, 2018

Take This Equipment Survey To Win A Custom Fit Set Of Irons

Take this equipment survey and you'll be entered into a prize draw to win a custom fit set of irons from a premium brand

April 23, 2018

Andrew Landry Wins Valero Texas Open

The American sealed his maiden PGA Tour title at TPC San Antonio

April 23, 2018

Alex Levy Wins Trophee Hassan II

The Frenchman strengthened his Ryder Cup bid with a one stroke victory in Morocco

April 23, 2018

Sunday Trading: Deals On Under Armour, Training Aids, Accessories And More!

Check out these great deals we've found this week...

April 22, 2018