Page 6 of 550 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast
    Money List Winner

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    You never quite know with a player via the Dutch leagues. Some are great, some are championship level. The Dutch league can flatter a player. Hopefully the homework has been done though and he is a player who can adapt to the PL. Incidentally, Klaassen is the Ajax captain, a team that made it to the Europa league final playing some very attractive football, and a Dutch international. He is clearly no muppet.

I like Barkley but if he doesn't want to stay then move him on for the best price we can get.
    Klassen looks a great player imo, but agree lots do coming from holland. I'd imagine Koeman has a fair idea in regards to his ability.

If you're offered the expected money for Barkley I'd sell in a heartbeat. Great player 10 times a season. Nothing special the rest imo. For all his fancy bits, as an attacking midfielder he doesn't produce enough goals/assists imo and is in danger of being a wilshere.
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    Klassen looks a great player imo, but agree lots do coming from holland. I'd imagine Koeman has a fair idea in regards to his ability.

If you're offered the expected money for Barkley I'd sell in a heartbeat. Great player 10 times a season. Nothing special the rest imo. For all his fancy bits, as an attacking midfielder he doesn't produce enough goals/assists imo and is in danger of being a wilshere.
    Didn't Barkley create the most chances of anyone in the league last year? There was some stat about him that really surprised me.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Didn't Barkley create the most chances of anyone in the league last year? There was some stat about him that really surprised me.
    He was 3rd behind Ericsson and De Bruyne, ahead of people like Hazard, Silva, Coutinho etc.

I think he has the ability to be superb, but he lacks consistencey and at times discipline, as seen in the derby at goodison, like others have said though, he's been offered a large pay increase and a 5yr contract, that tells me he's wanted, if he wants to go, go, just hope we get a good return on him if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    No idea who Klassen is but I'll be amazed if he is better than Barkley. Wouldn't mind seeing him at Liverpool - quality player
    You obviously don't follow Dutch football, so no surprise, Capt of Ajax, won 3 Dutch League titles, Dutch footballer of the year 2016 and has made 14 appearances for Holland.

Ronaldo looks available for someone after [allegedly] taking the hump at accusations of tax fraud. Same charges that Messi was brought up on.
    A bag full of Mizunos, a Bettinardi and hope. Lots and lots of hope..

www.pitreaviegolfclub.co.uk/

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    He was 3rd behind Ericsson and De Bruyne, ahead of people like Hazard, Silva, Coutinho etc.

I think he has the ability to be superb, but he lacks consistencey and at times discipline, as seen in the derby at goodison, like others have said though, he's been offered a large pay increase and a 5yr contract, that tells me he's wanted, if he wants to go, go, just hope we get a good return on him if he does.
    i thought the noise coming from koeman all last season was one of disappointment if I'm honest. The 5 year deal is probably about protecting his value as much as anything else.

i do agree he had great potential, but as a few pundits commented last year. Need to show it more as he's at an age where potential should be shown consistently.

i thought the noise coming from koeman all last season was one of disappointment if I'm honest. The 5 year deal is probably about protecting his value as much as anything else.

i do agree he had great potential, but as a few pundits commented last year. Need to show it more as he's at an age where potential should be shown consistently.
    Koeman has gone on record saying he wants to keep him, but it's down to Barkley, the offer is on the table.

But like Kellfire put, he's still out performing some of the best in the PL, is it once again we're guilty of over hyping a footballer when he's young?

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    Koeman has gone on record saying he wants to keep him, but it's down to Barkley, the offer is on the table.

But like Kellfire put, he's still out performing some of the best in the PL, is it once again we're guilty of over hyping a footballer when he's young?
    Id say you're right. I mean he was the next gazza/Rooney before he'd even played almost.

talented as I think he is. I don't see him and Ali in the team together for England. So he certainly needs a great season to secure a place on the intl stage.

How impressive is this from Ajax, especially considering they've lost their Captain.

https://twitter.com/afcajax/status/875462062570385409

Id say you're right. I mean he was the next gazza/Rooney before he'd even played almost.

talented as I think he is. I don't see him and Ali in the team together for England. So he certainly needs a great season to secure a place on the intl stage.
    Would write him off in Regards England - no England manager knows how to play someone like him - in Spain he would have flourished as a player , he should just be given a license to roam , forget about tracking back etc just go out and express himself but it just doesn't happen for England and in the Prem. He will be a wasted talent