Page 375 of 406 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 4052

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    Isn't that what the Arsenal board and Wenger were going on about when they moved to the Emirates? Bigger stadium, higher revenue, able to compete with the biggest clubs in Europe? You still need the owners to be prepared to invest that money in the team and also a manager willing to spend the available money.
    Yep, Arsenal did say that - the only difference is that they didnt spend the money they accumulated.

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    Isn't that what the Arsenal board and Wenger were going on about when they moved to the Emirates? Bigger stadium, higher revenue, able to compete with the biggest clubs in Europe? You still need the owners to be prepared to invest that money in the team and also a manager willing to spend the available money.
    Back in the day when the idea of a new stadium was first hatched I am sure it would have allowed Arsenal to compete favourably with traditional rivals. However Arsenal cannot be expected to ( nor should we want to) match financially Chelsea, City and Utd.

What makes me laugh is that Liverpool fans are now bitching about something that I have been banging on about for 10 years.

Suck it up and get on with it, Chelsea, United, City and their billions and insatiable appetite to win at any cost is a fact of life and isnít going away anytime soon.

Thatís why Wenger has done a better job than most will give him credit for in the past 12 seasons. Best of the rest for so many seasons, quite remarkable when you think about it.

And no I havenít been drinking....well not too many anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6mA6uA2-Rcw

Really looking forward to this.
    Yep, looks very good.

He was in the seat behind me last season when I think they filmed part of it, so keep your eye out for a gozzy-eyed, Liverbirdie in front of him (had my bins on).

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Back in the day when the idea of a new stadium was first hatched I am sure it would have allowed Arsenal to compete favourably with traditional rivals. However Arsenal cannot be expected to ( nor should we want to) match financially Chelsea, City and Utd.

What makes me laugh is that Liverpool fans are now bitching about something that I have been banging on about for 10 years.

Suck it up and get on with it, Chelsea, United, City and their billions and insatiable appetite to win at any cost is a fact of life and isnít going away anytime soon.

Thatís why Wenger has done a better job than most will give him credit for in the past 12 seasons. Best of the rest for so many seasons, quite remarkable when you think about it.

Nobody is bitching, weíre debating an issue that was caused by previous management at board level on not moving with the times when we had the finances and time to do what was needed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6mA6uA2-Rcw

Really looking forward to this.
    Not a Liverpool fan but this looks cracking and I'll watch it

No, wrong there - we were the original moaners when us and Chelsea were fighting out CL semi-finals year after year. Probably when youse were going out in the quarters.

We are actually moaning about our owners, if you read it properly.

You say you have been banging on about it, then say suck it up and get on with it - did it take you 10 years to realise that then?

If you look at Chelsea and Utd then they showed you the correct way to do it, City benefitted from the Commonwealth Games and rich Arabs, spend on players, get the success and the stadium improvements come secondary.

Surely you would of preferred to stay at Highbury, delay the Emirates, continue to win the PL and push on in the CL, making a new ground a priority has meant you losing out to those clubs that focussed on players first and winning major trophies.

If you look at Chelsea and Utd then they showed you the correct way to do it, City benefitted from the Commonwealth Games and rich Arabs, spend on players, get the success and the stadium improvements come secondary.

Surely you would of preferred to stay at Highbury, delay the Emirates, continue to win the PL and push on in the CL, making a new ground a priority has meant you losing out to those clubs that focussed on players first and winning major trophies.
    Are you kidding?

Staying at Highbury would have kept us even further behind.

10 years has not been wasted however, itís a small sacrifice to help put Arsenal into a better position long term.

Can we hope to compete with City and Chelsea financially? No, but we are a darned sight better off now than we were 12 years ago.

How have Liverpool faired in the PL in the past 25 years LB? Where money plays the biggest part of all? Needing a squad to get through 38 games? I think that tells you everything you need to know.

#makingupthenumbers

Are you kidding?

10 years has not been wasted however, itís a small sacrifice to help put Arsenal into a better position long term.

Can we hope to compete with City and Chelsea financially? No, but we are a darned sight better off now than we were 12 years ago.

How have Liverpool faired in the PL in the past 25 years LB? Where money plays the biggest part of all? Needing a squad to get through 38 games? I think that tells you everything you need to know.

#makingupthenumbers
    Are Arsenal also making up the numbers then?

Are you kidding?

#makingupthenumbers
    You keep mentioning the financial side, surely itís about trophies to fans, you donít get an open top bus for a balance sheet.

Youíve said you canít compete, how are you better off