Page 374 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474874 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 12380
  1. #3731
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,827

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    Don’t let Stuey see this

    Makes me wonder what was said to Klopp when he took over regarding funds for players, it would be a shame for you’s to lose him if they didn’t keep their word in the future.
    It's only what i've been critical of the owners for.

    They're managing their investment very well, winning trophies doesnt matter to them. It looks good in their portfolio when it comes to lending money to finance their other business's.

    We've got a boss new stand though and when they do the anny rd.........
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 10-Oct-2017 at 16:36.

  2. #3732
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    37,955

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Mane facing six weeks out according to the press. Not good for Liverpool.
    Internationals again 😡

    Seems like a load have been injured - Kante , Fellani as well

  3. #3733
    Tour Winner Kellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    York
    Posts
    3,434

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Internationals again 😡

    Seems like a load have been injured - Kante , Fellani as well
    Never thought I'd bemoan Fellaini being out but he's been fantastic since Pogba got injured. Just hope Herrera is up to the task this weekend.

  4. #3734
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Internationals again 

    Seems like a load have been injured - Kante , Fellani as well
    Thats a bit of a blow.
    But hope he plays a couple of the young lads not just stick Milner in behind Moreno and push him up .
    Maybe put Firmino left and give Solanke a decent run.
    Last edited by clubchamp98; 10-Oct-2017 at 18:25.

  5. #3735
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    13,789

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    It's only what i've been critical of the owners for.

    They're managing their investment very well, winning trophies doesnt matter to them. It looks good in their portfolio when it comes to lending money to finance their other business's.

    We've got a boss new stand though and when they do the anny rd.........
    You right on investment on the pitch, but if we would have extended Anfield in the 90's we may have won a league or two by now, due to the increased revenue.

    If you wont give them even one iota of credit, it makes your argument look weaker.

  6. #3736
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,827

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    You right on investment on the pitch, but if we would have extended Anfield in the 90's we may have won a league or two by now, due to the increased revenue.

    If you wont give them even one iota of credit, it makes your argument look weaker.
    I have given them credit in the past and i will where i see fit, but the investment in proper footballers and not just potential is where we've failed under their ownership.


    Your point about if we'd had improved the ground in the 90's we would have possibly had another couple of titles, have you forgot we improved 3 sides of the ground during that time?
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 10-Oct-2017 at 19:23.

  7. #3737
    Ryder Cup Winner pauldj42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seaham
    Posts
    12,815

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6mA6uA2-Rcw

    Really looking forward to this.

  8. #3738
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,348

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    You right on investment on the pitch, but if we would have extended Anfield in the 90's we may have won a league or two by now, due to the increased revenue.
    Isn't that what the Arsenal board and Wenger were going on about when they moved to the Emirates? Bigger stadium, higher revenue, able to compete with the biggest clubs in Europe? You still need the owners to be prepared to invest that money in the team and also a manager willing to spend the available money.

  9. #3739
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6mA6uA2-Rcw

    Really looking forward to this.
    If it is half as good as the Bobby Charlton programme it will be a belter

  10. #3740
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    13,789

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    I have given them credit in the past and i will where i see fit, but the investment in proper footballers and not just potential is where we've failed under their ownership.


    Your point about if we'd had improved the ground in the 90's we would have possibly had another couple of titles, have you forgot we improved 3 sides of the ground during that time?
    "Piecemail" improvement. 2-3,000 here, 3-4,000 there.

    Fair play to United, they had an overall vision and over 2 years have done 3/4's of their ground.

    We've never had a "big plan", which should have been to make Anfield 70-80k, and do it stand by stand. IF they do the Anny road, at least they have done half of what should have been done 25-30 years ago.

    Agreed, on the field, they are taking the michael with an average of 23mill per season over the last 7 years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Sergio Garcia Swing Analysis

Here we take an in-depth look at the swing of 2017 Masters Champion Sergio Garcia

February 23, 2018

Tiger Woods To Hit “Four Or Five” Drivers A Day At Honda Classic

The 14-time major winner will surely hit more fairways this week at PGA National, revealing he's only going to hit "four or five" drivers per round

February 22, 2018

Smarter Ways to Lower Scores 2018 powered by Cobra Puma Golf

2 golfers will get the chance to lower their scores the ‘smarter way’ this year via our bigger and better 'Smarter Ways to Lower Scores 2018' project powered by Cobra Puma Golf

February 21, 2018

4 Ways to Improve Your Short Game Strikes

In this video, GM Top 25 coach John Jacobs shows 4 fail-safe chipping methods to help you stop wasting shots around the greens

February 21, 2018

Jim Furyk Names Woods And Stricker As Ryder Cup Vice Captains

Woods and Stricker will join Davis Love III as Jim Furyk's vice captains at Le Golf National

February 21, 2018