Page 299 of 336 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3356
    Tour Rookie

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    Personally thought Liverpool where really good first half, second half never lived up to standards for whatever reason. Point gained, move on.

Good to see Philly back in a red shirt!

btw. I've only just got in, how much of a wool does that make me??
    I think it's a problem we look so good going forward but at the end of the day our finishing is just not good enough .
    First half we should have been three up.

Missed a pen .
    Their goals were a bit lucky first Lovren what can you say.
    Second he was very lucky to get the rebound but you have to admit their finishing was excellent.
    Where ours was not!

Its one thing looking good up front , but the we will score more than you sort of game relies on the strikers doing their jobs better.

I thought Sevilla played very well especially in midfield but Can, Henderson and Gini had a poor game.

Defence and keeper had very little to do but individual errors cost us again.

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    I thought Sevilla played very well especially in midfield but Can, Henderson and Gini had a poor game.
    What do you think of those 3 just out of interest?

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by adam6177 View Post
    What do you think of those 3 just out of interest?
    put my view of these three on an earlier post !
    This caused a major disagreement with another red.
    but as you ask MY opinion.

Can needs three touches to control the ball by then he is closed down or striker has run offside. Very flat-footedly at times and gives to many fouls away.

Gini great worker but is prone to good game / bad game but I think he would be good with a bit more quality around him.

Henderson does not see the forward pass early enough so to many sideway and backward balls.
    When he is playing it forward he's very good but he Dosnt do it often enough for the central midfielder .

They don't protect the back four enough for me this is half the problem at the back.

But giving the ball away with very sloppy passes is the worst offence and all three do that to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Big fish, little pond syndrome.
    I can accept that with Lovren but Fonte went to West Ham. I do believe that some players suit certain clubs better, not to be underestimated.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Tour Rookie

I thought Lovren played ok last night , he did most thins right .
    Its just the glaring schoolboy errors .
    A premiership CB that can't stop a ball rolling under his foot in the six yard box .
    All he had to do was just let it hit him and go for a corner.
    But all goal mistakes are highlighted he just makes more than most.
    Lunges in to much trying to win the ball this is his biggest fault looks good when you get it right but foolish when you don't.

I thought Lovren played ok last night , he did most thins right .
    Its just the glaring schoolboy errors .
    A premiership CB that can't stop a ball rolling under his foot in the six yard box .
    All he had to do was just let it hit him and go for a corner.
    But all goal mistakes are highlighted he just makes more than most.
    Lunges in to much trying to win the ball this is his biggest fault looks good when you get it right but foolish when you don't.
    I think Lovren was like Moreno last night - for every 4 things he does, 1 is very good, 2 are ok and 1 is a glaring mistake, or a daft "diving in" booking or something that results in a goal.

I've given up on Moreno a long time ago, and I'm wondering if he is playing every week ahead of Robertson and Milner, cos he's Coutinho's bezzie.

I think Matip could be a Rolls Royce of a player/defender with the right partner who he plays 50-55 games a season with, and with at least one good sitting midfielder in front of him.

Can had a bad first 20 minutes, and should have won the tackle for the first goal, but after that was decent. He is the reason why we got in the CL in the first place, as I think he was awesome in the last 2 months of last season and got us over the line, and I don't just mean the Watford goal. He is still young, but I'm willing to give him a go.

Wijnaldum was good, but yes hes a 2 good, 1 average or poor game player at the moment.

Firmino was MOM for me - considering hes not fast, tall or a brick-outhouse he leads the line superbly as a lone striker. If he could even just get 22-25 goals I'd pick him every week, as he works like a Trojan, wins more than his fair share of headers and brings others into play.

I think it's a problem we look so good going forward but at the end of the day our finishing is just not good enough .
    First half we should have been three up.

Missed a pen .
    Their goals were a bit lucky first Lovren what can you say.
    Second he was very lucky to get the rebound but you have to admit their finishing was excellent.
    Where ours was not!

Its one thing looking good up front , but the we will score more than you sort of game relies on the strikers doing their jobs better.

Defence and keeper had very little to do but individual errors cost us again.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but wasn't Salah's a lucky goal? Had that not put you in front it had the possibility of being an embarrassing home defeat!

put my view of these three on an earlier post !
    This caused a major disagreement with another red.
    but as you ask MY opinion.

Can needs three touches to control the ball by then he is closed down or striker has run offside. Very flat-footedly at times and gives to many fouls away.

Gini great worker but is prone to good game / bad game but I think he would be good with a bit more quality around him.

Henderson does not see the forward pass early enough so to many sideway and backward balls.
    When he is playing it forward he's very good but he Dosnt do it often enough for the central midfielder .

They don't protect the back four enough for me this is half the problem at the back.

But giving the ball away with very sloppy passes is the worst offence and all three do that to much.
    your views echo mine.

In my opinion Henderson is not fit to wear the arm band. He is called the crab for a good reason....everything is sideways, 90% of the time he is so negative.....but then last night he made some really positive forward runs and I'm sitting there thinking to myself if only he did that more often.

Gini is a work horse, very much in the Kuyt way of thinking.....but with less goals. I'd love to see if he could play the Mascherano type role and just sit and be destructive.

Can shows so much promise, but just lacks that little bit of quality.... he's still young but I see him as a box to box midfielder, but as you know the last one of those we had has left very very big boots to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by adam6177 View Post
    your views echo mine.

In my opinion Henderson is not fit to wear the arm band. He is called the crab for a good reason....everything is sideways, 90% of the time he is so negative.....but then last night he made some really positive forward runs and I'm sitting there thinking to myself if only he did that more often.

Gini is a work horse, very much in the Kuyt way of thinking.....but with less goals. I'd love to see if he could play the Mascherano type role and just sit and be destructive.

Can shows so much promise, but just lacks that little bit of quality.... he's still young but I see him as a box to box midfielder, but as you know the last one of those we had has left very very big boots to fill.
    Lucas Leiva?
    ... The moderator formally known as Gareth

Callaway Woods. Some Cleveland Forged Bits and Bobs and a Lovely Edel Putter.

Tastefully wrapped in Ilac and Scott Readman Concepts Headcovers

2016 Handicap - 13.6>13.1>13.1>11.8> Clause 23 adjustment > 10.8 >10.9>10.9>11.0

Quote Originally Posted by One Planer View Post
    Lucas Leiva?
    Igor Biscan