Page 288 of 550 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 5497

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Champions League starts tonight. Pretty excited, some good games. Barcelona-Juventus should be really good, as should Roma-Atletico.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

Do you genuinely get excited by it? It stopped for me a while ago and I haven't seen a CL game for 2-3 years now. I'll flick at the scores but it just doesn't float my boat. The top teams play each other too often now to make it exciting. I can't argue that Barcelona and Juventus is not a belter, it is, but too many games are just mehhh.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Do you genuinely get excited by it? It stopped for me a while ago and I haven't seen a CL game for 2-3 years now. I'll flick at the scores but it just doesn't float my boat. The top teams play each other too often now to make it exciting. I can't argue that Barcelona and Juventus is not a belter, it is, but too many games are just mehhh.
    Ditto, I only get anywhere near excited when it's the knockout rounds, and even then only if British teams are involved.
    Not watched any live games since it went to BT, didn't even bother with the final even though it was on Youtube.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Even though we are in it the excitement level just hasn't reached anything at the moment. I think it's prob because it has gotten stale over the last couple of years and mainly because the teams have played each other so much now - Bayern vs Madrid , etc etc should get people very excited but a lot of times they end up being damp squids.

PSG should be the team to break up the Madrid/Barce monopoly over the years but can see them flopping big style. Would love it if we got in amongst them all during the KO stages

Quote Originally Posted by SaintHacker View Post
    Just start 2 threads next season, one for Liverpool arguments, one for everyone else

Really? There wouldn't be much convo in the non lpool thread...

I've often posted after a (Liverpool) topic has dragged on and on to give it a rest. What can you do? It appears we're a lot of people's favourite subject
    H'cap 14.8

We're definitely pressing higher up the pitch again, but I don't think he's got his formations right yet. He's another one that favours one striker and for me that isn't the right set up, particularly not when it means we've got Shane Long sat on the bench instead of running opposition defences ragged
    That shane long is a tough bugger for a little fella. I even remember Carragher struggling to knock him off the ball, when he was still playing. his goal return could be better, but hes quite decent at holding the ball up, and played well against us in some of the games last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    Think we need a third, an Arsenal thread.
    With a sub-thread for Arsene only.

Just start 2 threads next season, one for Liverpool arguments, one for everyone else
    As a Southampton fan, do you want the login?

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    Really? There wouldn't be much convo in the non lpool thread...

I've often posted after a (Liverpool) topic has dragged on and on to give it a rest. What can you do? It appears we're a lot of people's favourite subject
    It accounts for 70% of Pin-seekers life, so we should be charitable.

FWIW its definitely not the worst Liverpool team in the last 30-odd years, but is one of the worst defences we've had, although I think that Matip is good enough, TAA has good potential (although had a stinker on Saturday).

Season ticket holder for 32 years, Anny road dad and lad section, before that. Show us yer stubs, Phil.