Page 273 of 334 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3335
  1. #2721
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,036

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post
    Challenge absolutely, he should be slaughtered if he didn't. Nothing to stop him challenging with his head the same way the keeper was though.

    I don't think it was malicious etc but the way he went in/carried on (easy to start thinking you'll get a foot to it and not but need to know when to stop) was dangerous.

    I'd say it's a red card but not a 3 match ban (I've no idea what the different bans etc are)
    Serious foul play and violent conduct are 3games, others are 1 game.

  2. #2722
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    36,523

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post
    Challenge absolutely, he should be slaughtered if he didn't. Nothing to stop him challenging with his head the same way the keeper was though.

    I don't think it was malicious etc but the way he went in/carried on (easy to start thinking you'll get a foot to it and not but need to know when to stop) was dangerous.

    I'd say it's a red card but not a 3 match ban (I've no idea what the different bans etc are)
    Was listening to good old 5live and again it all seems pretty split but they also came up with a few things

    The other week when Bellerin had his foot up high but Salah nipped in - should he have been sanctioned because of the slight if any contact or does it become a foul because of the contact as opposed to the action ?

    There was also another question about if a keeper came out to punch a ball but a lot of times ends up getting a player should that be sanctioned ?

    I think if the GK had got up it would have been a yellow - red card came from the reaction imo

  3. #2723
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lancs
    Posts
    5,291

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Was listening to good old 5live and again it all seems pretty split but they also came up with a few things

    The other week when Bellerin had his foot up high but Salah nipped in - should he have been sanctioned because of the slight if any contact or does it become a foul because of the contact as opposed to the action ?

    There was also another question about if a keeper came out to punch a ball but a lot of times ends up getting a player should that be sanctioned ?

    I think if the GK had got up it would have been a yellow - red card came from the reaction imo
    No idea re Bellerin as didn't see the game/challenge. It's dangerous play because it's dangerous! players get sent off without even touching a player if they're flying in two footed with studs up etc.

    Phil he hit the keepers face with his studs, if that happened to you're keeper from Aguero you'd be up in arms if he hadn't been sent off I'd imagine?
    H'cap = 4.2

  4. #2724
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    36,523

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post
    No idea re Bellerin as didn't see the game/challenge. It's dangerous play because it's dangerous! players get sent off without even touching a player if they're flying in two footed with studs up etc.

    Phil he hit the keepers face with his studs, if that happened to you're keeper from Aguero you'd be up in arms if he hadn't been sent off I'd imagine?
    I actually wouldn't be up in arms - would expect the yellow card and free kick which is what I think the incident should have been regardless of the player or team . More disappointed that Otemendi got away with his tackle

    And people mentioned the Bellerin incident because as you say people get sent off without touching because it's dangerous so the question was why wasn't he ( was just a debate no right or wrong )

  5. #2725
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lancs
    Posts
    5,291

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    I actually wouldn't be up in arms - would expect the yellow card and free kick which is what I think the incident should have been regardless of the player or team . More disappointed that Otemendi got away with his tackle

    And people mentioned the Bellerin incident because as you say people get sent off without touching because it's dangerous so the question was why wasn't he ( was just a debate no right or wrong )
    Avoiding you're passing the buck onto other teams etc, why do you think a yellow and a free kick was the right decision out of interest?
    H'cap = 4.2

  6. #2726
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    12,755

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    red card and should get banned for 5 games at least if there is any justice
    Too obvious. Again.

  7. #2727
    Grand Slam Winner Imurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury Bucks
    Posts
    22,248

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Just seen it on MOTD. I have no love for either team so can be considered about as neutral as you can get.
    The tribalism ingrained in football these days dictates that the only ones looking at that challenge and not seeing a red card have red coloured spectacles......
    His boot has cut the face of the keeper...and his boot was 5 feet off the ground.
    Although he's not looking at the keeper and there's not intent to take his head off - it's as clear a sending off as you'll get all season.
    I'm struggling to see how even the most ardent Liverpool fan can't see that as a red card.
    Epic 10°
    Fusion 3w 15°
    Big Bertha 5w 19°
    Big Bertha 4h 22°
    CF 16 5-PW
    Apex GW
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball

    Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

    You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

  8. #2728
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    6,977

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    I don't get the argument about not looking at the keeper. I don't believe it was malicious, more instinctive, but if he wasn't aware of the keeper being there then why not let the ball drop? No one naturally puts their foot up that high. The moment he raises his boot that way and makes contact he has to go. It is both dangerous and reckless.

  9. #2729
    Tour Winner MegaSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ruislip
    Posts
    4,409

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Loving the 'edginess' between Sparky and Maureen....

    Quite hilarious... Not sure which one is the bigger tool...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

  10. #2730
    Tour Winner Beezerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,761

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I don't get the argument about not looking at the keeper. I don't believe it was malicious, more instinctive, but if he wasn't aware of the keeper being there then why not let the ball drop? No one naturally puts their foot up that high. The moment he raises his boot that way and makes contact he has to go. It is both dangerous and reckless.
    Yep, the keepers only option was to head the ball as it wasn't in the box. But forget the fact where it was and who was involved, any player doing that anywhere on the pitch risks a straight red card, you just don't stick your foot where someone is going to head the ball.
    Granted Mane was looking at the ball but still, he shouldn't be sticking his foot up there, I was disappointed with Shearers comments on MOTD, typical old school bollox just like Wright talks as well.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Amazon Golf Deals – The Best Current Offers

Amazon is an incredible place to buy anything of course, but the golf section on the website is a great place to find some goodies for your game

September 21, 2017

Stop Getting On Rory McIlroy’s Back, We’re Lucky To Have Him

Having seen some recent social media comments, I feel it is time to remember just how good Rory McIlroy is after a season plagued by injury

September 20, 2017

Justin Rose Pledges Support To Save Southwood Golf Course In Hampshire

Southwood Golf Course in Farnborough, Hampshire is under threat from the local council and Olympic gold medallist Justin Rose pledged support to save the course he played as a junior

September 20, 2017

American Golf Deals: The Best Current Offers

We check out the best deal that retailer American Golf currently have on their site

September 20, 2017

Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

The finale of the 2017 PGA Tour season happens at East Lake Golf Club check out who we think will do well with these Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017