Page 273 of 334 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3335

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post
    Challenge absolutely, he should be slaughtered if he didn't. Nothing to stop him challenging with his head the same way the keeper was though.

I don't think it was malicious etc but the way he went in/carried on (easy to start thinking you'll get a foot to it and not but need to know when to stop) was dangerous.

I'd say it's a red card but not a 3 match ban (I've no idea what the different bans etc are)
    Serious foul play and violent conduct are 3games, others are 1 game.

Challenge absolutely, he should be slaughtered if he didn't. Nothing to stop him challenging with his head the same way the keeper was though.

I don't think it was malicious etc but the way he went in/carried on (easy to start thinking you'll get a foot to it and not but need to know when to stop) was dangerous.

I'd say it's a red card but not a 3 match ban (I've no idea what the different bans etc are)
    Was listening to good old 5live and again it all seems pretty split but they also came up with a few things

The other week when Bellerin had his foot up high but Salah nipped in - should he have been sanctioned because of the slight if any contact or does it become a foul because of the contact as opposed to the action ?

There was also another question about if a keeper came out to punch a ball but a lot of times ends up getting a player should that be sanctioned ?

I think if the GK had got up it would have been a yellow - red card came from the reaction imo

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Was listening to good old 5live and again it all seems pretty split but they also came up with a few things

The other week when Bellerin had his foot up high but Salah nipped in - should he have been sanctioned because of the slight if any contact or does it become a foul because of the contact as opposed to the action ?

There was also another question about if a keeper came out to punch a ball but a lot of times ends up getting a player should that be sanctioned ?

I think if the GK had got up it would have been a yellow - red card came from the reaction imo
    No idea re Bellerin as didn't see the game/challenge. It's dangerous play because it's dangerous! players get sent off without even touching a player if they're flying in two footed with studs up etc.

Phil he hit the keepers face with his studs, if that happened to you're keeper from Aguero you'd be up in arms if he hadn't been sent off I'd imagine?
    H'cap = 4.2

No idea re Bellerin as didn't see the game/challenge. It's dangerous play because it's dangerous! players get sent off without even touching a player if they're flying in two footed with studs up etc.

Phil he hit the keepers face with his studs, if that happened to you're keeper from Aguero you'd be up in arms if he hadn't been sent off I'd imagine?
    I actually wouldn't be up in arms - would expect the yellow card and free kick which is what I think the incident should have been regardless of the player or team . More disappointed that Otemendi got away with his tackle

And people mentioned the Bellerin incident because as you say people get sent off without touching because it's dangerous so the question was why wasn't he ( was just a debate no right or wrong )

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    I actually wouldn't be up in arms - would expect the yellow card and free kick which is what I think the incident should have been regardless of the player or team . More disappointed that Otemendi got away with his tackle

And people mentioned the Bellerin incident because as you say people get sent off without touching because it's dangerous so the question was why wasn't he ( was just a debate no right or wrong )
    Avoiding you're passing the buck onto other teams etc, why do you think a yellow and a free kick was the right decision out of interest?
    H'cap = 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    red card and should get banned for 5 games at least if there is any justice
    Too obvious. Again.

Just seen it on MOTD. I have no love for either team so can be considered about as neutral as you can get.
    The tribalism ingrained in football these days dictates that the only ones looking at that challenge and not seeing a red card have red coloured spectacles......
    His boot has cut the face of the keeper...and his boot was 5 feet off the ground.
    Although he's not looking at the keeper and there's not intent to take his head off - it's as clear a sending off as you'll get all season.
    I'm struggling to see how even the most ardent Liverpool fan can't see that as a red card.
    Epic 10°
    Fusion 3w 15°
    Big Bertha 5w 19°
    Big Bertha 4h 22°
    CF 16 5-PW
    Apex GW
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

I don't get the argument about not looking at the keeper. I don't believe it was malicious, more instinctive, but if he wasn't aware of the keeper being there then why not let the ball drop? No one naturally puts their foot up that high. The moment he raises his boot that way and makes contact he has to go. It is both dangerous and reckless.

Loving the 'edginess' between Sparky and Maureen....

Quite hilarious... Not sure which one is the bigger tool...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I don't get the argument about not looking at the keeper. I don't believe it was malicious, more instinctive, but if he wasn't aware of the keeper being there then why not let the ball drop? No one naturally puts their foot up that high. The moment he raises his boot that way and makes contact he has to go. It is both dangerous and reckless.
    Yep, the keepers only option was to head the ball as it wasn't in the box. But forget the fact where it was and who was involved, any player doing that anywhere on the pitch risks a straight red card, you just don't stick your foot where someone is going to head the ball.
    Granted Mane was looking at the ball but still, he shouldn't be sticking his foot up there, I was disappointed with Shearers comments on MOTD, typical old school bollox just like Wright talks as well.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3