Page 1319 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 31981912191269130913171318131913201321132913691419 ... LastLast
Results 13,181 to 13,190 of 16046

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Tingety, ting,ting,ting.

It might need a new battery.

The Hibs v Hearts game is warming up nicely, good atmosphere.

Blackballed

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Tingety, ting,ting,ting.

It might need a new battery.
    😂😂
    Quality 😂😂

Love hearing the Hibs fans in full voice singing ďSunshine on LeithĒ

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Nobody is trying to mask anything, Arsenal are pretty much at the same level itís just that others have improved.
    That's what every club should be doing, except Arsenal, which my last post showing there average points tally over the last 10 years proved!

Only Spurs and Liverpool can claim to be doing better than Arsenal at the moment because they are not in that oil company bracket like us.
    Your obsessed with oil money! What if you had billion dollar owners of sports companies, retail outlets, betting shops, it's got nothing to do with where the money comes from, an owners worth is simply that, irrelevant of his business! and if he wants to invest in his business to make it better to yield a better return, then that's simply good business practice.

However, itís really only the last couple of years that has been the case and Arsenal will soon catch up and over take them.
    Comedy gold My post of facts & figures which you totally ignored proves without doubt it's been a decade at the very least and with no signs of changing whilst Arsene is at the helm! You seem to only like to post digs and sly remarks which is why your a troll, but when I post a 10 year history of points clearly showing you haven't improved or even barely stood still over the last 10 years, your ignore it! Speaks volumes...

No Utd arenít an oil company but they are a money club and they spend a shed load more than Arsenal on players - we simply canít compete with them.
    Yes you can, it's just that Arsene chooses not to...

Arsenal falling away is a bit of a myth tbh, money clubs have pulled away.
    You should be on the stage. Again my 10 year points post proves that's not the case, you were averaging low 70's before City rose, in fact seasons 11/12 you only got 70 & 10/11 only 68 points and your highest points tally was 75 in 07/08, I'd call that 'falling away'.

Most teams have good and bad spells in a season but after 38 games you end up with a clear picture of where you deserve to be.
    Your right, you deserve to be fighting for 6th/7th because Arsene has taken his eye off the ball for the last 10 years. Your last 3 season points tally proves this, with 75 being the highest when you need at least 80+ to get to 2nd and your destined for only 70 this season if your lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth; It shouldnít in itself spell the end for a manager, if it happens every year and with no silverware coming in then yes he should walk. But it hasnít happened like that despite the doom mongers on here , [B
    Arsenal is not a club in crisis[/B].......yet.
    I beg to differ, 10 years with not a sniff of getting anywhere near 80 points to make a challenge is a club standing still with no ambition IMO. But hey, an FA cup or any other silverware will suffice.....

Well it could be argued that with years of having to sell players Or not being able to entice the players that we wanted ( due to pressure from the big 3) then we would not be in a position to lose matches like those above.

IIRC Sanchez had his mind on leaving to Utd around the time we lost a bunch of games, morale in the dressing room as he it transpired later was very low. Heís gone now, and we are recovering from that.

Step back and look at the big picture of what money has impacted not only at Arsenal but Spurs and Liverpool too.

Best sides theyíve had for years and sadly their teams will break up long before they win anything of note.
    Players leave clubs when players around them are simply clocking in and are stealing a living, when theirs no ambition being shown by the club or manager.

Certain players want to win and achieve things in their short careers, Arsenal have had some great players over the years and have left only to succeeded more, whereas had Arsenal built more around them rather than having only 1 or 2 at most marquee players getting frustrated because the rest of the team/squad is under par, then they may have done better than they have over the last 10 years or more..

Itís the worst spell under Wenger in 22 years , one we are not really accustomed to
    You should be, because 50% of those 22 years you've stood still and have clearly not improved or ever been in a position to mount any real challenge for the title.

I wonder how much of those early years were because of the inheritance of a George Graham squad?

You think itís easy to lose our main goal threat and replace him straight away? itís takes a little time to adjust.
    No it doesn't, if there's players out there and you have true ambition, you raid your piggy bank and go get them sending the right message to your fans and other players, but that's not the Arsenal way so you'll reap what you sow.

I think he is spending it , £50 Lacazette , £55M Auba,

Got rid of a few too and more more reinforcement in the Summer.

You canít go toe to toe with the big 3, what if Liverpool try to hard ? you could be the next Leeds.
    It's too early to laugh this much. You've had one of the biggest wage bills for many years because you've got so much dross at the lower level and mid level being paid too much and barely pulling on a shirt, and if they do, there not worht what their on. You could clean out loads of dead wood and spend that at the top end for quality, but again, you don't, and that's down to Arsene who has too much of an influence throughout the club!

Yes and? It still takes time for players to adjust , sometimes a whole season or more.

Auba actually looks a bit on the slight side for the PL and would expect that Arsenal will try to bulk him up a bit. Will probably look a bit more like Welbeck/Henry physique wise in a couple of seasons.
    He's 28, by the time you've 'bulked him out' he'll be 30+, that's if you can. I didn't realise Arsenal had become a fattening camp for players wanting to play in the PL

Better off yes I still think that but still need to find consistency.
    Well you haven't showed any for 10 years, oh sorry, yes you have, your good for 73-75 points per season which will win you..........nowt

Forget the owners we donít use their money we use Arsenal FCís money.

1 player doesnít really paint a true picture does it? And we had no choice otherwise again, another player would have been lost to the big 3. Donít forget that Ozil was heavily linked with a move to Utd

Wenger has coped and is still coping very well in spite of the huge economic imbalance that exists. Itís amazing that he has kept Arsenal at the top for so many years and frankly I canít think of any other manager who could have accomplished that over such a long time. Mourinho no he needs money and lots of it, Guardiola no , needs even more money than Mourinho, Klopp possibly, Poch possibly, but we need to see many more years of quality from those 2 and of course some silverware from them.
    Totally deluded, there's no hope for you, satisfied with mediocrity for over 10 years and still can't see or accept that all the faults clearly lie at Arsenes feet and can only blame others for his shortfalls. If you and Arsene were dogs I'd have had you both put down by now, it would have been the only humane thing to do

I know but a few more Chamberlain type transfers and no CL football for a few seasons and things will quickly change.

Just saying, I think most PL clubs are walking a tightrope , apart of course, yes you guessed it, the big 3.
    Chamberlain has improved under Klopp upto now.

Oxlade-Chamberlain now has two goals and five assists in his last ten starts.

That's more than he managed in all competitions in five of his six seasons at Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    Love hearing the Hibs fans in full voice singing ďSunshine on LeithĒ
    Cracking song that. The 2nd best club anthem imo

was talking to whoever runs the bargain fb page the other day (after purchasing a new toy) He has better offers than golf depot! Iíd hate to have to see him every week, I change enough as it is
    H'cap 15

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    Cracking song that. The 2nd best club anthem imo

was talking to whoever runs the bargain fb page the other day (after purchasing a new toy) He has better offers than golf depot! Iíd hate to have to see him every week, I change enough as it is
    I agree, second only to Z Cars

Andrewís a great lad, heíll price match and then does some daft offers, I reckon Iím paying his retirement pension.

Challenge Tour Pro

I've not watched soccer AM in a while, but I did find the Let's laugh at diving feature a nice addition to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Chamberlain has improved under Klopp upto now.

Oxlade-Chamberlain now has two goals and five assists in his last ten starts.

That's more than he managed in all competitions in five of his six seasons at Arsenal.
    No I just think he has to play how a 40 million player should.
    His standard at Arsenal was shocking hence most people thinking he was a waste of money,me included.
    His level has just risen to where Liverpool are at present IMO.
    Assists lol one of his assist was for Salah where he had lost the control of the ball and it fell to Salah off a defender.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014