Page 1307 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 30780712071257129713051306130713081309131713571407 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,070 of 16046

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoke View Post
    The Italian league is nothing like as tough as it was.
    If I was a Liverpool fan Juventus would be the team I would want.
    Liverpool would score no doubt about that,and because their defence has improved,although they could leak a few the weekend I would pick them to win the tie.

I also think Spurs were the best side over the 2 legs,shame as it would have been good to have another English team in the next round.

I see City are the favourites for the CL IMO they are behind Real and Bayern.
    Italian league aside, Juve have made the final 2 of the last 3 years, they can't be written off as an opponent. Real Madrid have an even better recent history of course, but this season they've been a poor reflection of their usual selves. They are a very distant 3rd in the league, only a point ahead of Valencia. Surely you have Barca as more likely Champions League winners than them?? I think it has to be Barca, City or Bayern who wins it. City have as good a chance as anyone the way they're playing.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2/Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6

Certainly wouldn't write Barca out of it just for me fancy Real more in the cup as opposed to a full season.
    No different than Liverpool for a cup to a full season,just an opinion of course.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by bernix View Post
    Being a Juventus supporter I am a tad biased but I did not see Spurs as the better team. Yes, they had more possession and more shots on goal but Juve stood better defensively and were much better in using their scoring chances. 2/3 is good ratio isnt it. In Italy Juve are known to be "cinico" (cynic) meaning they're lethal in using their opportunities. Look at last Saturday's game at Rome. the sole shot at goal in 93rd minute was enough for a 1:0 win
    This all day long. 👍Might not-be pleasing on the eye but the old lady gets results. If Spurs were the better team over two legs then the question needs to be asked. Why are you not in the last 8. Bernix has said what I said earlier. If your answer is bad luck and bad refs then you will be blind to the finer arts of top class football. Juve scored one chance v Roma. Juve scored 2 outta 3 v spurs. That is the differance between top 8 and top 16. If the “better” had took there chances (inc the best striker in the world). We wouldn’t be having this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoke View Post
    The Italian league is nothing like as tough as it was. If I was a Liverpool fan Juventus would be the team I would want. Liverpool would score no doubt about that,and because their defence has improved,although they could leak a few the weekend I would pick them to win the tie. I also think Spurs were the best side over the 2 legs,shame as it would have been good to have another English team in the next round. I see City are the favourites for the CL IMO they are behind Real and Bayern.
    I've said somewhere earlier in the thread, that, simply as a footy fan, I'd love to see Citeh play a Real, Barce, Bayern type team. It would be interesting to see how they would cope with the 'tactical' fouling to stop them attacking. Juve did it again perfectly yesterday, but it largely goes unpunished other than a couple of yellows for persistent fouling. I think it could be their year, as much as it pains me to say it, this Citeh team is certainly one of the best we have seen in the Prem.
    H/cap 6.7,

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I've said somewhere earlier in the thread, that, simply as a footy fan, I'd love to see Citeh play a Real, Barce, Bayern type team. It would be interesting to see how they would cope with the 'tactical' fouling to stop them attacking. Juve did it again perfectly yesterday, but it largely goes unpunished other than a couple of yellows for persistent fouling. I think it could be their year, as much as it pains me to say it, this Citeh team is certainly one of the best we have seen in the Prem.
    I agree let's see City up against a top team,I strongly believe they will be found wanting.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

Anything can happen in the 1st or 2nd legs, it doesn’t make one team better than the other in every aspect.
    Are Wigan now seen as a better cup side than City and would do just as well in the CL?
    Last time LPool won the CL they finished 5th in the PL, does that mean the other 4 above them were better sides? Of course not.
    As many have said the most experienced teams know how to get a result.
    We probably have the current most experienced CL managers in Jose and Pep, they are not managing the most experienced players though are they, unfortunately that’s why RM, Barca, Bayern and Juve go far in the CL as the majority of their players have far more CL experience than the english clubs.

City, Lpool, Utd or Chelsea are more than capable of getting a result over 1 leg, it’s doing it over 2 that may be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    This all day long. Might not-be pleasing on the eye but the old lady gets results. If Spurs were the better team over two legs then the question needs to be asked. Why are you not in the last 8. Bernix has said what I said earlier. If your answer is bad luck and bad refs then you will be blind to the finer arts of top class football. Juve scored one chance v Roma. Juve scored 2 outta 3 v spurs. That is the differance between top 8 and top 16. If the “better” had took there chances (inc the best striker in the world). We wouldn’t be having this discussion.
    Because the better team doesn't always win in football. Obviously. I thought that was common knowledge.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • DX2/Optix

Bayern are highly overrated imo. If I could select Juve's QF oppo it would be Bayern or ManU
    What's in my PING LATITIUDE bag?

PING G10 10.5° driver
    Callaway RAZR fit 3 & 5 wood
    cobra AMP cell hybrid 2-3
    Callaway big bertha hybrid 4
    Titleist AP1/AP2 #5 to PW
    Titleist SM5 M-Grind 54°
    Cleveland CG12 60° Lob Wedge
    Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2

handicap: 10.4

Quote Originally Posted by bernix View Post
    Bayern are highly overrated imo. If I could select Juve's QF oppo it would be Bayern or ManU
    Really? Bayern have only lost 3 and drawn 4 games in all competitions all season.

If I had to rank the remaining teams in order it would be:
    Barca
    City
    Bayern
    Juve
    Real
    Liverpool
    Man Utd (assuming they beat Sevilla)
    Roma/Shakhtar

That last one has to be anyone's favoured opponent I would have thought. No matter which team goes through.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • DX2/Optix

Bayern have prob imo the strongest backline

Neuer as GK

Then Kimmich , Hummels , Boateng , Alaba plus Bernat , Rafinha and Süle as back up is superb

The middle of the park is where they creak at times - players like Coman Thiago and James are massively talented but inconsistent but Vidal is superb ( Martinez and Ribéry get old and injured ) - then the forward has prob one of the best strikers in the world supported by Muller and Robben

Maybe it’s a team lacking a bit of pace but with those players they don’t look overrated - maybe just missing that very special player.

And anyone writing off Juve are mad and not seen the last couple of years - they are smart , talented and can get the result they need - the front two Higuain and Dybala are just top class as well.