Page 1430 of 1451 FirstFirst ... 430930133013801420142814291430143114321440 ... LastLast
Results 14,291 to 14,300 of 14509

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

I wonder what excuses will be trotted out absolving Arsene of any blame today
    ... The moderator formally known as Gareth

Callaway Fusion 10.5° Driver
    Callaway Alpha 816 15° 3 Wood
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23° Hybrid
    Cleveland 588CB Forged Irons 5-W
    Cleveland RTX Wedges 52°,56°,60°
    Edel E2 Custom 35"

Current handicap: 11.0

Quote Originally Posted by One Planer View Post
    It’ll be the refs fault, the weather, dodgy peas pudding for lunch, anything but Arsene who’s poo smells of roses 😜

Typical referee bottling it at Old Trafford and denying us a clear penalty. Every bloody week. ABU.

Anyone know why players squirt water out of a bottle before drinking from it? Not massively relevant but I've just seen another one doing it and I've never worked it out.

Clearing the saliva dregs of the previous drinker I assume.

Probably right. A quick wipe of the nozzle on my shirt would have been my solution.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by One Planer View Post
    Not just today. Was reading the match report on the BBC sport site and there was a stat that Arsenal are the only team in the top 4 English divisions that haven't won an away point in 2018. That's shocking.

According to Sawtooth it's all about money and that's why Arsenal can't compete with Man City, Utd and Chelsea. Not sure how that tallies with Arsenal losing away at Newcastle, Brighton, Swansea and Bournemouth this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Guardiola may only buy success but he does talk sense sometimes, “"You can win the Champions League in seven games; the league is 10 months.

"I'm sorry, it's much more important what these guys have done this season."

Bang on with that.
    It’s actually 13 games minimum but that’s irrelevant

It’s not surprise Arsenal and Everton fans dismissing the importance of the CL - both are irrelevant to the Comp.

For the top clubs in Europe it’s the most prestigious club Comp there is - managers can win the league at the big clubs but get fired if they don’t win the CL - to win the CL you are having to beat the very best in Europe something that Arsenal struggled to do year in year out

But it’s a Comp that you won’t have to worry about for a while anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    Not just today. Was reading the match report on the BBC sport site and there was a stat that Arsenal are the only team in the top 4 English divisions that haven't won an away point in 2018. That's shocking.

According to Sawtooth it's all about money and that's why Arsenal can't compete with Man City, Utd and Chelsea. Not sure how that tallies with Arsenal losing away at Newcastle, Brighton, Swansea and Bournemouth this year.
    Yeah, they can't compete financially - their two strikers only cost them a combined £100m this season.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post

Because there’s no easy games [yawn] 😏