Page 1396 of 1451 FirstFirst ... 3968961296134613861394139513961397139814061446 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,960 of 14509

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Why won’t it mean much ?

For months City were being touted as favourites for the CL - so if we do go through after knocking one of the favourites out and into the semi finals then anything can happen ?

And what about Stus point about Ox ? Already gone further in the CL with us than he did in his whole career. It’s criminal that Wenger had him playing as a wing back whilst players like Iwobi and Xhaka play in the middle or in the attacking areas. No wonder he turned down more money to come to us
    Ox had a few good games (and many mediocre ones) for us too, same pattern at Liverpool from what I can see.

Anything can happen but I think most of us know what will happen.

City played like City from last season and Liverpool did a number on them. Their style seems to suit.

Re. the coach attack. What was that about. Not aware of animosity between City and Liverpool fans although I don't live in the NW any more so I may have missed something. The really stupid thing, what is not stupid about attacking a team coach?, is that the Liverpool coach now has to make the away journey. I'm sure the Liverpool players will be looking forward to that journey. Well done lads, thanks, some bright sparks amongst those fans!
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Ox had a few good games (and many mediocre ones) for us too, same pattern at Liverpool from what I can see.

Anything can happen but I think most of us know what will happen.

It’s quite strange because everyone I have heard talk about Ox mainly pundits and ex players seem to say that he is a totally different player at Liverpool then he was at Arsenal for years - maybe that’s what happens when he is managed properly and played in his correct position , and that’s not wing back

If you think that most know what will happen why don’t you enlighten us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    City played like City from last season and Liverpool did a number on them. Their style seems to suit.

Re. the coach attack. What was that about. Not aware of animosity between City and Liverpool fans although I don't live in the NW any more so I may have missed something. The really stupid thing, what is not stupid about attacking a team coach?, is that the Liverpool coach now has to make the away journey. I'm sure the Liverpool players will be looking forward to that journey. Well done lads, thanks, some bright sparks amongst those fans!
    It wasn’t an attack, more like a few divvys throwing ale about and it smashed one window. No way condemning it, it’s stupid and dangerous. I hope they’re caught and dealt with.

There’s no animosity with City.

Journeyman Pro

There’s no problems between the fans I am aware of .
    But you are right I hope City’s fans can rise above some moronic behaviour.
    You would think we had enough trouble with violence in Europe over the years , but some people never learn .
    Just hope it dosnt marr the return game.

Thanks fella's. I thought that was the case which is why I was surprised at what happened.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

I foresee Liverpool bottling the return leg and a Man City semi final
    2016 handicap 15-13 2017 handicap 13-12 2018 handicap 12...

It'll Be interested to see what Klopps Tactics are on the night next week..

If they score then surely it's game over, I'd like to see them getting straight into City again and at least not being on the back foot going into the 2nd half.
    Last edited by Qwerty; 05-Apr-2018 at 09:11.

And if that was West Ham it would have been across all the back pages... I think the headline was "Carnage" when some idiot threw a bottle at the Man Utd bus.... just waiting for LP's take on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43648184
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    And if that was West Ham it would have been across all the back pages... I think the headline was "Carnage" when some idiot threw a bottle at the Man Utd bus.... just waiting for LP's take on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43648184
    "Some Idiot threw a bottle"

I think there was slightly more than one bottle thrown.