Page 805 of 1025 FirstFirst ... 305705755795803804805806807815855905 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,050 of 10246
  1. #8041
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    745

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    klopp has been slated for the last 18months for not improving our CBs, he does and does that and now hes getting it for spending too much money.....
    I'm not slating him for spending the money, you lot really needed a CB. I was just querying what's made him go back so quickly on him never wanting to spend a huge amount of money on a player.

  2. #8042
    Ryder Cup Winner pauldj42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seaham
    Posts
    12,440

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    klopp has been slated for the last 18months for not improving our CBs, he does and does that and now hes getting it for spending too much money.....
    Youve been the loudest
    You moaned about no plan b when he failed to get vvd in the summer

  3. #8043
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,659

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    I'm not slating him for spending the money, you lot really needed a CB. I was just querying what's made him go back so quickly on him never wanting to spend a huge amount of money on a player.
    See the link I just put up, reading what he actually said and not what has been picked out is slightly different.

    I think hes also been forced into paying what weve paid due to the feck up in the summer and the alleged competition from city.

  4. #8044
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,659

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    Youve been the loudest
    You moaned about no plan b when he failed to get vvd in the summer
    Whats your point?

  5. #8045
    Ryder Cup Winner pauldj42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seaham
    Posts
    12,440

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Whats your point?
    Youve changed

    You kept saying Klopp has nothing to do with the signings

  6. #8046
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    745

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    See the link I just put up, reading what he actually said and not what has been picked out is slightly different.

    I think hes also been forced into paying what weve paid due to the feck up in the summer and the alleged competition from city.
    for the record too, I'm not against any club spending what ever they want. If you look back I think I'm one of only a couple who actually think the oil clubs have been good for the premier league.

  7. #8047
    Tour Winner davemc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,583

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post
    I remember a manager (maybe Mourinho but could be wrong) after the Neymar fee said there was no problem with the very very best being transferred for crazy fees, the problem is that it was such a shift "average" players (relative term before th pitchforks come out ) that were previously 15/20/25m become 65/70/75m

    Liverpool desperately need to improve at the back but the PL is eating itself. Bonucci went to Milan for 30m and, in my view, is a much better defender than VVD.
    Can you complain of prices when you're the one of the main protagonists in these crazy fees?

    cant comment on bonucci as my serie a knowledge is zilch. Not even sure how good vd is myself. The coming months will tell us
    H'cap 14.8

  8. #8048
    Ryder Cup Winner pauldj42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seaham
    Posts
    12,440

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    Can you complain of prices when you're the one of the main protagonists in these crazy fees?

    cant comment on bonucci as my serie a knowledge is zilch. Not even sure how good vd is myself. The coming months will tell us
    You dont want vd mate, best to start of with a milder sti.

  9. #8049
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    OK 3-2 not 3-1
    I make that 2-3.

  10. #8050
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,659

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    Youve changed

    You kept saying Klopp has nothing to do with the signings
    He hasnt, he identifies who he wants then super analyst Micheal Edwards takes control. Hence the complete feck up by Edwards in the summer. I believe 15m of that fee is compensation for the summer debacle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Jon Rahm wins CareerBuilder Challenge after playoff

Jon Rahm wins the CareerBuilder Challenge after a playoff with American Andrew Landry

January 22, 2018

LAAC day two: Jaime Lopez Rivarola leads by one

Jaime Lopez Rivarola of Argentina leads the fourth Latin America Amateur championship at the halfway stage after a second round 68 at the Prince of Wales CC in Santiago, Chile.

January 21, 2018

Tommy Fleetwood wins Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship

Tommy Fleetwood wins the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship, successfully defending the title he won 12 months ago

January 21, 2018

#KeepItGreen campaign gets Major support

Major winners Sergio Garcia and Louis Oosthuizen have joined forces in support of #KeepItGreen, a new campaign created by Sentosa Golf Club to tackle sustainability and participation growth

January 21, 2018

Take a look inside the world-famous Abu Dhabi Golf Club

Watch this video and take a look inside the world-famous Abu Dhabi Golf Club in the UAE

January 21, 2018