Page 804 of 1460 FirstFirst ... 3047047547948028038048058068148549041304 ... LastLast
Results 8,031 to 8,040 of 14592
    Q-School Graduate

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Watch how many comment on our signing in the next few days.
    Saying it's a lot of money isn't an issue, Pogba was a lot of money and so is VVD. I just found is amusing that the manager that had the biggest issue with the pogba fee, the one who was making the sanctimonious comments, saying he would rather build a player breaks the world record for a CB by about 20m

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    Ive not seen the comments he made, so don't know what he said or the context it was said in.

Given what you said is true, and said without kidology, mind games etc then maybe it was just short sightedness. Since then Neymar was sold, moving the goal posts so far. The game is changing all the time
    very short sighted yeah. He could have easily questioned the need to spend that money on a player without needing to say he would rather build a team and wouldn't spend the money if he could.

Either way it doesn't matter, he's smashed the world record for a defender. Let's hope he sorts that defence out

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Cannot coach what he has ? Do you level the same accusations at Wenger when he looks to buy players ? How much was it he was bidding for Lemar - £80/90mil was it ? How much Lacazette ?
    If Klopp can't coach, as Sawtooth says, which team is in 4th and which team is in 6th? Its a results led business. Liverpool are higher and looking way better than Arsenal. Liverpool continue to build for the future whilst Arsenal continue to build for mid table mediocrity.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    Or the post about us spending abar a billion quid in the summer and getting the 2 sammies in

VVD has had one full good season at Soton, he did well at Celtic, but some people on here reckon the SPL equates to the Championship.

Since he became an international Holland have failed to qualify for the Euros or the WC.

What makes him special? He may prove us wrong or he might be a waste of money.
    Thats mocking you, not trying to get a serious point over to score points Or, maybe the Ev are my kriptonite and I just can't help myself
    H'cap 14.8

Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    very short sighted yeah. He could have easily questioned the need to spend that money on a player without needing to say he would rather build a team and wouldn't spend the money if he could.

Either way it doesn't matter, he's smashed the world record for a defender. Let's hope he sorts that defence out
    Ive not seen the comments he made, so don't know what he said or the context it was said in.

Given what you said is true, and said without kidology, mind games etc then maybe it was just short sightedness. Since then Neymar was sold, moving the goal posts so far. The game is changing all the time

Hereís a link to the comments Bristol mike is alluding to http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...b-anymore.html

Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    pretty sure most weren't saying that when united signed Pogba. I'm not saying it's a bad deal, I just highlighted the hypocrisy in the comments made by Klopp and his actions.
    I think most were saying it was a bit mad that United were paying £89mil for someone who was in their reserves/academy only 2/3 years previously

And £75 mil is a madness price - way overpriced but thatís todayís market and if he improves our backline then he will be worth it

Money List Winner

Since then Neymar was sold, moving the goal posts so far. The game is changing all the time
    I remember a manager (maybe Mourinho but could be wrong) after the Neymar fee said there was no problem with the very very best being transferred for crazy fees, the problem is that it was such a shift "average" players (relative term before th pitchforks come out ) that were previously £15/£20/£25m become £65/£70/£75m

Liverpool desperately need to improve at the back but the PL is eating itself. Bonucci went to Milan for £30m and, in my view, is a much better defender than VVD.
    H'cap = 4.5

klopp has been slated for the last 18months for not improving our CBís, he goes and does that and now heís getting it for spending too much money.....
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 27-Dec-2017 at 22:05.

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post
    I remember a manager (maybe Mourinho but could be wrong) after the Neymar fee said there was no problem with the very very best being transferred for crazy fees, the problem is that it was such a shift "average" players (relative term before th pitchforks come out ) that were previously £15/£20/£25m become £65/£70/£75m

Liverpool desperately need to improve at the back but the PL is eating itself. Bonucci went to Milan for £30m and, in my view, is a much better defender than VVD.
    Yeah im pretty sure that was Jose. I know it doesn't matter to a lot of the fans, but players like Neymar/Pogba etc command higher fees because they offer so much from a commercial point of view on top of what they offer on the pitch.

Thats mocking you, not trying to get a serious point over to score points Or, maybe the Ev are my kriptonite and I just can't help myself
    Iím mocking yous £75mil for a one season wonder!