Page 268 of 1011 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 10105
  1. #2671
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,893

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Is it a liverpool custom to leave 10 mins early

  2. #2672
    Money List Winner sawtooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    7,245

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    Can only blame Klopp for the second goal he knew we needed a CB those two are just not good enough.
    Sala could have had us comfortable but his final ball and finishing is not good enough.
    This will be hard to watch now.
    Ha Ha , what happened to the world class Klopp today?

  3. #2673
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    11,510

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Ha Ha , what happened to the world class Klopp today?
    Not sure he was playing.... mind you, it certainly puts Arsenal's demise into stark perspective. Beaten 4-0 by Liverpool, who were beaten 5-0 by City. Arsenal looking more like mid-table mediocrity?

    PS - I'll keep my trousers on for a wee while yet.
    Last edited by Hobbit; 09-Sep-2017 at 14:10.
    Give it big humpties

  4. #2674
    Money List Winner sawtooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    7,245

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Not sure he was playing.... mind you, it certainly puts Arsenal's demise into stark perspective. Beaten 4-0 by Liverpool, who were beaten 3-0 by City. Arsenal looking more like mid-table mediocrity?

    PS - I'll keep my trousers on for a wee while yet.
    Yes using your logic Brian City will beat Arsenal 9-0, that won't happen.

  5. #2675
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Worcester Park
    Posts
    5,744

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    That is a joke of a red card.
    That's a joke of a comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    It's a 50-50, Mane was looking directly at the ball. It's a foul sure, but absolutely not a red card.
    None of which alters the fact that it is as clear a case of endangering an opponent as you will see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Well done ref - that's a shocking red card - a foul yep prob and maybe a yellow , it's a 50/50 challenge and it's unfortunate that he got injured but it's never a red card and teams get punished by their poor decisions and there is no way they are held accountable for their poor decisions
    The only thing that's shocking is the bias; if that had been Costa on Mignolet you'd have been screaming for him to be banned for life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Hence why it's a foul yes and possibly a yellow but it's in no way deliberate or hasn't gone out to injure the player. Eye on the ball all the way
    Possibly a yellow…….. you won't see a more blatant red all season. Deliberate and not going out to injure are irrelevant, as I'm sure you're well aware.

  6. #2676
    Tour Winner Dan2501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,363

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    The Oxlade-Chamberlain effect.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

    Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

    Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

    Handicap: 14.0

    Lancaster GC

  7. #2677
    Money List Winner bluewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Appley Bridge (Not Skem)
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Was a red all day long.. I can't believe that anyone is arguing that it isn't.. Baffling..
    TM M2 - Rogue Black stiff shaft
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM RBZ 18* Hybrid
    Srixon z u45 3 Iron
    Titleist 714 AP2 irons
    Vokey wedges
    Odyssey Fang Tank

  8. #2678
    Major Champion chrisd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    18,562

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
    Was a red all day long.. I can't believe that anyone is arguing that it isn't.. Baffling..
    Or blind fanaticism ?
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

    Handicap 12.0

  9. #2679
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    37,612

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
    Was a red all day long.. I can't believe that anyone is arguing that it isn't.. Baffling..
    I think looking at lots of the comments on social media from both fans of all teams and pundits etc it's pretty much a split between some saying it's a red and some saying a yellow and it's harsh - understand Pep said it's prob not a red. The main thing though is that the keeper is ok and no serious injury to him. Shame though as it was a close game split by a wonderful pass from De Bryune. Team fell apart after that second went in. City deserved to win - clinical whilst we missed early chances , 5 nil was prob more a result of the red card and won't read too much into it . Not sure why he took of Salah though. City do look very very good going forward - especially when Silva and Ilkay still to come into the team.

    Do wonder why the ref did nothing when Otemendi came flying into Mane when he got taken out by Fernandinho- he was already on a yellow card and should have been a second one.

  10. #2680
    Money List Winner bluewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Appley Bridge (Not Skem)
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    I think looking at lots of the comments on social media from both fans of all teams and pundits etc it's pretty much a split between some saying it's a red and some saying a yellow and it's harsh - understand Pep said it's prob not a red. The main thing though is that the keeper is ok and no serious injury to him. Shame though as it was a close game split by a wonderful pass from De Bryune. Team fell apart after that second went in. City deserved to win - clinical whilst we missed early chances , 5 nil was prob more a result of the red card and won't read too much into it . Not sure why he took of Salah though. City do look very very good going forward - especially when Silva and Ilkay still to come into the team.

    Do wonder why the ref did nothing when Otemendi came flying into Mane when he got taken out by Fernandinho- he was already on a yellow card and should have been a second one.
    Anyone saying that it isn't is either a Liverpool fan or someone who wants a return to the football of the 60's/70's.. Hang on??? It could be a fair bet that any non-Liverpool fan who says that it isn't is probably a Brexit voter....
    TM M2 - Rogue Black stiff shaft
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM RBZ 18* Hybrid
    Srixon z u45 3 Iron
    Titleist 714 AP2 irons
    Vokey wedges
    Odyssey Fang Tank

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

#KeepItGreen campaign gets Major support

Major winners Sergio Garcia and Louis Oosthuizen have joined forces in support of #KeepItGreen, a new campaign created by Sentosa Golf Club to tackle sustainability and participation growth

January 21, 2018

Take a look inside the world-famous Abu Dhabi Golf Club

Watch this video and take a look inside the world-famous Abu Dhabi Golf Club in the UAE

January 21, 2018

LAAC day 1: Defending champ Gana shares lead

Defending LAAC champion Toto Gana of Chile shares the lead after the first round in Santiago. He’s tied at the top with Mark Montenegro of Argentina and Colombia’s Pablo Torres.

January 20, 2018

Latin America Amateur Championship Preview

The fourth instalment of the Latin America Amateur Championship takes place this week at the Prince of Wales CC in Santiago, Chile. The winner will play in the 2018 Masters.

January 19, 2018

Callaway Rogue Hybrids and Irons Unveiled

Callaway Rogue Hybrids and Irons Unveiled - Two hybrids and four irons join the Rogue woods promising extra distance with improved sound and feel

January 18, 2018