Page 255 of 337 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3365
    Medal Winner

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

I would imagine the hope is that it will put pressure on Uefa to bring the rest of the countries in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-ze...enger-11126302

"Strong financial position" and "good enough squad to compete". Never change Arsene, never change.
    That's what you get when you have a manager that acts more like a chairman and is more concerned about the perceived financials than the results on the pitch.

His comments and his views are totally the oppisite of what a football managers should be, as they should be knocking on the boards door screaming for money to spend and build squads and buy the best players acailable to compete in all competitions with the PL & CL being the top 2 targets.

He's almost a conflict of interest and thinks he's the CEO, FD and Manager all rolled into one 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    I would imagine the hope is that it will put pressure on Uefa to bring the rest of the countries in line.
    They'll do what they want to do and won't be pressured into anything, unfortunately, and they'll see it as an advantage for European clubs over England, who they won't give a second thought to.

It's a daft decision and will backfire on all those that voted for it, who are possibly those not in the top half of the table each season.

I'd be interested to see who voted yes and the margin it was won on

Yes it's nice to start the season with the players you expect to keep, but if the rest of Europe can still upset players and put in offers after we start, we'll that's just a nonsense.
    Last edited by Fish; 07-Sep-2017 at 16:21.

I think it is a good move by the PL. Foreign clubs can agitate all they like but PL clubs know when their window closes that they can not buy a replacement, the player knows this as well, and so unless the offer is ludicrous then nothing will happen. I may be wrong and some transfers will happen but I suspect clubs are more likely to stand firm when they can not use the money they bring in for another 4 months.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    They'll do what they want to do and won't be pressured into anything, unfortunately, and they'll see it as an advantage for European clubs over England, who they won't give a second thought to.

It's a daft decision and will backfire on all those that voted for it, who are possibly those not in the top half of the table each season.

I'd be interested to see who voted yes and the margin it was won on

Yes it's nice to start the season with the players you expect to keep, but if the rest of Europe can still upset players and put in offers after we start, we'll that's just a nonsense.
    14 for, five against, one abstained.

Proper footie back tomorrow. Tough game for us, but, i can't remember a time we had so much attacking flair. Only change from the Arsenal game will be Mignolet I reckon. Although the Ox could start ahead of Can?

Obviously love a win, but would take a point.

Whats the City view point Tashy?
    H'cap 14.8

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I think it is a good move by the PL. Foreign clubs can agitate all they like but PL clubs know when their window closes that they can not buy a replacement, the player knows this as well, and so unless the offer is ludicrous then nothing will happen. I may be wrong and some transfers will happen but I suspect clubs are more likely to stand firm when they can not use the money they bring in for another 4 months.
    Yep this exactly, our window is now shut, no moves regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    Proper footie back tomorrow. Tough game for us, but, i can't remember a time we had so much attacking flair. Only change from the Arsenal game will be Mignolet I reckon. Although the Ox could start ahead of Can?

Can't see Ox starting this game but expect to see him and Coutinho on then bench - Coutinho certainly didn't look like top unhappy to be back training

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post

will be there Saturday then on the razz overnight in Manchester. To be honest I don't really know what team Pep will be picking. It's happy problems though. He will be playing three at the back, de Bryne has been sitting deep and pinging it everywhere. Both Silvas could start and the Silva from Monaco looks a steal at 40 million.
    Really looking forward to the game, Everton was an odd un being down to 10 men, with the other two games where City tried to break down 10 man defences. Liverpool will be the first game where both teams should be confident. There could be a bucketful of goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    The Pl should ask UEFA to consider shutting the transfer window Europe wide, based on the final Friday night after the CL and EL group stages being finalised.

The 2nd leg of the final qualifiers are normally most of the way into Europe and only one league game having been played. UEFA can then say, its based around their own competitions.