Page 255 of 547 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 5468
  1. #2541
    Medal Winner
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    I would imagine the hope is that it will put pressure on Uefa to bring the rest of the countries in line.

  2. #2542
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    19,009

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-ze...enger-11126302

    "Strong financial position" and "good enough squad to compete". Never change Arsene, never change.
    That's what you get when you have a manager that acts more like a chairman and is more concerned about the perceived financials than the results on the pitch.

    His comments and his views are totally the oppisite of what a football managers should be, as they should be knocking on the boards door screaming for money to spend and build squads and buy the best players acailable to compete in all competitions with the PL & CL being the top 2 targets.

    He's almost a conflict of interest and thinks he's the CEO, FD and Manager all rolled into one 😜

  3. #2543
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    19,009

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    I would imagine the hope is that it will put pressure on Uefa to bring the rest of the countries in line.
    They'll do what they want to do and won't be pressured into anything, unfortunately, and they'll see it as an advantage for European clubs over England, who they won't give a second thought to.

    It's a daft decision and will backfire on all those that voted for it, who are possibly those not in the top half of the table each season.

    I'd be interested to see who voted yes and the margin it was won on

    Yes it's nice to start the season with the players you expect to keep, but if the rest of Europe can still upset players and put in offers after we start, we'll that's just a nonsense.
    Last edited by Fish; 07-Sep-2017 at 16:21.

  4. #2544
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    7,454

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    I think it is a good move by the PL. Foreign clubs can agitate all they like but PL clubs know when their window closes that they can not buy a replacement, the player knows this as well, and so unless the offer is ludicrous then nothing will happen. I may be wrong and some transfers will happen but I suspect clubs are more likely to stand firm when they can not use the money they bring in for another 4 months.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

  5. #2545
    Tour Winner Kellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    York
    Posts
    3,304

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    They'll do what they want to do and won't be pressured into anything, unfortunately, and they'll see it as an advantage for European clubs over England, who they won't give a second thought to.

    It's a daft decision and will backfire on all those that voted for it, who are possibly those not in the top half of the table each season.

    I'd be interested to see who voted yes and the margin it was won on

    Yes it's nice to start the season with the players you expect to keep, but if the rest of Europe can still upset players and put in offers after we start, we'll that's just a nonsense.
    14 for, five against, one abstained.

  6. #2546
    Journeyman Pro davemc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,450

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Proper footie back tomorrow. Tough game for us, but, i can't remember a time we had so much attacking flair. Only change from the Arsenal game will be Mignolet I reckon. Although the Ox could start ahead of Can?

    Obviously love a win, but would take a point.



    Whats the City view point Tashy?
    H'cap 14.8

  7. #2547
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    223

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I think it is a good move by the PL. Foreign clubs can agitate all they like but PL clubs know when their window closes that they can not buy a replacement, the player knows this as well, and so unless the offer is ludicrous then nothing will happen. I may be wrong and some transfers will happen but I suspect clubs are more likely to stand firm when they can not use the money they bring in for another 4 months.
    Yep this exactly, our window is now shut, no moves regardless.

  8. #2548
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    36,986

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    Proper footie back tomorrow. Tough game for us, but, i can't remember a time we had so much attacking flair. Only change from the Arsenal game will be Mignolet I reckon. Although the Ox could start ahead of Can?

    Obviously love a win, but would take a point.



    Whats the City view point Tashy?
    Can't see Ox starting this game but expect to see him and Coutinho on then bench - Coutinho certainly didn't look like top unhappy to be back training

  9. #2549
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,470

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    Proper footie back tomorrow. Tough game for us, but, i can't remember a time we had so much attacking flair. Only change from the Arsenal game will be Mignolet I reckon. Although the Ox could start ahead of Can?

    Obviously love a win, but would take a point.



    Whats the City view point Tashy?
    will be there Saturday then on the razz overnight in Manchester. To be honest I don't really know what team Pep will be picking. It's happy problems though. He will be playing three at the back, de Bryne has been sitting deep and pinging it everywhere. Both Silvas could start and the Silva from Monaco looks a steal at 40 million.
    Really looking forward to the game, Everton was an odd un being down to 10 men, with the other two games where City tried to break down 10 man defences. Liverpool will be the first game where both teams should be confident. There could be a bucketful of goals.

  10. #2550
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    13,088

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I think it is a good move by the PL. Foreign clubs can agitate all they like but PL clubs know when their window closes that they can not buy a replacement, the player knows this as well, and so unless the offer is ludicrous then nothing will happen. I may be wrong and some transfers will happen but I suspect clubs are more likely to stand firm when they can not use the money they bring in for another 4 months.
    The Pl should ask UEFA to consider shutting the transfer window Europe wide, based on the final Friday night after the CL and EL group stages being finalised.

    The 2nd leg of the final qualifiers are normally most of the way into Europe and only one league game having been played. UEFA can then say, its based around their own competitions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Black Friday Adidas Deals

Adidas have a superb sale on for Black Friday with 30% off everything - including the already reduced prices on their outlet

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Golf Deals

Black Friday is the busiest time for shoppers to find great deals on the web, there are plenty of golf deals that are on offer on the day and before and after, we have collated the best ones we have found on the internet

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Nike Golf Deals

There are some outstanding offers for men and women on the Nike store this Black Friday

November 22, 2017

Better Than Half-Priced Adidas Adicross Gripmore 2.0 Shoes for £48.97

Check out these super Adidas Adicross Gripmore 2.0 Shoes part of the excellent adidas Black Friday sale

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Deals Best Golf Shoes 2017

Best Golf Shoes 2017 - New technology and styling mean there has never been as much choice in the golf shoe market. Here are 11 of the best golf shoes 2017

November 22, 2017