Page 1571 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 5711071147115211561156915701571157215731581 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,710 of 16046

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Everton fans punching above their weight, they need to know their place
    Seems like Fish is worrying about holding on to 5th place next year
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

I could understand when a team is on the brink and could be drawn into the relegation zone to play for a much needed point in that way, even at home, but, when your 9 points clear of relegation and in the top half of the league, Id be very annoyed and disappointed with that kind of performance.

It was a Shocking performance and style of play (loose term) by Everton, but does Sam know any other way, and if not Everton fans can expect more of the same, irrelevant of the opposition.
    I disagree, you were 9 points clear of the relegation zone before a ball was kicked today and playing at home and should have had a little more confidence after recent results, so I think your performance, if you can calling that, was shocking today!
    Some fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, it's one thing having ambitions but true expectations are hugely against some clubs that are sacking their managers who have done what was expected of them for the last few months.

Big Sam did what he does best, dug out a team in free-fall and being threatened with relegation and not only saved them, but got them up to a respectable position. A position I personally think is where there at as a club, mid table but at the slightly higher end of that middle band of clubs.

Big Sam negotiated his contract perfectly, he was never going to accept 12 months or to the end of the season, his 18 month contract was an assured that if he failed, he got sacked and paid off, if he was successful and was going to be replaced (sacked), he was getting a pay off, he was always in a strong position to get what he wanted and he played it perfectly, he's very astute.

Big Sam should be applauded for saving Everton, you never know, he might be back there quicker than you think if Silva fails, you'll then be calling for Sam to save you again!!

Everton fans punching above their weight, they need to know their place
    First off, nice one Robin, less than 24hrs after my supposed last post for the season.

The top 2 quotes are yours from the Everton v Chelsea game in Dec, it hasnt got any better, what your saw against us never improved.

Apparently we were in freefall at the end of Nov but in Dec after 3 games under Sam we werent!

Nobody needs to wake up and smell coffee, weve not slept since he come in.

What the majority on here seem to be saying is teams should finish were expected regardless of style of play. Well Im sorry, I disagree, every team bar 3 has gone backwards this season and one of them has been crucified for style of play.

Ill ask you the question others have avoided.
    If Conte gets sacked would you take Sam playing his way if he guaranteed Chelsea top 4 football for the next 3-4 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Seems a bit odd talking about the merry go round of managers and City not being mentioned. Flippin eck we have got through some managers over the years. Feel the pain boys. Feel the pain.
    enjoy it while it lasts next year and maybe year after then join the fun.........

Quote Originally Posted by virgilvdk View Post
    Since he left what have you won? A league cup. you didnt want Hodgson from the gekko and Everton fans didnt especially want Allardyce, I am simply commenting on the irony of telling the poor liitle toffees they should be happy with their lot, but it was OK for you to drive out Hodgson.
    Firstly it was LP saying about Everton, not me. Is LP's opinion always representative of all Liverpool fans, all of the time?

Secondly, you havent given one decent reason why we should have kept him, based on what he had shown whilst he was here.

You clearly havent got the first clue about football, have you.

And whats Lizards got to do with it?

Blackballed

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Firstly it was LP saying about Everton, not me. Is LP's opinion always representative of all Liverpool fans, all of the time?

Secondly, you havent given one decent reason why we should have kept him, based on what he had shown whilst he was here.

You clearly havent got the first clue about football, have you.

And whats Lizards got to do with it?
    It's responses like these that just make me shake my head and walk away.

It's responses like these that just make me shake my head and walk away.
    Dont look back.....😜

Blackballed

94 miliion pounds for finishing last...

http://www.football365.com/news/prem...t-brom-get-94m

94 miliion pounds for finishing last...

http://www.football365.com/news/prem...t-brom-get-94m
    will be loose change (pro rata) compared to the proposed Club World Cup, where 50m for turning up for 3 games will be on offer 24 clubs 12 european, teams with 3 european cups invited so no greatest teams ever (gorton globetrotters or invicibles)

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown7582 View Post
    will be loose change (pro rata) compared to the proposed Club World Cup, where 50m for turning up for 3 games will be on offer 24 clubs 12 european, teams with 3 european cups invited so no greatest teams ever (gorton globetrotters or invicibles)
    Where would the other 12 be from?

I can see there would be money in this but from a fans perspective, clearly one who's team will not be involved, I would not be turning on to watch. Even for those who's team would be involved would it excite you? Would you care?
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Where would the other 12 be from?

I can see there would be money in this but from a fans perspective, clearly one who's team will not be involved, I would not be turning on to watch. Even for those who's team would be involved would it excite you? Would you care?

its a load of nonsense as far as im concerned really (but did have a top trip to Brazil in 2000) it is planned to expand June 2021 so falls in between Euros and WC, 12 european and rest from around the world guess 6 south american and then maybe 1 representative from the other world wide federations similar to the 8 team job currently played in december.