Page 42 of 547 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 5468
  1. #411
    Money List Winner sawtooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Lacazette looked great in his debut today and got a goal too.👍

    He looks like Henry but about a foot shorter.

  2. #412
    Money List Winner sawtooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Walker off to City for £50M Wow,

    I don't blame Spurs as there isn't much they could do. Welcome to my world, Arsenal had seasons of having to sell their best players sometimes to rival clubs as well but Wenger kept Arsenal competitive despite that.

    Can Poch do the same for Spurs? Maybe.
    "No matter what happens one day, I will always love this club forever and be an eternal fan. I dedicate my life to make you happy"

    Arsene Wenger 2017

  3. #413
    Ryder Cup Winner Pin-seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,559

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Walker off to City for £50M Wow,

    I don't blame Spurs as there isn't much they could do. Welcome to my world, Arsenal had seasons of having to sell their best players sometimes to rival clubs as well but Wenger kept Arsenal competitive despite that.

    Can Poch do the same for Spurs? Maybe.
    Will someone give Sawtooth some attention please 🙄

  4. #414
    Ryder Cup Winner fundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milton Keynes, Bucks
    Posts
    13,107

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Walker off to City for £50M Wow,

    I don't blame Spurs as there isn't much they could do. Welcome to my world, Arsenal had seasons of having to sell their best players sometimes to rival clubs as well but Wenger kept Arsenal competitive despite that.

    Can Poch do the same for Spurs? Maybe.
    A full back who is basically an athlete, not the best tackler or crosser and not in Spurs top 5 players. Pretty clear who's getting the better of this deal. Fee wouldnt be 20m if he wasnt English
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

    Handicap: 7

  5. #415
    Tour Winner Beezerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,926

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by fundy View Post
    A full back who is basically an athlete, not the best tackler or crosser and not in Spurs top 5 players. Pretty clear who's getting the better of this deal. Fee wouldnt be 20m if he wasnt English
    You forgot poor defender in that sentence, daydreams and ball watches far too much, he often gets caught out of position when playing for England as well.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

  6. #416
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    19,008

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Walker off to City for £50M Wow,

    I don't blame Spurs as there isn't much they could do. Welcome to my world, Arsenal had seasons of having to sell their best players sometimes to rival clubs as well but Wenger kept Arsenal competitive despite that.

    Can Poch do the same for Spurs? Maybe.
    'Having to sell their best players' why?

    If you were successful and competing for top honours which a professional footballer wants and desires in their short careers then they wouldn't want to leave and if the club was competitive without them surely they were stronger with them, so why sell them, more so why to rivals?

    so why did Arsenal as you have quoted 'having to sell' them?

  7. #417
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    13,088

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Lacazette looked great in his debut today and got a goal too.

    He looks like Henry but about a foot shorter.
    Why has he only got one leg?

    No wonder you got him cheap.

  8. #418
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,235

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Lacazette looked great in his debut today and got a goal too.👍

    He looks like Henry but about a foot shorter.

    So he really doesn't look like him does he?

  9. #419
    Money List Winner sawtooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    So he really doesn't look like him does he?
    He does to me, just a smaller version. Only one game in and against weak opposition but first impression is a good one.

  10. #420
    Money List Winner sawtooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    'Having to sell their best players' why?

    If you were successful and competing for top honours which a professional footballer wants and desires in their short careers then they wouldn't want to leave and if the club was competitive without them surely they were stronger with them, so why sell them, more so why to rivals?

    so why did Arsenal as you have quoted 'having to sell' them?
    Why sell them? Are you serious? Exactly the same reason why Walker is off to City. £5M signing on fee in his back pocket and probably £200K a week , probably 3x what he earns now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Black Friday Adidas Deals

Adidas have a superb sale on for Black Friday with 30% off everything - including the already reduced prices on their outlet

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Golf Deals

Black Friday is the busiest time for shoppers to find great deals on the web, there are plenty of golf deals that are on offer on the day and before and after, we have collated the best ones we have found on the internet

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Nike Golf Deals

There are some outstanding offers for men and women on the Nike store this Black Friday

November 22, 2017

Better Than Half-Priced Adidas Adicross Gripmore 2.0 Shoes for £48.97

Check out these super Adidas Adicross Gripmore 2.0 Shoes part of the excellent adidas Black Friday sale

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Deals Best Golf Shoes 2017

Best Golf Shoes 2017 - New technology and styling mean there has never been as much choice in the golf shoe market. Here are 11 of the best golf shoes 2017

November 22, 2017