Page 128 of 412 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 4117

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Why would anyone care about what a thug and rule breaker has to say. He's a total irrelevance

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Why would anyone care about what a thug and rule breaker has to say. He's a total irrelevance
    I agree,but he does make some valid points about Klopp.

In Europe it is standard that a director of football buys the players and the coach deals with what he is given. Been like that for years. Klopp has always worked within that system so this is nothing new for him.

Well, Chelsea lost....and I watched Brighton v Man City...so one sided it was rather dull
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Absolute quality from Arsenal. Fair play to Leicester who played very well and looked like the Leicester of old make no mistake they will take points of top sides this season.

Enormous credit to Wenger for making the telling tactical substitutions and for turning the game on its head.

Very pleased for Holding, OK he made some mistakes but he is only 21 and still learning his trade.

Great to see Lacazette get off to a flying start and he will score plenty more goals this season.

Ramsey showed his quality and when oh when will people realise just how good Giroud is. Been saying it forever, the guy is class and does not get the credit that he deserves.

Tough edgy game with still Kos, Mustafi, Sanchez to come back.

A great 3 points.
    Jesus Christ 😂😂
    In The Bag & Club:
    • Driver - Titleist 913D2 9.5° - Diamana 62 S+ Blue
    • Fairway Wood - Cobra King F7 15.5° Draw Bias - Fujikura Pro 65S
    • Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 19° - Diamana S+ 70 Silver
    • Irons - Titleist AP2 716 4 - PW - Dynamic Gold XP 115 S300 - Std Length, 1° Upright
    • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 50°, 54° & 58° all V-MG
    • Putter - Ping Cadence TR Anser 2
    • Balls - Vice Pro+
    • HCP 2017 - 12.4 > 12.0 > 11.4 > 11.6
    • Sandbach Golf Club
    • www.sandbachgolfclub.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in Munich View Post
    I'm not convinced the second Fabregas yellow was correct (but I was looking through people so am prepared to stand corrected on that)
    You were certainly right. It was never a yellow. It should have been a straight red. Ref took the easy way out.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in Munich View Post
    God only knows why. The issue was that he booked Alonso in the 3rd minute for what appeared to be a nothing incident. He then spectacularly failed to apply the same standards to pretty much every other decision he made. He exonerated a worse challenge than the Alonso one by holding up 1 finger, clearly indicating that your first one was a freebie (unless you're called Alonso). There were two clear deliberate handballs in the area that he waved away, he kept waving at Burnley players telling them to hurry up (but not booking them), pointing at his watch, and then didn't add the time, there was a scissor tackle from behind on Morata waved away as a yellow, I'm not convinced the second Fabregas yellow was correct (but I was looking through people so am prepared to stand corrected on that), the list goes on.

He was absolutely right for Cahill, but that was about the only one.

I don't expect my team to get every decision, but I do expect to see the standards applied evenly to both teams. They weren't.
    Can't comment on some of your points - MOTD didn't show either of the possible handballs in the area, the scissor tackle on Morata or the time wasting. Cahill and Fabragas red cards looked like the right decisions. Disagree with the pundits that the second yellow for Fabregas could have been a straight red but he was late, didn't get the ball and took out the Burnley player so a definite yellow. 5 mins of added time might have been a bit tight especially given the red card in the second half.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    Can't comment on some of your points - MOTD didn't show either of the possible handballs in the area, the scissor tackle on Morata or the time wasting. Cahill and Fabragas red cards looked like the right decisions. Disagree with the pundits that the second yellow for Fabregas could have been a straight red but he was late, didn't get the ball and took out the Burnley player so a definite yellow. 5 mins of added time might have been a bit tight especially given the red card in the second half.
    Been out so still haven't seen Fabregas, but if 5 minutes was tight the 4 they put up on the board was positively skinny. Cahill from the other end of the ground was the correct decision, I've no argument with that one.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    In Europe it is standard that a director of football buys the players and the coach deals with what he is given. Been like that for years. Klopp has always worked within that system so this is nothing new for him.
    Shocking defending from reds , chaos in box we just can't defend crosses.
    Just can't see why strikers are brought back to defend corners then don't even attack the ball.
    I still think the midfield is not good enough.
    we still need a general in the middle.
    How the ref can't see an offside where the man is standing on the goal line with the keeper
    Bring on the videos.
    Another frustrating season me thinks!

May only be for a day but Huddersfield Town are top of the Premier League!!!

Absolutely buzzing!

Still can't believe we're up there and mixing it with the big boys. If only for a season, it's purely magical.
    With the astute signings Wagner has made though, I get the feeling we may well Defy the odds and stay in the top flight.

UTT!!!