Page 361 of 410 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 4098
    Challenge Tour Pro

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

So we have a dodgy defence, no creativity in midfield and struggle to score goals,mmmmm not a successful recipe for winning a world cup.
    Handicap: 10
    : TM R11s Driver stiff 9.5
    Callaway XR 4 wood

Shineys;Srixon z545 5-Pw Irons
    Cleveland 48 and 54 wedges
    Callaway 58 wedge
    Odyssey Two Ball Fang Super stroke
    Titleist or Srixon balls

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by paddyc View Post
    So we have a dodgy defence, no creativity in midfield and struggle to score goals,mmmmm not a successful recipe for winning a world cup.
    Not with this team.

Watched an England game all the way through for the first time in a long time. If it was a boxing match they'd have lost on points, but like boxing a knockout can still win it for you.

They missed Delli Ali. Sterling had another shocker, as did Henderson. I had hoped that once Gerrard retired Henderson would come out from the shadow but in reality he's just a slow unimaginative clogger. Being second to so many tackles will lead to injuries and bookings.

I thought Hart did a decent job, as did Cahill but they need another solid CB and someone to boss the midfield.
    Give it big humpties

Ryder Cup Winner

22 shots, 4 miracle saves, 2 hit the crossbar, 1 decent penalty claim turned down and we win with a sclaffy last minute own goal conceded by the best player on the pitch.

Supporting Scotland can be pretty tough.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMickie View Post
    Can someone please tell me who are the creative English midfielders.

As I have often said the creative players, the ones who can do something different, are foreign far as I can see.
    Still have Lallana to come back and I would put Wilshere in the squad as well if he can prove his fitness.
    H'cap 8.9

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Just hope you can do it. Would be great to see you in the play offs and even better if you get there. Need as many home nations in these comps as possible
    Why?
    I've never really understood this.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMickie View Post
    Can someone please tell me who are the creative English midfielders.

As I have often said the creative players, the ones who can do something different, are foreign far as I can see.
    Dele Alli was sorely missed last night. He's about all I can think of right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Watched an England game all the way through for the first time in a long time. If it was a boxing match they'd have lost on points, but like boxing a knockout can still win it for you.

They missed Delli Ali. Sterling had another shocker, as did Henderson. I had hoped that once Gerrard retired Henderson would come out from the shadow but in reality he's just a slow unimaginative clogger. Being second to so many tackles will lead to injuries and bookings.

I thought Hart did a decent job, as did Cahill but they need another solid CB and someone to boss the midfield.
    They are as poor a pair of England players that I can remember, absolutely shocking and should be nowhere near the final World Cup squad ...................... but, sadly, will be.
    Phil Jones.
    Cobra Bio Cell 9.5º Project X PXv graphite shaft - Stiff flex.
    TM R11 Hybrid 18º, Aldila RIP Reg Shaft.
    Callaway Big Bertha 4 wood. (Go to club).
    TM R11's 4 - SW Regular steel.
    TM R11 50° Attack Wedge.
    Titleist
    Vokey Spin Milled 60º Lob Wedge.
    Scotty Cameron
    Studio Select Fastback No. 1.5.
    Loads & loads of golf balls.
    15,799 Swing thoughts. Rules book. 7 year old lucky tee peg (Broken).
    Hope............lots of hope.

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post

Sterling was played out of position to accommodate a horribly out of form Ox. When he moved back into a normal position I don't think he did too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Slime View Post
    Why?
    I've never really understood this.

Dele Alli was sorely missed last night. He's about all I can think of right now!

They are as poor a pair of England players that I can remember, absolutely shocking and should be nowhere near the final World Cup squad ...................... but, sadly, will be.
    Phil Jones.
    You mention players that shouldn’t be near the squad then bring in Phil Jones that should be

That’s nearly as funny as someone mentioning Wilshire

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    You mention players that shouldn’t be near the squad then bring in Phil Jones that should be

That’s nearly as funny as someone mentioning Wilshire
    Phil Jones has probably been the most consistent English CB so far this season. I'm no great fan of him but given the alternatives I'm not sure who's better right now for England.

Agreed on Wilshere, creative? Eh? He's just a nothing entity. Doesn't do anything particularly well.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

The telling factor was that when we A/ got wide B/ put in a decent cross = goal

Rashford got in some great wide positions in the 1st half but then entirely failed to cross the ball with any competence, reminded me of Milner on that front. I really don't get how difficult some professional players find it to cross a ball. Get Leighton Baines to do some training sessions, Beckham as well if he is not too busy taking selfies. It's a relative simple skill that too many seem unable to manage. The goal showed that crossing a ball is not all about old fashioned British centre forward play in the air, it was a cross on the ground.

Ali is more box to box, not a creative player as such. A fit and functioning Barkley would fill that role but he has not progressed as much as we would have liked. A move to Spurs in January may re-ignite his career and he could play that key role in Russia.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter