Page 342 of 410 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 4097
  1. #3411
    Ryder Cup Winner Pin-seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,429

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_G View Post
    For me Liverpools team are lacking a spine, for years pundits have been going on about all great sides have one

    70's Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea

    They need a goalkeeper who commands his area, a leader at centreback, a solid centre midfield, and a 20 goal a season striker

    Sounds easy when you write it down
    Should be easy really.
    Apparently all the worlds greatest players would be arriving at Anfield to play under Flopp.

  2. #3412
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_G View Post
    For me Liverpools team are lacking a spine, for years pundits have been going on about all great sides have one

    70's Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea

    They need a goalkeeper who commands his area, a leader at centreback, a solid centre midfield, and a 20 goal a season striker

    Sounds easy when you write it down
    yes totally agree with this but apparently it's not that easy.

    I thought Klopp would have the clout in the transfer market.

    Pickford went to Everton I don't think we were interested but should have been.

    CB and CM are not that easy Kieta should be good but that's next year?

    At the end of the day the strikers didn't do their jobs we had enough chances to win last night and most other games this season.
    Even the city game we were well in that until the red card!

  3. #3413
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    512

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    yes totally agree with this but apparently it's not that easy.

    I thought Klopp would have the clout in the transfer market.

    Pickford went to Everton I don't think we were interested but should have been.

    CB and CM are not that easy Kieta should be good but that's next year?

    At the end of the day the strikers didn't do their jobs we had enough chances to win last night and most other games this season.
    Even the city game we were well in that until the red card!
    that sounds a lot like united last year. We created so many chances but kept drawing games.

  4. #3414

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    If you go back on this thread at the end of last season it was blaring obvious that Liverpools defense needed strengthening especially the GK , still the same now. I liked Roy Keenes assessment the other week something along the lines that Liverpool have no chance of wining the league or C/L

  5. #3415
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    that sounds a lot like united last year. We created so many chances but kept drawing games.
    Yes you will if you don't take your chances.

    The big problem with this is it puts a lot of pressure on the defence not to make any mistakes.
    This is hilighted when you draw a game you have had 80% possession and drawn the defence sort of gets the blame.

    Imo Liverpool are no better than last year , you can hear it in the stands from the fans, but listen to Klopp after the game we sound like world beaters.

    We bought a left back the lads played a couple of games and played well , he can cross a ball well but where is he , Moreno couldn't cross his legs .

    The possession we had last night was like playing a second division team but we didn't take the chances we made and the final ball was abysmal most of the time.

    I also think Roy Keannes right unfortunately.

  6. #3416
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    512

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    Yes you will if you don't take your chances.

    The big problem with this is it puts a lot of pressure on the defence not to make any mistakes.
    This is hilighted when you draw a game you have had 80% possession and drawn the defence sort of gets the blame.

    Imo Liverpool are no better than last year , you can hear it in the stands from the fans, but listen to Klopp after the game we sound like world beaters.

    We bought a left back the lads played a couple of games and played well , he can cross a ball well but where is he , Moreno couldn't cross his legs .

    The possession we had last night was like playing a second division team but we didn't take the chances we made and the final ball was abysmal most of the time.

    I also think Roy Keannes right unfortunately.

    what do you actually think to klopp? He seems to be doing a decent job compared to where you were before, but just comes out with random comments. To comment after losing the EFL game that he was impressed with how the team played after 8 changes surprised me. All the top teams made similar number of changes

  7. #3417
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    7,182

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    If he is fully recovered from last year's injury then Liverpool should get someone like Jack Butland in, whatever the cost. He is young so they will get 10 years or more out of him. Same as Everton and Pickford. Keepers don't tend to move around much so if you get a good one you get them for most of their career.

  8. #3418
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    what do you actually think to klopp? He seems to be doing a decent job compared to where you were before, but just comes out with random comments. To comment after losing the EFL game that he was impressed with how the team played after 8 changes surprised me. All the top teams made similar number of changes
    I have said many times I am not a fan of Klopp.
    A good team starts with a good defence.

    Name the last team to win the league with a poor defence and keeper?
    We all knew this last year .

  9. #3419
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    36,722

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    I have said many times I am not a fan of Klopp.
    A good team starts with a good defence.

    Name the last team to win the league with a poor defence and keeper?
    We all knew this last year .
    Who would you replace Klopp with - you clearly aren’t a fan of his so who should be manager

  10. #3420
    Ryder Cup Winner Pin-seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,429

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Who would you replace Klopp with - you clearly aren’t a fan of his so who should be manager
    Yes very clearly,in fact he just said as much 🙄

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

11 Of The Best Golf Shoes 2017

Best Golf Shoes 2017 - New technology and styling mean there has never been as much choice in the golf shoe market. Here are 11 of the best golf shoes 2017

October 18, 2017

The CJ Cup Golf Betting Tips

The PGA Tour are holding their first event in South Korea, check out who we think will do well with our The CJ Cup Golf Betting Tips

October 18, 2017

Andalucia Valderrama Masters Golf Betting Tips

Andalucia Valderrama Masters Golf Betting Tips - Can anyone beat Sergio Garcia and Jon Rahm to the title over the incredible Valderrama test

October 17, 2017

South Korea welcomes PGA Tour for CJ Cup

The PGA Tour heads to South Korea this week for the inaugural CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges. An elite, restricted field including Justin Thomas, Jason Day and Adam Scott will tee it up.

October 17, 2017

Sergio Garcia defends and hosts Valderrama Masters

The Andalucia Valderrama Masters returns to the European Tour schedule for the first time since 2011. Sergio Garcia defends and acts as tournament host.

October 17, 2017