Page 342 of 410 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 4097

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by Big_G View Post
    For me Liverpools team are lacking a spine, for years pundits have been going on about all great sides have one

70's Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea

They need a goalkeeper who commands his area, a leader at centreback, a solid centre midfield, and a 20 goal a season striker

Sounds easy when you write it down
    Should be easy really.
    Apparently all the worlds greatest players would be arriving at Anfield to play under Flopp.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Big_G View Post
    For me Liverpools team are lacking a spine, for years pundits have been going on about all great sides have one

70's Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea

They need a goalkeeper who commands his area, a leader at centreback, a solid centre midfield, and a 20 goal a season striker

Sounds easy when you write it down
    yes totally agree with this but apparently it's not that easy.

I thought Klopp would have the clout in the transfer market.

Pickford went to Everton I don't think we were interested but should have been.

CB and CM are not that easy Kieta should be good but that's next year?

At the end of the day the strikers didn't do their jobs we had enough chances to win last night and most other games this season.
    Even the city game we were well in that until the red card!

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    yes totally agree with this but apparently it's not that easy.

I thought Klopp would have the clout in the transfer market.

Pickford went to Everton I don't think we were interested but should have been.

CB and CM are not that easy Kieta should be good but that's next year?

At the end of the day the strikers didn't do their jobs we had enough chances to win last night and most other games this season.
    Even the city game we were well in that until the red card!
    that sounds a lot like united last year. We created so many chances but kept drawing games.

If you go back on this thread at the end of last season it was blaring obvious that Liverpools defense needed strengthening especially the GK , still the same now. I liked Roy Keenes assessment the other week something along the lines that Liverpool have no chance of wining the league or C/L

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    that sounds a lot like united last year. We created so many chances but kept drawing games.
    Yes you will if you don't take your chances.

The big problem with this is it puts a lot of pressure on the defence not to make any mistakes.
    This is hilighted when you draw a game you have had 80% possession and drawn the defence sort of gets the blame.

Imo Liverpool are no better than last year , you can hear it in the stands from the fans, but listen to Klopp after the game we sound like world beaters.

We bought a left back the lads played a couple of games and played well , he can cross a ball well but where is he , Moreno couldn't cross his legs .

The possession we had last night was like playing a second division team but we didn't take the chances we made and the final ball was abysmal most of the time.

I also think Roy Keannes right unfortunately.

Challenge Tour Pro

Yes you will if you don't take your chances.

The big problem with this is it puts a lot of pressure on the defence not to make any mistakes.
    This is hilighted when you draw a game you have had 80% possession and drawn the defence sort of gets the blame.

Imo Liverpool are no better than last year , you can hear it in the stands from the fans, but listen to Klopp after the game we sound like world beaters.

We bought a left back the lads played a couple of games and played well , he can cross a ball well but where is he , Moreno couldn't cross his legs .

The possession we had last night was like playing a second division team but we didn't take the chances we made and the final ball was abysmal most of the time.

I also think Roy Keannes right unfortunately.

what do you actually think to klopp? He seems to be doing a decent job compared to where you were before, but just comes out with random comments. To comment after losing the EFL game that he was impressed with how the team played after 8 changes surprised me. All the top teams made similar number of changes

If he is fully recovered from last year's injury then Liverpool should get someone like Jack Butland in, whatever the cost. He is young so they will get 10 years or more out of him. Same as Everton and Pickford. Keepers don't tend to move around much so if you get a good one you get them for most of their career.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    what do you actually think to klopp? He seems to be doing a decent job compared to where you were before, but just comes out with random comments. To comment after losing the EFL game that he was impressed with how the team played after 8 changes surprised me. All the top teams made similar number of changes
    I have said many times I am not a fan of Klopp.
    A good team starts with a good defence.

Name the last team to win the league with a poor defence and keeper?
    We all knew this last year .

I have said many times I am not a fan of Klopp.
    A good team starts with a good defence.

Name the last team to win the league with a poor defence and keeper?
    We all knew this last year .
    Who would you replace Klopp with - you clearly aren’t a fan of his so who should be manager

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Who would you replace Klopp with - you clearly aren’t a fan of his so who should be manager
    Yes very clearly,in fact he just said as much 🙄