Page 337 of 651 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 6503

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

I was just reading the ref watch thing on sky sports : http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...e-rooney-elbow

And I think I'm totally out of touch with how the game should be reffed, or maybe I see the game totally different to others:

1. I dont agree with the Wayne Rooney incident. The ref says that it was accidental....yet an recent high profile accidental clash that had similar result on the player ended with a red card and 3 game ban.
    2. I disagree again, that is a stamp.
    3. Thats an absolute joke of a decision.... I'm not a utd fan and really dont like mourinho but I cant help thinking the 4th official wanted to be in the spotlight.
    4. Not a penalty for me, Mignolet got the ball and stopped its momentum forward.
    5 The only one I agree with....not a bad tackle but worthy of a yellow.

I haven't seen all of them but I'll join in on those I have:

1. There has been a blanket approach to eliminating wandering elbows, intentional or not. Too many smashed cheek bones and eye sockets. I think it should have been a red for the same reason a two footed tackle that takes the ball is a red, it is dangerous. Accidental or not is irrelevant.
    2. Didn't see
    3. Stay in your area, they all know it. I presume he was given a warning but ignored it. If first time then daft but if not then you have to draw the line at some point
    4. Penalty all day long. Mignolet cleared him out. He may have lightly brushed the ball but he clattered the player.
    5. Didn't see

Same incidents, different opinions
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    3. Stay in your area, they all know it. I presume he was given a warning but ignored it. If first time then daft but if not then you have to draw the line at some point
    Just out of interest and playing devils advocate......

Lets say that Mignolet made better contact with the ball and hit it out for a throw in to Leicester....... but still clatters Vardy in the exact same way. Is it, in your opinion, still a penalty?

Very good point. It certainly muddies the water more. I suspect in my head there is a sliding scale of contact and in this case there was just not enough of keeper on ball before it became keeper on player. You really have to take the ball big time if you are going to take the player out as well.

The same applies with two outfield players. If you are slightly out in your timing then you know what is coming. There seems to a special dispensation for keepers to wallop attackers in that type of situation, I don't see why.

I don't think they are black and white decisions, it is very much judgement / subjective.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post

I don't think they are black and white decisions, it is very much judgement / subjective.
    And I guess thats why, even with panels of people making judgements, that you'll never get the same answer all the time.

In my eyes....the keeper got enough on the ball to change its travel of direction, and that for me is enough that it was just two players colliding going for a 50/50 ball.

I think thats what winds me up about the Rooney incident too..... smashed in the face, cut, bloodied and nothing given. Doesn't make sense to me.

On the Vardy penalty. I think when Mignolet doesn't make clean contact with the ball he is deemed to be either using excessive force in bringing down Vardy or is out of control.

It is an odd one because all it takes for a defender is the merest of touches on the ball in a sliding tackle and the shout goes up ''he got the ball'' even if he ends up emptying the forward.

File it under : I'd want it given for my team.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    On the Vardy penalty. I think when Mignolet doesn't make clean contact with the ball he is deemed to be either using excessive force in bringing down Vardy or is out of control.

It is an odd one because all it takes for a defender is the merest of touches on the ball in a sliding tackle and the shout goes up ''he got the ball'' even if he ends up emptying the forward.

File it under : I'd want it given for my team.
    That was a stonewall penno. Watch how leaves his leg dangling instead of swinging his foot right through it. He's a dope.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    That was a stonewall penno. Watch how leaves his leg dangling instead of swinging his foot right through it. He's a dope.
    Yes after seeing it again I think he bottled it when he seen Vardy coming.
    Most keepers would have caught that ball he had time but changes his mind IMO.

But needs clarifying is it a foul if you get the ball.

We were taught years ago if you go in half hearted you will get hurt, so some force is nessesary.

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    Yes after seeing it again I think he bottled it when he seen Vardy coming.
    Most keepers would have caught that ball he had time but changes his mind IMO.

But needs clarifying is it a foul if you get the ball.

We were taught years ago if you go in half hearted you will get hurt, so some force is nessesary.
    He never got the ball though.

It was a clear foul. The ball was there to be won and he bottled it.
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 25-Sep-2017 at 18:34.

WBA should have had a clear penalty. Bad decision by the ref to try and play an advantage.