Page 329 of 673 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 6728
    Challenge Tour Pro

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    First off, Stu, I have condemned Rooney and made that clear in my posts. This line we had got onto was about the person with him but I have never distracted it away from the fact that HE was over the limit and HE was cheating on his wife and potentially messing up his kids happy lives. He is the idiot number one here, no question. The person he was with was no wallflower though.

PBrown - Odd press conference from Ronnie. It is mighty hard to break through that top 6 in one season so I understand what he is saying. In effect you need 2-3 years to build your squad, get strength in depth and then push through. That is what Tottenham have done. We are in year 1. I'm hoping the easing of our fixture list will help some of the newbies bed in, let Sandro get a few goals and then we can surge on. If we can hit 7th again this year but get closer to the top 6 and also have a cup run then that would be a good year still. Don't underestimate losing 25 goals a year from Lukaku. Inevitable that he was going to move but which team wouldn't miss that? The 6 teams ahead of us have been spending big and building for years. You don't crack through and stay there easily.

The chant - Bizarre. Apparently a Utd thing. If fans are going to sing about you then mentioning you are hung like a horse seems a song you would be pretty happy about. I don't know what Rom has said, whether he objects or whether it is just someone being right on and looking to make a name for themselves. It seems a fuss about nothing, fans are going to pick on something, waistline, big nose, bald head etc and this is sung by his own fans. I think someone is looking to be offended here but maybe I am wrong.
    agree about the chant. Greater Manchester Police have received no complaints, it's a complaint from someone at home to kick it out.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    I have absolutely no sympathy with him getting done for drink driving, but he has not made one statement as to what was or wasn't going to happen with the woman, unless the Police disclosed it, how did the fact she was even in the car get into the media, plus she has told her side to the papers.

Let's be honest, she wasn't going to go with him for free and probably hoped for it to be a nice little earner for quite a while, but once it was out she took the opportunity to have 5 minutes of fame.

As for the community service, I don't remember any Reds posting on here how outraged they were earlier this year when Firmino only got a fine to go with his ban, or is that somehow different? mmmmmm
    Firmino is the same as Rooney or you and me .
    Its about time in this country that our judges treat everyone equal under the law but as we all know the better the lawyer you can afford gets you a better outcome.

But a good judge can stop that inequality by giving a proper sentence , not one to suit your rich lifestyle .

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    Firmino is the same as Rooney or you and me .
    Its about time in this country that our judges treat everyone equal under the law but as we all know the better the lawyer you can afford gets you a better outcome.

But a good judge can stop that inequality by giving a proper sentence , not one to suit your rich lifestyle .
    Do you think this being all over the papers would increase the chances of a tougher sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    yes I do. If she didn't mean any of it to happen then keep quiet and it goes away.

The fact she was in the papers the next day inflamed the whole situation. Do you think it would still be over the news now if she stayed quiet? I really don't see what he was thinking anyway. So many good looking women in that area and he chose her. Shocking
    I dont think it would've went away.

Her profile was in the papers the next day, there was no response from her for sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    I have absolutely no sympathy with him getting done for drink driving, but he has not made one statement as to what was or wasn't going to happen with the woman, unless the Police disclosed it, how did the fact she was even in the car get into the media, plus she has told her side to the papers.

Let's be honest, she wasn't going to go with him for free and probably hoped for it to be a nice little earner for quite a while, but once it was out she took the opportunity to have 5 minutes of fame.

As for the community service, I don't remember any Reds posting on here how outraged they were earlier this year when Firmino only got a fine to go with his ban, or is that somehow different? mmmmmm
    I've just come over with retrospective rage!!!!!!

These shenanigans don't overly bother me, its more for the people who read Hello magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Dunno I think Pulis, Warnock and Allardyce.......oh.......been there before.
    And at the time all 3 of those managers were very popular with the fans. No one should fall for the media spin that Palace fans want to see more attractive 'ajax' type football. We know what we are and we are happy being the underdog, with great wingers and a direct approach it suits us fans down to the ground. If RH gets us results but the football is not brilliant, we will not complain.

Our issue is a Chairman who cares too much! He gets too involved and is also too close to the players. We have lost too many decent managers before we appointed FDB for that not to be the case.

Anyway, off to City this weekend and I fancy a cheeky 1-0 win with around 10% possession and 1 shot on target against City's 25 !!!
    In the bag:
    Taylormade SLDR 9.5 deg
    3 Ping Crossover
    TaylorMade Rocketbalz 19 deg and 21deg rescue.
    Mizuno JPX825pro 4-Pw
    60deg lob wedge Callaway X
    Ping Kedsh Putter

Handicap - 9.6

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    Do you think this being all over the papers would increase the chances of a tougher sentence?
    As I said a good judge would not be influenced by the press.

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    He has a pretty impressive CV of taking poor teams and turning their fortunes around. I am very confident that Hodgson will keep Palace up and so must he be else he would not have agreed to take the job on. Plenty of great talent in the squad they just need some organising.
    I would disagree with your assessment of his CV, he should get credit for when he managed in Sweden especially with Malmo and I think he was ahead of his time at that point.

He had some success also getting Switzerland to a major final, but was sacked from Finland and UAE, and wasn't a success with England.

Out of the other leagues he managed in his only relative success was with Fulham, failed at Inter sacked from Udinese, sacked from Blackburn, Bristol City, Liverpool.

For such a long career this is not a great track record imo, shame that Palace have gone for the safe option ,Hodgson will probebly keep them up as I think they have some decent players but it won't be entertaining for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlburnside View Post
    I would disagree with your assessment of his CV, he should get credit for when he managed in Sweden especially with Malmo and I think he was ahead of his time at that point.

He had some success also getting Switzerland to a major final, but was sacked from Finland and UAE, and wasn't a success with England.

Out of the other leagues he managed in his only relative success was with Fulham, failed at Inter sacked from Udinese, sacked from Blackburn, Bristol City, Liverpool.

For such a long career this is not a great track record imo, shame that Palace have gone for the safe option ,Hodgson will probebly keep them up as I think they have some decent players but it won't be entertaining for the fans.
    Would take (predictable) issue about Fulham. Got us out of relegation on the last day, took us to a European final and made us PL regulars with a very average and older squad

Tour Rookie

Some good stuff from Liverpool.
    But final ball and finishing just not good enough.