Page 324 of 643 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 6429

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by Swingalot View Post
    This thread has made me laugh. Just read Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea supporters all finding flaws or faults in their current squads and/or managers and also those of there rivals. Trust me, as a Palace fan, you have nothing to worry about!!!

We however have a nice little 3 game run coming up of Man City away, then United and then Chelsea at home. We have sacked one manager already and have Roy in as a firefighter. We have not scored in the PL yet and on top of that we have 1 fit striker in our squad who is getting lazier and lazier by the minute and a keeper who is quite simply the worse in the league.

Believe me, you lot have nothing to worry about.
    Are you referring to Benteke?

I genuinely feel sorry for you having to watch a Roy Hodgson sideweek in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Are you referring to Benteke?

I genuinely feel sorry for you having to watch a Roy Hodgson sideweek in week out.
    Yep Benteke and in fact he is far from our biggest problem. I'm not convinced about Roy, but we will see. It is short term and if he manages to keep us up this season then he will have done a decent job. Amazing how quickly we have gone down the tube, just highlights how much we relied on Zaha and how good he actually is. Even when he is not creating panic in the oppositions half he is taking 2/3 defenders out of the game.
    At least he'll be fit soon I hope.
    In the bag:
    Taylormade SLDR 9.5 deg
    3 Ping Crossover
    TaylorMade Rocketbalz 19 deg and 21deg rescue.
    Mizuno JPX825pro 4-Pw
    60deg lob wedge Callaway X
    Ping Kedsh Putter

Handicap - 9.6

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    I think there is some logic in making him do the same service as any other drink driver in the same situation would do. He may be well paid (grossly so to some). However doing something with his talent seems a more beneficial use of his time and would benefit a wider audience. Difficult but no doubt his advisors will get the best for their clinet
    Do you think the fact of who he is and the fact this has been in the papers from the start has had an impact on the sentence?

Also if he has to do community service, then he has to do standard community service. They should put some sort of injunction in place to stop photos etc coming out though. He was stupid and set up by the fame hungry celeb wannabe, all these photos coming out will just give her more of what she wants. She should just fade into the background now

Quote Originally Posted by Swingalot View Post
    Yep Benteke and in fact he is far from our biggest problem. I'm not convinced about Roy, but we will see. It is short term and if he manages to keep us up this season then he will have done a decent job. Amazing how quickly we have gone down the tube, just highlights how much we relied on Zaha and how good he actually is. Even when he is not creating panic in the oppositions half he is taking 2/3 defenders out of the game.
    At least he'll be fit soon I hope.
    He has a pretty impressive CV of taking poor teams and turning their fortunes around. I am very confident that Hodgson will keep Palace up and so must he be else he would not have agreed to take the job on. Plenty of great talent in the squad they just need some organising.
    "No matter what happens one day, I will always love this club forever and be an eternal fan. I dedicate my life to make you happy"

Arsene Wenger 2017

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    He has a pretty impressive CV of taking poor teams and turning their fortunes around. I am very confident that Hodgson will keep Palace up and so must he be else he would not have agreed to take the job on. Plenty of great talent in the squad they just need some organising.
    I'd like to believe that but if you are unemployed and looking to get back into it you will take whatever is on offer, after all, if you fail you still get paid, so it's hardly a hardship.

I'm sure all managers when they take on positions will want to achieve their objectives, but we all know it's not 100% in their hands, so, it will be interesting to see if he can motive a group of players that have hit rock bottom and turn things around.

He's probably the best person for the job in their current position, it won't be pretty and the fans shouldn't expect too much, he will simply grind out some results to get some points in the bank.
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

Hcp: 16.5

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    He's probably the best person for the job in their current position, it won't be pretty and the fans shouldn't expect too much, he will simply grind out some results to get some points in the bank.
    Dunno I think Pulis, Warnock and Allardyce.......oh.......been there before.

Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    Do you think the fact of who he is and the fact this has been in the papers from the start has had an impact on the sentence?

Also if he has to do community service, then he has to do standard community service. They should put some sort of injunction in place to stop photos etc coming out though. He was stupid and set up by the fame hungry celeb wannabe, all these photos coming out will just give her more of what she wants. She should just fade into the background now
    Definitley stupid but i cant see how hes been set up.

He's been caught red handed at it, his bird was away and he thought he'd have a bit of strange. He knew who he was getting involved with.No sympathy whatsoever.

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Definitley stupid but i cant see how hes been set up.

He's been caught red handed at it, his bird was away and he thought he'd have a bit of strange. He knew who he was getting involved with.No sympathy whatsoever.
    I mean he was targeted by someone who saw it as an opportunity to sell a story. I'm pretty sure the plan wasn't to catch him drink driving, it was to sleep with him and become famous for it, or to get him to pay her off. He was an idiot, but we all know he lacks intelligence. I have no sympathy as he should know better, but he was definitely targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    I mean he was targeted by someone who saw it as an opportunity to sell a story. I'm pretty sure the plan wasn't to catch him drink driving, it was to sleep with him and become famous for it, or to get him to pay her off. He was an idiot, but we all know he lacks intelligence. I have no sympathy as he should know better, but he was definitely targeted.
    No. I still dont agree with that. Had Rooney not got pulled by her majestys finest, nothing would've been said.

She's used to having dealings with rich men, he was just another slimy fecker that she knew she'd get money out of without selling her story. Unfortunately he got caught.

She has taken a lot of unfair criticism in the press and on social media, its only fair she puts her side of the story across.

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Just like the he did with England squad, though he failed in 3 tournaments.