Page 942 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 442842892932940941942943944952992 ... LastLast
Results 9,411 to 9,420 of 10341

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Everything I’ve read about him has him as a winger, attacking midfielder (left & right), forward.

Am I right in saying Liverpool lost out to him last summer, although some say L’pool bid and some say they didn’t, but he left Lazio anyway to go to Monaco, if so, why the quick move within a year?
    Who are you talking about ?

Naby Keita has been at Leipzig since 2016 - we did bid for him the summer and the transfer was arranged for summer 2018 but the club are looking to bring him in now instead

He is a box to box centre mid who doesn’t mind getting stuck in and also got some great dribbling skills , hasn’t been at Lazio or Monaco

Money List Winner

Everything I’ve read about him has him as a winger, attacking midfielder (left & right), forward.

Am I right in saying Liverpool lost out to him last summer, although some say L’pool bid and some say they didn’t, but he left Lazio anyway to go to Monaco, if so, why the quick move within a year?
    Are you still talking about Keita FIsh? He's at leipzig.......

More an attacking box to box from what little i've seen.
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    Are you still talking about Keita FIsh? He's at leipzig.......

More an attacking box to box from what little i've seen.
    When I googled Keita everything only came up about Keita Balde and with plenty of Liverpool associated stories.

Obviously I’m not as good as some on here with Google and I wouldn’t know his full name as I have little interest in him or who they’re buying. The other (correct) Keita never came up in my search!

But as I thought anyway, the deal was already done so he’s not an additional signing off the back of Coutinho, it was already agreed he was coming over, although possibly earlier!

Money List Winner

When I googled Keita everything only came up about Keita Balde and with plenty of Liverpool associated stories.

Obviously I’m not as good as some on here with Google and I wouldn’t know his full name as I have little interest in him or who they’re buying. The other (correct) Keita never came up in my search!

But as I thought anyway, the deal was already done so he’s not an additional signing off the back of Coutinho, it was already agreed he was coming over, although possibly earlier!
    I agree re already paid for. Atm all they've done is spent a little over the VVD money. If they sign a £40m keeper then i'd be impressed. Until then they haven't spent much. That being said, i think Keita and VVD will be more integral than coutinho. Quality though he was, he was one of many attacking talents they have plenty of.
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    If they could add a keeper then I think that would be ok until the summer then look for someone like Lemar , Pulasic in the summer.

At least VVD can play in the CL - Keita and the reported keepers wouldn’t be able too

I guess with Leipzig playing this weekend we will know for sure

With City reportedly pulling out of the Sanchez race wonder if it would be worth paying the £35 mil they are asking for ?

Surprised Chelsea haven’t dipped into the market but I guess that’s why Conte isn’t a happy boy and looking to leave in the summer - going to be a big couple of months for both Chelsea and Arsenal then summer is going to be a big one with some big players possibly moving like Hazard
    35mil is buttons for a player of Sanchez’s class Liverpool should table a bid right away He is exactly the type of player Klopp likes .
    great work rate .a desire to win and scores goals .
    Cant believe all clubs are not lining up to sign him.
    City may lose out but in the end it’s up to the player but we must at least try and get him.
    He could play Coutinho role with ease imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    I agree re already paid for. Atm all they've done is spent a little over the VVD money. If they sign a £40m keeper then i'd be impressed. Until then they haven't spent much. That being said, i think Keita and VVD will be more integral than coutinho. Quality though he was, he was one of many attacking talents they have plenty of.
    I agree Coutinho was a very good player but totally overpriced at 145 millions so to be fair on the VVD deal where you overpaid all top clubs do it.

At least now Klopp is doing something about it and strengthening,as you say a keeper is needed desperately and im sure Klopp will deliver.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post
    Never seen anything of him Ped, is he an attacking midfielder/"Coutinho replacement" or different type of player altogether?
    From the youtube videos (not always reliable as just pick the best bits), he looks like a Kante, who then dribbles down the pitch and puts it in from 25 yards.

Attacking midfielder, I reckon.

Wasn’t this all agreed in principle prior to the Coutinho sale.
    Not that the general press are saying and Leipzig.

I was agreed for him to come in July, but we may pay a premium to get him earlier.

Just seen that hes the 3rd most successful dribbler in the Bundesliga this season, which for a central midfielder is unusual - nots sure if thats dribbles per minute or not.
    Last edited by Liverbirdie; 13-Jan-2018 at 11:28.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    From the youtube videos (not always reliable as just pick the best bits), he looks like a Kante, who then dribbles down the pitch and puts it in from 25 yards.

Attacking midfielder, I reckon.
    So would he be the replacement for Coutinho or would you still be looking to replace him with a (more) similar type of player?

I agree with earlier post, at £35m Sanchez is a bargain (assuming he will go somewhere other than City).
    H'cap = 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Not that the general press are saying and Leipzig.

I was agreed for him to come in July, but we may pay a premium to get him earlier.

Just seen that hes the 3rd most successful dribbler in the Bundesliga this season, which for a central midfielder is unusual - nots sure if thats dribbles per minute or not.
    And the most red cards....... not including assaulting a team mate in training with a knee high tackle.

Early premium £17m?