Page 942 of 1458 FirstFirst ... 44284289293294094194294394495299210421442 ... LastLast
Results 9,411 to 9,420 of 14573
  1. #9411
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    38,460

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Everything Iíve read about him has him as a winger, attacking midfielder (left & right), forward.

    Am I right in saying Liverpool lost out to him last summer, although some say Lípool bid and some say they didnít, but he left Lazio anyway to go to Monaco, if so, why the quick move within a year?
    Who are you talking about ?

    Naby Keita has been at Leipzig since 2016 - we did bid for him the summer and the transfer was arranged for summer 2018 but the club are looking to bring him in now instead

    He is a box to box centre mid who doesnít mind getting stuck in and also got some great dribbling skills , hasnít been at Lazio or Monaco

  2. #9412
    Money List Winner Papas1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,919

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Everything Iíve read about him has him as a winger, attacking midfielder (left & right), forward.

    Am I right in saying Liverpool lost out to him last summer, although some say Lípool bid and some say they didnít, but he left Lazio anyway to go to Monaco, if so, why the quick move within a year?
    Are you still talking about Keita FIsh? He's at leipzig.......

    More an attacking box to box from what little i've seen.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

  3. #9413
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    19,975

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    Are you still talking about Keita FIsh? He's at leipzig.......

    More an attacking box to box from what little i've seen.
    When I googled Keita everything only came up about Keita Balde and with plenty of Liverpool associated stories.

    Obviously Iím not as good as some on here with Google and I wouldnít know his full name as I have little interest in him or who theyíre buying. The other (correct) Keita never came up in my search!

    But as I thought anyway, the deal was already done so heís not an additional signing off the back of Coutinho, it was already agreed he was coming over, although possibly earlier!

  4. #9414
    Money List Winner Papas1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,919

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    When I googled Keita everything only came up about Keita Balde and with plenty of Liverpool associated stories.

    Obviously Iím not as good as some on here with Google and I wouldnít know his full name as I have little interest in him or who theyíre buying. The other (correct) Keita never came up in my search!

    But as I thought anyway, the deal was already done so heís not an additional signing off the back of Coutinho, it was already agreed he was coming over, although possibly earlier!
    I agree re already paid for. Atm all they've done is spent a little over the VVD money. If they sign a £40m keeper then i'd be impressed. Until then they haven't spent much. That being said, i think Keita and VVD will be more integral than coutinho. Quality though he was, he was one of many attacking talents they have plenty of.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

  5. #9415
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,841

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    If they could add a keeper then I think that would be ok until the summer then look for someone like Lemar , Pulasic in the summer.

    At least VVD can play in the CL - Keita and the reported keepers wouldnít be able too

    I guess with Leipzig playing this weekend we will know for sure

    With City reportedly pulling out of the Sanchez race wonder if it would be worth paying the £35 mil they are asking for ?

    Surprised Chelsea havenít dipped into the market but I guess thatís why Conte isnít a happy boy and looking to leave in the summer - going to be a big couple of months for both Chelsea and Arsenal then summer is going to be a big one with some big players possibly moving like Hazard
    35mil is buttons for a player of Sanchezís class Liverpool should table a bid right away He is exactly the type of player Klopp likes .
    great work rate .a desire to win and scores goals .
    Cant believe all clubs are not lining up to sign him.
    City may lose out but in the end itís up to the player but we must at least try and get him.
    He could play Coutinho role with ease imo.

  6. #9416
    Money List Winner pokerjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Taunton ,Somerset
    Posts
    9,876

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    I agree re already paid for. Atm all they've done is spent a little over the VVD money. If they sign a £40m keeper then i'd be impressed. Until then they haven't spent much. That being said, i think Keita and VVD will be more integral than coutinho. Quality though he was, he was one of many attacking talents they have plenty of.
    I agree Coutinho was a very good player but totally overpriced at 145 millions so to be fair on the VVD deal where you overpaid all top clubs do it.

    At least now Klopp is doing something about it and strengthening,as you say a keeper is needed desperately and im sure Klopp will deliver.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9


    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

  7. #9417
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    13,932

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post
    Never seen anything of him Ped, is he an attacking midfielder/"Coutinho replacement" or different type of player altogether?
    From the youtube videos (not always reliable as just pick the best bits), he looks like a Kante, who then dribbles down the pitch and puts it in from 25 yards.

    Attacking midfielder, I reckon.

  8. #9418
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    13,932

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Wasnít this all agreed in principle prior to the Coutinho sale.
    Not that the general press are saying and Leipzig.

    I was agreed for him to come in July, but we may pay a premium to get him earlier.

    Just seen that hes the 3rd most successful dribbler in the Bundesliga this season, which for a central midfielder is unusual - nots sure if thats dribbles per minute or not.
    Last edited by Liverbirdie; 13-Jan-2018 at 11:28.

  9. #9419
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lancs
    Posts
    5,596

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    From the youtube videos (not always reliable as just pick the best bits), he looks like a Kante, who then dribbles down the pitch and puts it in from 25 yards.

    Attacking midfielder, I reckon.
    So would he be the replacement for Coutinho or would you still be looking to replace him with a (more) similar type of player?

    I agree with earlier post, at £35m Sanchez is a bargain (assuming he will go somewhere other than City).
    H'cap = 4.5

  10. #9420
    Ryder Cup Winner pbrown7582's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north yorks
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Not that the general press are saying and Leipzig.

    I was agreed for him to come in July, but we may pay a premium to get him earlier.

    Just seen that hes the 3rd most successful dribbler in the Bundesliga this season, which for a central midfielder is unusual - nots sure if thats dribbles per minute or not.
    And the most red cards....... not including assaulting a team mate in training with a knee high tackle.

    Early premium £17m?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

WATCH: Tiger Woods Clinic

The 14-time major winner gave a clinic at his new course and he was on form!

April 20, 2018

Charley Hullís Unexpected Club Change For LA Open

England's Charley Hull struggled to adapt to her new equipment in the LA Open after British Airways lost her clubs.

April 20, 2018

How Golf Has Changed Since Arsene Wenger Took Over At Arsenal

Arsene Wenger announced that he will be leaving Arsenal after 22 years. Here's what golf looked like when he took over in October 1996...

April 20, 2018

Irish Stars to play in Adare Manor curtain-raiser

As part of a stunning new design at the Limerick-based course, Adare Manor is hosting a charity event to celebrate its opening.

April 20, 2018

17 Ways To Tell Youíre Obsessed With Golf

The tell-tale signs that you are a true golf fanatic

April 19, 2018