Page 916 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 416816866906914915916917918926966 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,160 of 10052

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    So are we back in groundhog day with Arsenal? Struggling for top 4, now out of the cup and surely a matter of time before the Wenger out camp are back in full voice. Surely now is the time for a new manager, fresh impetus and a wholesale review of the squad
    That won’t happen this season unless, or until, a top 4 spot is mathematically unattainable. At preset, delusionalitis is still prevalent in too many people.

And can you imagine the payoff someone would get for 20 years service?
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    That won’t happen this season unless, or until, a top 4 spot is mathematically unattainable. At preset, delusionalitis is still prevalent in too many people.

And can you imagine the payoff someone would get for 20 years service?
    When does the contract run out. Assuming he stays until the end of the season, and Arsenal do seem reluctant to let him go and a sacking would be a sad way to see him leave after the length of service, do you think he might step aside or do you think he'll be replaced and give the new manager time to bring their own players in

So are we back in groundhog day with Arsenal? Struggling for top 4, now out of the cup and surely a matter of time before the Wenger out camp are back in full voice. Surely now is the time for a new manager, fresh impetus and a wholesale review of the squad
    Homeee we keep getting told there is no problem and all is cushty. Who are you to say any different. Just be like me, sit back and enjoy. More room at the top for the rest of us. 👌👍😜

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdouble View Post
    Homeee we keep getting told there is no problem and all is cushty. Who are you to say any different. Just be like me, sit back and enjoy. More room at the top for the rest of us. 👌👍😜
    I'm saying nothing. Merely suggesting that with a decent side out in the cup they were humbled, struggling to get CL spot again and it's so similar to last season. If Arsenal are happy to have him at the helm next season then fine but I suggest the fans may not be patient if they struggle again

I'm saying nothing. Merely suggesting that with a decent side out in the cup they were humbled, struggling to get CL spot again and it's so similar to last season. If Arsenal are happy to have him at the helm next season then fine but I suggest the fans may not be patient if they struggle again
    It didn't take a genius or mystic bleedin meg to know what was going to happen

When does the contract run out. Assuming he stays until the end of the season, and Arsenal do seem reluctant to let him go and a sacking would be a sad way to see him leave after the length of service, do you think he might step aside or do you think he'll be replaced and give the new manager time to bring their own players in
    its never gone away unless you believe the troll

his contract is for 2 years so summer 2019 but will be reviewed this summer. so his ego yet again comes first without allowing any consistency and long term planning

should be fired the second we are knocked out of europe, albeit this will never happen (and he should be playing our best side in every european game from now on)

ultimately will be his choice in the summer whether he has ruined the squad enough or needs another year to finish the job after we finish 6th
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Quote Originally Posted by fundy View Post
    its never gone away unless you believe the troll

his contract is for 2 years so summer 2019 but will be reviewed this summer. so his ego yet again comes first without allowing any consistency and long term planning

should be fired the second we are knocked out of europe, albeit this will never happen (and he should be playing our best side in every european game from now on)

ultimately will be his choice in the summer whether he has ruined the squad enough or needs another year to finish the job after we finish 6th
    It does seem to mirror Fergie’s end in that he’s leaving a poor squad. Although, if you’re a stats man the only thing wrong is goals conceded. The goals for is a healthy figure, and the number shots today was very good but very few were on target.
    Give it big humpties

Money List Winner

Odd thing is Homer when the word troll was used the other week, I mentioned about things that could well happen during the course of the season. Spuds not in the top three and losing players, ditto with Arsenal. I also mentioned about the Wenger out campaign should things not go to plan again this season. Looks like it will start sooner than anticipated. Ave a feeling it could be a painful month/ transfer window for the Arsenal fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    It does seem to mirror Fergie’s end in that he’s leaving a poor squad. Although, if you’re a stats man the only thing wrong is goals conceded. The goals for is a healthy figure, and the number shots today was very good but very few were on target.
    once sanchez and ozil go how many arsenal players will any of the top 5 clubs actually covet? 1 maybe 2 tops? stats only show part of the picture thats for sure

the attitude of some of the senior players today was utterly appalling, as usual no leader, over run in midfield, individual mistakes at the back and reliant on scoring 3 or 4 goals to have a chance, on the plus side for them a handful of them will have been paid 100k or close this week
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Odd thing is Homer when the word troll was used the other week, I mentioned about things that could well happen during the course of the season. Spuds not in the top three and losing players, ditto with Arsenal. I also mentioned about the Wenger out campaign should things not go to plan again this season. Looks like it will start sooner than anticipated. Ave a feeling it could be a painful month/ transfer window for the Arsenal fans.
    If Arsenal don't strengthen and lose some big names, would it not be a catalyst to get rid. I think his service, especially in this revolving door age for managers, is exceptional and he has done many good things for the club and won trophies. However, there was discussion on here, in the media and amongst the fans that last year was perhaps one too many, and nothing seems to have changed again. I wouldn't like to see his tenure come to an end by sacking but is there a danger it could happen?