Page 127 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1787

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Still think CM is an area that doesn't need strengthening at the moment - CB yes but our midfield wasn't the issue - Henderson , Can , Gini , Milner , Lallana, Gruijic , Coutinho - lot of numbers in there , Kieta would be a superb addition but what do you do when they just won't sell regardless of price ? Go mad and start offering over 100mil ! - Yes I think we will get him next summer

And Suarez was as good as gone the minute the second biting happened and Rodgers knew that and I'm pretty sure whilst no one wanted him to go he wasn't sold under the managers feet without him knowing.

If Coutinho goes without Klopps say so then I expect Klopp will go as well.
    Phil I came across this from today's post match press conference. It suggests to me he just coaches the players he's given.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWNE52io4Xg

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Phil I came across this from today's post match press conference. It suggests to me he just coaches the players he's given.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWNE52io4Xg
    It doesn't suggest it, it categorically is a statement of fact that he manages and coaches what his bosses/owners give or take away from him. I'm sure like all managers he's asked his opinion but he has no real say on who stays or goes.

Tour Winner

Just heard a brilliant stat on the radio. Man City have spent more on full backs in this transfer window than Brighton spent on their stadium. It does emphasise the gap between the big clubs and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    It doesn't suggest it, it categorically is a statement of fact that he manages and coaches what his bosses/owners give or take away from him. I'm sure like all managers he's asked his opinion but he has no real say on who stays or goes.
    So nothing has changed from the Rodgers regime except Klopp doesn't try and bullshit he's in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    So nothing has changed from the Rodgers regime except Klopp doesn't try and bullshit he's in charge?
    Really ? You got all that from a 2 min section of a post match interview and have managed to twist it to try and suit your argument against the owners ?

Do you really think a manager like Klopp would have no say at all in the players that arrive or leave the club - I'm pretty sure last year he told the club not to pay the asking price for Chiwell because he thought he was t worth that - but yet he told them to go all out for Mane ?

Ryder Cup Winner

http://www.givemesport.com/1122166-c...-of-the-season

Scroll down for live action.
    Goodness me.......and some on here have the cheek to knock the SPFL..........that was Nan's beach fitba.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Really ? You got all that from a 2 min section of a post match interview and have managed to twist it to try and suit your argument against the owners ?

Do you really think a manager like Klopp would have no say at all in the players that arrive or leave the club - I'm pretty sure last year he told the club not to pay the asking price for Chiwell because he thought he was t worth that - but yet he told them to go all out for Mane ?
    Are you deaf??

I haven't twisted anything.

It seems you're still falling for the PR BS.

Klopp has clearly stated that he just has to get on with the players he's given and openly says he's not involved in any of the transfer/contract discussions.
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 12-Aug-2017 at 20:10.

Amongst all this bickering, and we're only in week one of the season, wouldn't dear old RickG have been so proud of his beloved Terriers

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talks...oach-and%3famp

Seems Barton isn't overly impressed with Klopp 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Pin-seeker View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talks...oach-and%3famp

Seems Barton isn't overly impressed with Klopp 😂
    Is that the same joey Barton who said this about Neymar??

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jo...ROTUiHjPqrgCM: