Page 127 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 27771171251261271281291371772276271127 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 16045
  1. #1261
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Still think CM is an area that doesn't need strengthening at the moment - CB yes but our midfield wasn't the issue - Henderson , Can , Gini , Milner , Lallana, Gruijic , Coutinho - lot of numbers in there , Kieta would be a superb addition but what do you do when they just won't sell regardless of price ? Go mad and start offering over £100mil ! - Yes I think we will get him next summer

    And Suarez was as good as gone the minute the second biting happened and Rodgers knew that and I'm pretty sure whilst no one wanted him to go he wasn't sold under the managers feet without him knowing.

    If Coutinho goes without Klopps say so then I expect Klopp will go as well.
    Phil I came across this from today's post match press conference. It suggests to me he just coaches the players he's given.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWNE52io4Xg

  2. #1262
    Grand Slam Winner Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    20,121

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Phil I came across this from today's post match press conference. It suggests to me he just coaches the players he's given.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWNE52io4Xg
    It doesn't suggest it, it categorically is a statement of fact that he manages and coaches what his bosses/owners give or take away from him. I'm sure like all managers he's asked his opinion but he has no real say on who stays or goes.

  3. #1263
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,402

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Just heard a brilliant stat on the radio. Man City have spent more on full backs in this transfer window than Brighton spent on their stadium. It does emphasise the gap between the big clubs and the rest.

  4. #1264
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    It doesn't suggest it, it categorically is a statement of fact that he manages and coaches what his bosses/owners give or take away from him. I'm sure like all managers he's asked his opinion but he has no real say on who stays or goes.
    So nothing has changed from the Rodgers regime except Klopp doesn't try and bullshit he's in charge?

  5. #1265
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    38,815

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    So nothing has changed from the Rodgers regime except Klopp doesn't try and bullshit he's in charge?
    Really ? You got all that from a 2 min section of a post match interview and have managed to twist it to try and suit your argument against the owners ?

    Do you really think a manager like Klopp would have no say at all in the players that arrive or leave the club - I'm pretty sure last year he told the club not to pay the asking price for Chiwell because he thought he was t worth that - but yet he told them to go all out for Mane ?

  6. #1266
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    14,357

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    http://www.givemesport.com/1122166-c...-of-the-season

    Scroll down for live action.
    Goodness me.......and some on here have the cheek to knock the SPFL..........that was Nan's beach fitba.

  7. #1267
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Really ? You got all that from a 2 min section of a post match interview and have managed to twist it to try and suit your argument against the owners ?

    Do you really think a manager like Klopp would have no say at all in the players that arrive or leave the club - I'm pretty sure last year he told the club not to pay the asking price for Chiwell because he thought he was t worth that - but yet he told them to go all out for Mane ?
    Are you deaf??

    I haven't twisted anything.

    It seems you're still falling for the PR BS.

    Klopp has clearly stated that he just has to get on with the players he's given and openly says he's not involved in any of the transfer/contract discussions.
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 12-Aug-2017 at 20:10.

  8. #1268
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    62,148

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Amongst all this bickering, and we're only in week one of the season, wouldn't dear old RickG have been so proud of his beloved Terriers

  9. #1269
    Ryder Cup Winner Pin-seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13,239

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talks...oach-and%3famp

    Seems Barton isn't overly impressed with Klopp 😂

  10. #1270
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Pin-seeker View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talks...oach-and%3famp

    Seems Barton isn't overly impressed with Klopp 😂
    Is that the same joey Barton who said this about Neymar??

    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jo...ROTUiHjPqrgCM:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Paul Scholes Holes Bunker Shot

The Manchester United legend hit this beauty from the sand during the BMW PGA Championship Pro-Am

May 23, 2018

Rory McIlroy What’s In The Bag?

Here we take a look at the clubs Rory McIlroy is using this week at Wentworth

May 23, 2018

BMW PGA Championship Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour is back at Wentworth for its flagship event. Who will the BMW PGA Championship?

May 23, 2018

Rory McIlroy: “I Never Dreamed Of Being Famous”

The four-time major winner responded to being named the UK's most famous sportsperson in ESPN's Fame 100 list

May 23, 2018

New World Golf Tour Proposed

A new World Golf Tour has been proposed with huge $20m purses

May 23, 2018