Page 127 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 10365
  1. #1261
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,662

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Still think CM is an area that doesn't need strengthening at the moment - CB yes but our midfield wasn't the issue - Henderson , Can , Gini , Milner , Lallana, Gruijic , Coutinho - lot of numbers in there , Kieta would be a superb addition but what do you do when they just won't sell regardless of price ? Go mad and start offering over £100mil ! - Yes I think we will get him next summer

    And Suarez was as good as gone the minute the second biting happened and Rodgers knew that and I'm pretty sure whilst no one wanted him to go he wasn't sold under the managers feet without him knowing.

    If Coutinho goes without Klopps say so then I expect Klopp will go as well.
    Phil I came across this from today's post match press conference. It suggests to me he just coaches the players he's given.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWNE52io4Xg

  2. #1262
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    19,454

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Phil I came across this from today's post match press conference. It suggests to me he just coaches the players he's given.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWNE52io4Xg
    It doesn't suggest it, it categorically is a statement of fact that he manages and coaches what his bosses/owners give or take away from him. I'm sure like all managers he's asked his opinion but he has no real say on who stays or goes.

  3. #1263
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,266

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Just heard a brilliant stat on the radio. Man City have spent more on full backs in this transfer window than Brighton spent on their stadium. It does emphasise the gap between the big clubs and the rest.

  4. #1264
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,662

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    It doesn't suggest it, it categorically is a statement of fact that he manages and coaches what his bosses/owners give or take away from him. I'm sure like all managers he's asked his opinion but he has no real say on who stays or goes.
    So nothing has changed from the Rodgers regime except Klopp doesn't try and bullshit he's in charge?

  5. #1265
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    37,645

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    So nothing has changed from the Rodgers regime except Klopp doesn't try and bullshit he's in charge?
    Really ? You got all that from a 2 min section of a post match interview and have managed to twist it to try and suit your argument against the owners ?

    Do you really think a manager like Klopp would have no say at all in the players that arrive or leave the club - I'm pretty sure last year he told the club not to pay the asking price for Chiwell because he thought he was t worth that - but yet he told them to go all out for Mane ?

  6. #1266
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,857

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    http://www.givemesport.com/1122166-c...-of-the-season

    Scroll down for live action.
    Goodness me.......and some on here have the cheek to knock the SPFL..........that was Nan's beach fitba.

  7. #1267
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,662

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Really ? You got all that from a 2 min section of a post match interview and have managed to twist it to try and suit your argument against the owners ?

    Do you really think a manager like Klopp would have no say at all in the players that arrive or leave the club - I'm pretty sure last year he told the club not to pay the asking price for Chiwell because he thought he was t worth that - but yet he told them to go all out for Mane ?
    Are you deaf??

    I haven't twisted anything.

    It seems you're still falling for the PR BS.

    Klopp has clearly stated that he just has to get on with the players he's given and openly says he's not involved in any of the transfer/contract discussions.
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 12-Aug-2017 at 20:10.

  8. #1268
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    60,608

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Amongst all this bickering, and we're only in week one of the season, wouldn't dear old RickG have been so proud of his beloved Terriers

  9. #1269
    Ryder Cup Winner Pin-seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,864

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talks...oach-and%3famp

    Seems Barton isn't overly impressed with Klopp 😂

  10. #1270
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,662

    Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Pin-seeker View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talks...oach-and%3famp

    Seems Barton isn't overly impressed with Klopp 😂
    Is that the same joey Barton who said this about Neymar??

    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jo...ROTUiHjPqrgCM:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

LAAC day 3 report: Alvaro Ortiz leads by one

Alvaro Ortiz of Mexico leads the Latin America Amateur Championship in Santiago, Chile by one shot from a group of four players including the defending champion Toto Gana and the World’s Number 1 amateur Joaquin Niemann, both from Chile.

January 22, 2018

Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedge Review

The new Titleist Vokey SM7 wedge represents the latest addition to the successful Vokey range. Does the performance match the premium price-tag? Our test team put the new Titleist Vokey SM7 wedge through its' paces

January 22, 2018

Jon Rahm wins CareerBuilder Challenge after playoff

Jon Rahm wins the CareerBuilder Challenge after a playoff with American Andrew Landry

January 22, 2018

LAAC day two: Jaime Lopez Rivarola leads by one

Jaime Lopez Rivarola of Argentina leads the fourth Latin America Amateur championship at the halfway stage after a second round 68 at the Prince of Wales CC in Santiago, Chile.

January 21, 2018

Tommy Fleetwood wins Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship

Tommy Fleetwood wins the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship, successfully defending the title he won 12 months ago

January 21, 2018