Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

I wonder how long it'll be before FSG release an apology to Barça......

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    I wonder how long it'll be before FSG release an apology to Barça......
    What have FSG done wrong in this Stu ? Despite you believing they would sell for money they have turned down every bid they have received for him and have stated he won't be sold no matter what the bid is - isn't that what we want to hear ?

This coming out now confirms my fears of us not strengthening the squad properly. Why oh why haven't we sorted our defence out? If vvd is a no go, then move on. He's cant be the only decent 60mil CB out there surely? You simply cannot say if I can't have him I don't want anybody else...

Whilst losing Coutinho would be a massive blow (not that we have yet!) I'm wondering would be stronger as a squad with a proper CB and a Mahrez/Lanzini type player?

The timing of this is horrendous, being on the eve of our opener. This is the worst part for me. Players come an go, cest la vie.
    H'cap 14.8

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    This coming out now confirms my fears of us not strengthening the squad properly. Why oh why haven't we sorted our defence out? If vvd is a no go, then move on. He's cant be the only decent 60mil CB out there surely? You simply cannot say if I can't have him I don't want anybody else...

Whilst losing Coutinho would be a massive blow (not that we have yet!) I'm wondering would be stronger as a squad with a proper CB and a Mahrez/Lanzini type player?

The timing of this is horrendous, being on the eve of our opener. This is the worst part for me. Players come an go, cest la vie.
    Nightmare for Liverpool if you were to lose Coutinho. Sure you could use the proceeds to build the squad out but unless you get someone with the same quality you will miss his goals, assists and ultimately the points.

Mahrez or Chamberlain are no match for Coutinho as I'm sure you already know.

Tour Rookie

The transfer request was merely the next stage once an offer(s) had been rejected.
    Sadly players have far too power
    Titleist 915 D2 Driver 10.5 Deg Diamana Blue
    Titleist 915f 3 Fairway Wood Diamana Red
    Cobra DWS Hybrid Aldila NV 65R
    Cleveland CG16 4-PW
    Cleveland CG16 48 Deg GW
    Cleveland Tour Action 53 Deg GW
    Cobra SW
    TaylorMade Ghost Maranello Putter

Handicap 14.4

Ill be interested you see how this plays out.

In the end I think Coutinho will use the age old excuse

"It's not about the money, I want to win trophies"

Bit like Suarez, Van Persie, Lukaku, Neymar, I could keep going bit though get the idea.
    ... The moderator formally known as Gareth

A bag containing numerous forged bits, tastefully wrapped in Iliac and Scott Readman Concepts Headcovers

2016 Handicap - 13.6>13.1>13.1>11.8> Clause 23 adjustment > 10.8 >10.9>10.9>11.0

I can't think of one reason why Coutinho wouldn't want to go to Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    What have FSG done wrong in this Stu ? Despite you believing they would sell for money they have turned down every bid they have received for him and have stated he won't be sold no matter what the bid is - isn't that what we want to hear ?
    I don't know why we had to release a statement. To me it's just fueling the fire.

They've said nothing then just before Klopp's press conference they release this statement. Suddenly Coutinho hands in a transfer request. It sounds and looks fishy to me.

Let the media stir, this shows how incompetent we are as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post

Selling Coutinho will only weaken us, unless you're replacing him with a proper top quality player which Mahrez and Lanzini are not.

Our transfer business has been poor but if you believe the PR BS, we've actually improved by moving Milner back into midfield and having a fit sturridge