Page 1545 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 54510451445149515351543154415451546154715551595 ... LastLast
Results 15,441 to 15,450 of 16046

Re: And, we're off, 2017/18.......

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    Where will Yaya Toure end up when leaving city, wants to stay in EPL for 2 years and will be on a free come June. Never been sure about him - great in possession and scores but maybe doesn't work hard enough defensively and keep weigth off and now age is very much against him.
    Just wondering if Liverpool might nab him as an impact or back up midfielder, may be too expensive wages wise for some of the mid level clubs. Milner, Kolarov, Dzeko etc have all left City and done ok elsewhere. Views?
    Similar player to Pogba in that he plays attacking CM but gives almost no defensive input. The kind of wages he'll be looking for, I can't really see any Prem team taking him on. Seems a prime candidate for China now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Why do people think Lukaku holds the ball up well? It bounces off him constantly. He’s better when running onto the ball. It’s so lazy to see a big, strong forward and say that.
    His first touch is shocking, but if he does get hold of it he can certainly hold off a defender and play a simple pass to someone. If you don't think he can do that, then you really must not rate him at all because he doesn't do much else.
    Last edited by PhilTheFragger; 11-May-2018 at 20:46.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.4

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    His first touch is shocking, but if he does get hold of it he can certainly hold off a defender and play a simple pass to someone. If you don't think he can do that, then you really must not rate him at all because he doesn't do much else.
    He’s Utd’s top scorer, double that of anyone else, far better goals to minutes played ratio than any other Utd forward, second in assists to Pogba.
    Currently scored 27 goals in 50 appearances.

As already stated, Utd’s best season since Fergie left and it’s all Lukaku’s fault............

7th in the all time PL list for goals per game, ie guess those below him were sh!te

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/693046/Premier-League-stats-goals-per-game-ratios-Romelu-Lukaku-Manchester-United-sportgalleries/amp
    Last edited by pauldj42; 11-May-2018 at 10:24.

Journeyman Pro

Pathetic is a very apt word to describe Mark Noble in general.

0-0 was a cracking result for me, I had Adrian and Smalling in my fantasy team. One gameweek to go and I've crept back into the money places in my work league, in 3rd place! Also on for manager of the month at the moment.
    I shouldn’t admit this but he is pathetic .. he has one decent thing about his game and that’s pens. No question he is outstanding at them.. but the rest of his game is poor. Can pick a pass if he given a mile of space but when do you get that space . Scores a goal from open play every now and again but not often enough

Shouldn’t be a starter in this league

Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    I shouldn’t admit this but he is pathetic .. he has one decent thing about his game and that’s pens. No question he is outstanding at them.. but the rest of his game is poor. Can pick a pass if he given a mile of space but when do you get that space . Scores a goal from open play every now and again but not often enough

Shouldn’t be a starter in this league
    And you are a West Ham fan? (Sorry I can't always remember who everyone supports in here.) If so that's quite refreshing to read - I thought he was universally loved by Hammers which I found quite inexplicable other than the fact he's a 'local lad' and has 'pashun', with which he attempted to make up for limited ability. He surely can't hold down a first team place for much longer.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • DX2 Optix

Journeyman Pro

And you are a West Ham fan? (Sorry I can't always remember who everyone supports in here.) If so that's quite refreshing to read - I thought he was universally loved by Hammers which I found quite inexplicable other than the fact he's a 'local lad' and has 'pashun', with which he attempted to make up for limited ability. He surely can't hold down a first team place for much longer.
    Indeed I am a hammer. I think he is one of the main people holding us back!!! Obiang (scored the wonder goal against you at Wembley , think your spurs if I remember) him and a new defensive midfielder for me would transform us

Rice at the back has been a revelation this season. 19 years old and some comfortable .yes he made mistakes but he has learned a lot

Noble on the other hand is so darn slow. I can’t stand watching him at times. When we play well he looks good because we give him hours on the ball. Like the layer season because payet did the clever work and noble could take all the time but we can’t carry him any longer

Too many claret and blue specs out there saying he bleeds claret and blue.. well you know what so do I but I’m also crap and don’t deserve to play

Tour Rookie

I'm WHU, and I like Noble. Just goes to show how different people watch the same stuff and come out with a completely different point of view. No problem with that.

What does seem to be a fundamental truth though, is that he isn't going to be around for much longer and there is no obvious candidate to replace what he does (or should do) for us. Namely : Linking the play together, keeping the ball moving, giving people an easy pass to play to etc etc.

For me, one of the many fundamental problems with our board is their inability to plan player development/purchases to make sure that we're not 'suddenly' bereft (even though most people can see it coming from an enormous distance).

Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    Indeed I am a hammer. I think he is one of the main people holding us back!!! Obiang (scored the wonder goal against you at Wembley , think your spurs if I remember) him and a new defensive midfielder for me would transform us

Rice at the back has been a revelation this season. 19 years old and some comfortable .yes he made mistakes but he has learned a lot

Noble on the other hand is so darn slow. I can’t stand watching him at times. When we play well he looks good because we give him hours on the ball. Like the layer season because payet did the clever work and noble could take all the time but we can’t carry him any longer

Too many claret and blue specs out there saying he bleeds claret and blue.. well you know what so do I but I’m also crap and don’t deserve to play
    That Obiang goal was really annoying. But fair play, he does look a decent player. Has he had injury problems or something?

Was Joao Mario not brought in to be the link up man in midfield? Or have I misunderstood his role? I guess he was only on loan anyway so don't know if you'll be making it permanent.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • DX2 Optix

Journeyman Pro

That Obiang goal was really annoying. But fair play, he does look a decent player. Has he had injury problems or something?

Was Joao Mario not brought in to be the link up man in midfield? Or have I misunderstood his role? I guess he was only on loan anyway so don't know if you'll be making it permanent.
    Picked up a nasty knee injury a couple of game later in the fa cup and made the bench for the first time since last night but didn’t get on

Mario was brought in to link up play a bit but we need a defensive midfielder more than anything

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/spo...mpression=true

Some pretty hefty wages there and bonuses paid

Can see why Sanchez picked Utd and what made Aubameyang go to Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Some pretty hefty wages there and bonuses paid

Can see why Sanchez picked Utd and what made Aubameyang go to Arsenal
    The problem with player wages is that, because so many different figures are bandied about, nobody knows what the factual figure actually is.
    I've seen Sanchez being paid anything from something under £300K a week to something over £500K a week.
    I think we just tend to pick the figure that most suits our arguments.