Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Head Pro

Re: Matchplay and the weather

This made me laugh.....seriously? I'm not playing because it is windy

Quote Originally Posted by jusme View Post
    This made me laugh.....seriously? I'm not playing because it is windy
    Its funny at the same time as being something that can happen.

How about a match that both teams were ready to play but suddenly a storm blows in, hail and 60mph gusts. One team is happy to play on despite being soaked to the skin and the other wants to re-arrange. Do they win the match or is it postponed?

I remember once being the only one of 4 who was happy to carry on, we had to come back and play the match another day in the end.
    Playing at Cambridge Lakes, practising my short game with my V-Easy and my Ping Zing Redwood (Putter for life)

Chandlers Ford Golf Academy Club Champion (Scratch) 2012, Inactive Handicap: 12

Three Goals Method- My Game plan

Hacker

So an update on this.

They ended up playing last night, it was 2 v 1 as one of my mates now couldn't make it so I was asked to go along and caddy for my mate, I turned up when they were on the 3rd hole.

The opponents decided that although the lowest handicapper wasn't there they would still take the shots off him, not sure if that's right or not but I would have thought it would be the lowest playing.

Anyway in the end my mate on his own shoots 9 under handicap and wins 3&1 so I guess they probably wish they had played in the wind as he as playing rubbish last week.
    Cleveland SL290 Driver - keep trying to change it but nothing I try gives me anything more, so much for new technology. Callaway Epic 3. Callaway Apex 4 - PW. Titleist SM6 - 50, 54 & 58. Scotty Cameron GoLo 5r

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrobandito View Post
    So an update on this.

They ended up playing last night, it was 2 v 1 as one of my mates now couldn't make it so I was asked to go along and caddy for my mate, I turned up when they were on the 3rd hole.

The opponents decided that although the lowest handicapper wasn't there they would still take the shots off him, not sure if that's right or not but I would have thought it would be the lowest playing.

Anyway in the end my mate on his own shoots 9 under handicap and wins 3&1 so I guess they probably wish they had played in the wind as he as playing rubbish last week.

Sound like a couple of muppets you were playing against. Would have no time for those shenanigans
    2016: Started Playing->23.0
    2017: 22.7->14.4

They were right about calculating shots off the absent lowest hcp player

It's one thing to bail because of the weather, but another thing completely to then play 2v1 because one of the "good guys" couldn't make it when the other team decided they would grace the course with their presence.

I would be absolutely fuming and I'm glad they lost.

Hacker

I'm putting it down to my caddying skills, I'm sure all the pro's respond well to "yea whatever, just hit it" and "sorry I wasn't watching"
    Cleveland SL290 Driver - keep trying to change it but nothing I try gives me anything more, so much for new technology. Callaway Epic 3. Callaway Apex 4 - PW. Titleist SM6 - 50, 54 & 58. Scotty Cameron GoLo 5r

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrobandito View Post
    I'm putting it down to my caddying skills, I'm sure all the pro's respond well to "yea whatever, just hit it" and "sorry I wasn't watching"
    You clearly made the difference. Are you free next Saturday? I can only offer 10% of any winnings but I will stand you at hot chocolate in the clubhouse.
    • Welton Manor Golf Club
    • 2017: 20.1 ---> 21.0 ---> 20.6
    • 2016: 21.5 ---> 22.0 ---> 19.5 ---> 20.1
    • 2015: 21.0 ---> 21.5