Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: VERY Disappointed with my new SkyCaddie Touch - be warned

Quote Originally Posted by CliveW View Post
    With the latest update, I don't see the need for a replacement.
    Correct, the Touch is pretty much the real deal and any updates are simple to sync, it has the capacity to absorb anything else in the future the tech boys want to throw at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Correct, the Touch is pretty much the real deal and any updates are simple to sync, it has the capacity to absorb anything else in the future the tech boys want to throw at it.
    Agreed but software updates won’t make SC much money !!

Tour Rookie

Huge difference with the new software upgrade, 5 hour round today and I still had over 50% battery life left.

Skycaddie are number one for a reason. They walk the course, they map it, they go back and upgrade courses. Top top product.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Journeyman Pro

I might have to pull the trigger and get me a Touch then. Reduced in price at the minute with a free years subscription on the SkyCaddie site.

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    Huge difference with the new software upgrade, 5 hour round today and I still had over 50% battery life left.

Skycaddie are number one for a reason. They walk the course, they map it, they go back and upgrade courses. Top top product.
    Yep. Same. Today 4 hour round. 60% battery left👍🏻

I have had my Touch for just over a year and have just updated my subscription. Unfortunately there was an immediate software update which dims the screen to save power - I have never had a problem with power!
    But I now have a problem in that I used to have to touch the screen perhaps 100 times during a round. I would view the distances regularly. I now have to touch the screen to make it bright enough to see, so I now end up having to touch the screen about 300 times!! This is just not on. I also have to walk to my trolly where the Touch is instead of being able to see it from some feet away. Some people may need this feature to get over the inadequate battery, but I don't have this problem and it appears you can't switch off- a really dumb upgrade the isn't an option.
    Today the Touch froze at the "Start round" screen. - now that really did save the battery. Left it with my pro with a few choice words. A ball of string would be more use….

So you had to touch your gps 100 times a round, that’s 5-6 times per hole of which there’s no doubt at least 4 x par 3’s.

Now you say that’s up to 300, I think you over exaggerate a lot or you play off 229 😳

Hmm, and a strange first post!
    Last edited by Fish; 30-Oct-2017 at 21:57.

Tour Rookie

Had my Touch on for 3.5 hours on Sunday and hardly used any juice.

Superb software upgrade, can't see past it at all.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    Had my Touch on for 3.5 hours on Sunday and hardly used any juice.

Superb software upgrade, can't see past it at all.
    Exactly, I was out on the Oxfordshire course for over 4 hours and obviously you fire the gps well before you start and when I came off I hadn’t even used half the battery display 👍

Just poking the screen if it’s gone dark is no hardship by comparison and must take a millisecond to do, and, if you need to get any yardage or know what hazards are ahead you need to press the function eye button anyway, so the new upgrade is a very welcome addition imo.

I set my green display to come on at 150 yards so once within that yardage there’s no need to press anything, unless you use the Inteligent Green function.

Assistant Pro

There is a Motocaddy app available which is completely free and provides all the information you could need with overhead views of the holes using Google maps, shot distance measuring etc. I find that a full round only uses about 20% of my battery. With apps like this available for free I don't see the point of paying for a device or subscription.