Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Callaway drivers - 24 in 5 years !

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey01 View Post
    He should have tested all the drivers from each year to work out which from each year was best for him, then put he best from each year up against each other in the shootout.
    Could have spread that out over a few days before the final showdown.

What was interesting, and not mentioned in his video, was that the epic had the lowest average clubhead speed, but the highest average ball speed.
    I noticed this as well. Was surprised he didn't mention it. The efficiency rating of the Epic was better than the others yet all the strike locations seemed good. I guess without seeing each shot it is hard to say if there was an outsider in the others which brought the average down. But it definitely seems the Epic was more efficient.

Was wondering why the SS was lower, he did say that in the second group of testing that the epic had 4/5 on the fairway. I am guessing that he used most of these for the 5 best shots and maybe he was swinging a bit slower at the end through tiredness or the fact he had to hit some fairways?!?
    H/C: 16.9 Carnalea Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: Ping G LS tec. 3 wood: TM M2 HL Hybrids: TM M2 3, TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Coffey View Post
    I noticed this as well. Was surprised he didn't mention it. The efficiency rating of the Epic was better than the others yet all the strike locations seemed good. I guess without seeing each shot it is hard to say if there was an outsider in the others which brought the average down. But it definitely seems the Epic was more efficient.

Was wondering why the SS was lower, he did say that in the second group of testing that the epic had 4/5 on the fairway. I am guessing that he used most of these for the 5 best shots and maybe he was swinging a bit slower at the end through tiredness or the fact he had to hit some fairways?!?
    I weirdly found that my swing speed dropped off a bit when I was fitted earlier this year. I found a 4-5mph difference in club head speed between the Epic and the M1 I went for. It could be Rick was finding the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BristolMike View Post
    I weirdly found that my swing speed dropped off a bit when I was fitted earlier this year. I found a 4-5mph difference in club head speed between the Epic and the M1 I went for. It could be Rick was finding the same.
    That's interesting. Was the shaft the same?
    H/C: 16.9 Carnalea Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: Ping G LS tec. 3 wood: TM M2 HL Hybrids: TM M2 3, TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Coffey View Post
    That's interesting. Was the shaft the same?
    It was the same weight, but slightly different. Hzrdus black in the M1, various shafts in the Epic. I was surprised at the time, but just went M1 and didn't really think much more about it.